Haven reaction

townie88

Well, have to say that was possibly the best weve been all season. Defence was brilliant today, well organised. Struggle to pick out one from another for m.o.m fo us. Certainly the hightlight for me was watching hepi getting smashed all over by walker, then walker giving him a little kiss on the deck. Still improvement to be had in attack. We can go into next week with enthusiasm, and maybe get another 2 points.

Basic but very effective rugby.complete,kick,chase and tackle and the result looks after itself. We pinned them back and didn't allow them to play. Obviously it's down to them playing so badly(lol)but the fact is you can only play as good as the opposition allows you to. GET IN !

Get efffing in very comprehensive I would call that,1-17 very very well played..them poor old jambos can't take it like it's everyone's fault.Take a bow Mr veivers well done to you also...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Some hard working lads in the pack with a player like Sammut behind them and backs prepared to run hard and also defend and you have a successful team.    Sammut's kicking kept Haven in their own 20-30 zone and kept turning them round.   That is what we have been lacking in the early part of the season, making teams start their attacks in their own 20.  A great win as under-dogs although how anyone could call us that baffles me.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Some hard working lads in the pack with a player like Sammut behind them and backs prepared to run hard and also defend and you have a successful team. Sammut's kicking kept Haven in their own 20-30 zone and kept turning them round. That is what we have been lacking in the early part of the season, making teams start their attacks in their own 20. A great win as under-dogs although how anyone could call us that baffles me.

i agree town simply pushed them back and made them start their sets with their backs to the wall and they had no answer to it. The game plan was obviously to play the game in their half and it worked. UTT!!!!

Who was it with the scrum cap on for haven? He was dreadful, terrified of getting hit. Really pleased for Horton, gets a lot of stick but he was a rock in defence today. Good to have options now with Brett due back soon and Alex signing. But what a signing sammut is turning out to be, if only we'd had him all along we'd be sitting pretty safe right now. Loved the town songs to Declan to sign, he had a chuckle about that.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

great effort from everyone today, and a much quicker play the ball from town so credit to the ref for that also. well done play again like that and 4 more points in next two games.

You beeaauuttyyyy!!!

What a great 80 minute performance from the lads, every single one of them was superb today. Even the Wigan boys eh T123?

Maybe people will also stop having a go at Kurt now he is getting back to fitness and settling into the area.

Bad news about Latu snapping his achilles, poor blokes had no luck at all.

I think they looked ordinary because our defence made them look bad, only Gore and Hepi really had a go for them, but our lads tackled them to death and read most of their plays.

Miller's first try was a real thing of beauty and must be a contender for try of the season. Lewis showed what pace he has, and Jarrod just always knows where to be and what pass to make.

I think square pants was terrified with Lewis, he's realised he ain't fast any more as he was constantly shouting at his centre for cover.

Burns on the other wing has learned from square pants as he was complaining after every tackle.

Their new prop didn't look up to much either, and Newton has found his level.

Our lads in the Bells end were superb today, Dec couldn't help but smile with his chant and I think we have a new popular side hero, just need the boys to come up with a suitable song...

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Well bloody done everyone, that was a fantastic effort from the boys today, a week or so back Dopelands finest were raving about how good they were and which Town players they would take from us and who was ready to jump ship, well dream on you numptys . They where a complete shower of -hite , there fans are a disgrace as well, throwing drink and coins at the Town players is disgraceful.

Really disappointed we did not nil them ( Keith when was the last time Town did that to them at their place?)

Kurt massive well done , Sammut was class, wish we had him earlier, Thornley found his heart!! Moss had his best game, would sign Lewis up that kid has pace to burn, Walker/Sutton took it up well and Callum dumped everything that ran at him, all in all I'm in heaven again :drinks:

4-0

Off the top of my head I would say the December 1993 game but we didn't beat them it was a 0 - 0 draw and they then won 7 - 4 at DP when Oggy was sent off.

EDIT:   Just looked it up and the last time we nilled them at the Rec and beat them was 11th April 1966 and the score was 22 - 0.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Off the top of my head I would say the December 1993 game but we didn't beat them it was a 0 - 0 draw and they then won 7 - 4 at DP when Oggy was sent off.

That's what I thought, but cant think a 20odd points to nil at there's, never mind it didn't happen we can save that for the 

5-0 ;) 

hey excellent performance today by town not one fault try the entire team been talking with a few  fans they cant believe how they can walk over haven and struggle against ###### poor teams and lose aqainst tesms like hunslet batley and dewsbury tiz a crazy world

hey excellent performance today by town not one fault try the entire team been talking with a few  fans they cant believe how they can walk over haven and struggle against ###### poor teams and lose aqainst tesms like hunslet batley and dewsbury tiz a crazy world

Is that a backhanded compliment !!!  didn't struggle against one of the ###### poor teams today eh 

EDIT:   Just looked it up and the last time we nilled them at the Rec and beat them was 11th April 1966 and the score was 22 - 0.

Cheers Keith, god that would have been nice to do but never mind, we don't want to rub it in to much do we !!!

4-0

Cheers Keith, god that would have been nice to do but never mind, we don't want to rub it in to much do we !!!

4-0

I woke up this morning feeling gutted about that try ;) (and with a bad head)

massive performance from all the team........forwards were immense all spent good time on the pitch and totally dominated haven in attack and defence........could have easily had another 4 tries , the score flattered haven.....nice to see the kicks to the wings we ve been waiting for come off , delighted for elliott after the year he had to wait to get back playing.....would have been nice to nil them , but thought their try  was very well worked.......impossible to pick a highlight , but sammuts swallow dive under the sticks at the kells end will long live in the memory , incredible 40/20 first half which led to a try also . yesterday he led a complete performance , well done lads.!!!!

Was it just me or did anyone else think that Sundays crowd looked nowhere near 1750 ? I thought there were more at the challenge cup game a couple of years ago when from what I remember they gave the crowd as 1100, we couldn't believe it.

Was it just me or did anyone else think that Sundays crowd looked nowhere near 1750 ? I thought there were more at the challenge cup game a couple of years ago when from what I remember they gave the crowd as 1100, we couldn't believe it.

You aren't alone mate, we looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

Gotta be some sort of money laundering scam lol.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Kells end three quarters empty. grandstand half empty and plenty of room on open side so 1750 surprised me also, obviously a much bigger ground than it looks???????????????

Archived