Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Sunday 26th May 2019

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, POR said:

COLIN day and walters barring injury or suspension should be our first choice second row for rest of season wheeldon and makatoa first choice props harrison and ormondroyd  should be first choice subs for respective position and I've already said we've not brought ferguson in not to play so that leaves one position left between jonnie and luke

A very good point POR. Just hope that Davies is not  totally left out in the cold.  

Can't see passed a fev win specially at your place you owe us for two previous results. Over the summer bash I thought fev was the best team overall. You seem to be firing on all cylinders ATM I do think we will have one eye on the challenge cup next weekend it's a real opportunity for a very young team to play in a semi final.

i reckon you'll do us by about 16 but I'd take another 1 point win ?

On 24/05/2019 at 13:41, POR said:

well that's the backs sorted with the forward danny  should miss out again then  the fun starts ferguson on loan  means if we've  brought him in we must intend on playing him so one of jonnie or luke miss unless ryam thinks not right time then it's him and danny 

sorry blue pike looks like Rocky Marciano. 5’ 10 1/2 inches  misses out on the nineteen  again ???

Ken Dodd will be turning in his grave. ??

Ken Dodd was born in Knotty Ash so he was a  Liverpool lad.  We know RL players lose teeth Ken Dodd  had his own he told the audience he had just finished paying for them. 

Yes Rocky Used to knock out taller , bigger weighted boxers far superior to himself and once got knocked out of the ring but got back in straight away to win the bout . I once worked with a man who saw Ken live and said he was the funniest act he ever saw and because Ken enjoyed the gig he carried on for another hour.Class.

So in all aspects we are talking about class. We have some now so lets back it up and retain it. I joined the lottery let others follow to maintain our improvement.

Well that was a good Sunday Aft entertainment!

Thought 1-17 was excellent - Chizzy ran the show and Bradford caved in big style in the second half

If Kear had any hair left hed have tore it out! Bradford were very disappointing - too many had their eye on next week for me & werent prepared to put a shift in case of getting an injury & missing next week

But we can only play whats in front of us & the scoreline doesnt lie - If wedve been more clinical 1st half & we missed 2 east kicks in front of posts then it cudve been 60+

I thought first 10 mins second half we looked lethargic and uninterested. And then they scored and I thought here we go.again  But then something seemed to click and we destroyed them.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Fev would have had sixty had it not been for a swirling wind. Top drawer performances by so many players. Hardcastles best game for the club in my opinion. Harrison is taking his game to another level. Davies is just Davies that try was brilliant finished off like a winger?. The Bulls were lucky to be in it at 10-4. Briscoe is a class act. You cant say anything that hasnt already been said about Chisholm and Holmes. Great team spirit.

First half we should have been well in  front but for a bit of overplay , and we should have taken 2 kicks at goal to put us (hopefully)16;-0up instead of only 10. I thought at the start of the second half it could come back to bite us with their try and a bit of a wobble, but the turning point for me was the effort Johnny Davies put in to score his try. Chisholm is still a enigma, missing 2 easy kicks at goal and then kicks from the touchline from Careys try. We seemed tp get stronger towards the end and The Bulls could not live with us, and the try at the end must have caused Kear to tear his bit of hair out. Overall cannot complain about our almost superb team performance.,

Too many late changes grant, webster, milnes, peltier.

wilde then come into the halves, best backrower mini had to go centre to replace Webster. Foggin Johnson come into the team to replace grant. Stephenson a full back 18 year old replaced peltier a prop forward which was madness.

pickergill then went full back Ethan too the wing so the core the team how was training completely changed.

then lose prop forward green we already lacked size in the middle all first half defending took its toll in the second half. 

Ethans intercept was nothing wrong with that, foggin johnsons break also pulled back when nothing was wrong. George got done for crossing with a barge over try ?

We was poor today and that's down to on the day changes can't take anything away from fev who was on fire today.

has for hewer the mans a joke he does not have a clue that's for both teams.

Foggin johnston ran around the back of crossley and pickersgill and through the resultant gap which is a penalty

Flanagans disallowed try was not a “barge over try” by any stretch of the imagination

Normally run round back of people returning a kick your furthest player back.

like fev did with a kick return which was just fine. 

Noticed you missed the Ethan intercept on two minutes out has nothing was wrong with catching a ball and running. 

So he dummed to pass and dived over is what you call a barge over in rugby. Like your first try where Davis took the line with him moving off the mark for your player to dive over?

spear tackle on Oakes dropped on his head play on.

in attack fev could do no wrong has you was on fire but in defence hewer saw no wrong either.

19 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Too many late changes grant, webster, milnes, peltier.

wilde then come into the halves, best backrower mini had to go centre to replace Webster. Foggin Johnson come into the team to replace grant. Stephenson a full back 18 year old replaced peltier a prop forward which was madness.

pickergill then went full back Ethan too the wing so the core the team how was training completely changed.

then lose prop forward green we already lacked size in the middle all first half defending took its toll in the second half. 

Ethans intercept was nothing wrong with that, foggin johnsons break also pulled back when nothing was wrong. George got done for crossing with a barge over try ?

We was poor today and that's down to on the day changes can't take anything away from fev who was on fire today.

has for hewer the mans a joke he does not have a clue that's for both teams.

Didnt Foggin Johnson score your equalising try against us at Odsal? Hardly a replacement. However you are probably correct in everything you say because every time Fev beat a rival its obvious they had an off day or had too many replacements.You cant brag that you have the biggest squad in the championship and then start calling them replacements.

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Now.... I've had a quick trawl through posts after the first game of the season. I cant find your comments re the referees performance that day..... maybe i missed it,?

Maybe it didn't matter that day because they won  ?

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Now.... I've had a quick trawl through posts after the first game of the season. I cant find your comments re the referees performance that day..... maybe i missed it,?

I said chizzys wasn't a try that opening game at odsal. And my first comment about the ref was he was bad for both teams would you not agree?

2 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Didnt Foggin Johnson score your equalising try against us at Odsal? Hardly a replacement. However you are probably correct in everything you say because every time Fev beat a rival its obvious they had an off day or had too many replacements.You cant brag that you have the biggest squad in the championship and then start calling them replacements.

Replacement on the day look back at the 18 man squad we announced Friday to what played today. 

I said originally that I thought you guys was going to hammer us anyway and that I hoped it was another 1 point win for us.

Archived