And we thought Rimmer was bad

This has been blown out of proportion. Beattie has been great for the game and has gone out of his way to engage with fans even ones that call him horrible names.

This was either a gaffe or an off colour joke gone wrong.

But the outcome is that he has quit twitter and the fans lose and the media mob win.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

Beattie has said he is not going to be in the game long. He wants to make some decisions even if they make people angry and then get out.

That is so much better than career administrators who flip flop to try to appease two sides and never get anything of substance done.

Beattie is doing well.

new rise.jpg

5 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Ridiculous from the media. I’m heavily involved in RL and don’t know the dead fan in question. If a parody account tweeted I wouldn’t have a clue. 

Laurie Nicholls was very well-known in his day.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, DlEHARD said:

This has been blown out of proportion. Beattie has been great for the game and has gone out of his way to engage with fans even ones that call him horrible names.

This was either a gaffe or an off colour joke gone wrong.

But the outcome is that he has quit twitter and the fans lose and the media mob win.

Agreed. Sometimes I am glad the game in this country isn't as popular as over there. Absolute tools.

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Laurie Nicholls was very well-known in his day.

Yes, probably the most well known Aussie fan, for several decades.  TV cameras would always pick him out at the start of Balmain games with his shadow boxing.

16 hours ago, DlEHARD said:

and the media mob win.

Well he won't be alone in that respect then, will he?

In fact I'm begining to think that's its purpose.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

13 hours ago, JonM said:

Yes, probably the most well known Aussie fan, for several decades.  TV cameras would always pick him out at the start of Balmain games with his shadow boxing.

It doesnt matter how well known Nicholls was in his day if Beattie wasnt a follower of the game then he probably didnt know Nichols had died.

A comparison is that the Head of the FA responds in a similar fashion to a tweet from someone called Ken Bailey is God - abd Ken was as well known over here as Nicholls was in Oz.

Archived