Retained ... Released .... Recruited... Rumour and opinion!

the old nine ole

So we're patting ourselves for beating halifax

No wins in 6 games

We lost twice against the bottom team

Come on morrison chose the players,trained the players,picks the players,spends the budget

And it's not his fault??

The buck entirely stops at his doorstep

It's not anybody else's fault

So stop making excuses for him

IT'S HIS BLINKING FAULT FULL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry coolie. I forgot this is the forum so I'll explain. If your side can beat the best one week and lose to the worst another then that's poor and I blame the coach. Hope that's clearer?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol oh NickD :)

I just cannot see how it's not morrisons fault.

And I just can't see things changing with exactly the same approach & ingredients

Were going to change the flour,some of the eggs,we're lacking quality filling in the main departments

So again the cake will rise & fall inconsistently as usual & will become sad & uninteresting however it's dressed up.

All because (and no its not because the lady loves milk tray either ;) the chef don't know how to work the oven.

We're statistically getting worse.

I don't think next season will be as predictable as many posters make out, except for maybe the top couple of teams.

If Leigh do get promoted then there might be a very strong SL club come down, or it might be Salford in free-fall. If Leigh don't get promoted will Mr Beaumont still keep trying or might his enthusiasm wane?

London will continue to improve.

Fev will overspend (again) and flatter to deceive.

Batley will be sound, using their cash carefully but possibly struggling to repeat this year's heroics.

Bradford are in the deep doo-doo. They need new owners with deep pockets ( DrK if Salford drop?) or else they will struggle with a severely weakened squad, and might lose their coach if things get worse.

Halifax might come good again or they may be flat-lining.

Sheffield could well be a basket-case.

Dewsbury, Oldham, Swinton will be on a financial par and it depends who uses their resources most astutely. (I am assuming that Workington and Whitehaven will go down. Perfectly reasonable at the moment but the Sheffield situation may be terminal, of course.)

Toulouse (assuming they are promoted) are not as wealthy long-term as some people seem to believe. They are gambling on getting to SL quickly and if things wobble a little then the resolve of their backers might weaken.

ANO will struggle in the same way that all clubs promoted from C1 do.

So, in my estimation, if we can recruit wisely (and there are/will be plenty of decent signings to be had) and avoid being hustled by agents, sixth place is still a realistic target for next year. It is important that we do as well as we can for this season and increase our player budget accordingly. Who will lead us into next season I don't know, and I don't think anyone else does either.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Only if you say please WR ;)

Wouldn't want to DR with Batley PM - sounds like you are signing most of your squad fillers from us, which would mean they'd end up back in a Rams shirt at some stage.  ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I don't think next season will be as predictable as many posters make out, except for maybe the top couple of teams.

If Leigh do get promoted then there might be a very strong SL club come down, or it might be Salford in free-fall. If Leigh don't get promoted will Mr Beaumont still keep trying or might his enthusiasm wane?

London will continue to improve.

Fev will overspend (again) and flatter to deceive.

Batley will be sound, using their cash carefully but possibly struggling to repeat this year's heroics.

Bradford are in the deep doo-doo. They need new owners with deep pockets ( DrK if Salford drop?) or else they will struggle with a severely weakened squad, and might lose their coach if things get worse.

Halifax might come good again or they may be flat-lining.

Sheffield could well be a basket-case.

Dewsbury, Oldham, Swinton will be on a financial par and it depends who uses their resources most astutely. (I am assuming that Workington and Whitehaven will go down. Perfectly reasonable at the moment but the Sheffield situation may be terminal, of course.)

Toulouse (assuming they are promoted) are not as wealthy long-term as some people seem to believe. They are gambling on getting to SL quickly and if things wobble a little then the resolve of their backers might weaken.

ANO will struggle in the same way that all clubs promoted from C1 do.

So, in my estimation, if we can recruit wisely (and there are/will be plenty of decent signings to be had) and avoid being hustled by agents, sixth place is still a realistic target for next year. It is important that we do as well as we can for this season and increase our player budget accordingly. Who will lead us into next season I don't know, and I don't think anyone else does either.

Can't disagree with any of that

Clubs are not allowed to DR with a club in the same division.

The Club will continue to DR with a team in C1 to replace a reserve team and probably

with an SL team as we will be working with a smaller 1st Team squad than this year.

2017 will be difficult but it is not all Doom and Gloom, as I have mentioned before, we

do have the prospect of increasing income streams from the new facilities to start during

next year.

Now we just need a bit more financial input from our Fan Base to match this (£2 per week each

for Squad-builder membership anyone?).

Alternatively, we could mortgage the future of the club, go full-time and finish in mid-table (with

the best coach in the championship - in his opinion) in a 'dire financial situation' and .......

................ hang on someone's recently tried that.

It would only be a problem when the club has to repay the money!!!!!!

PS Other than JF can't think of anyone else from the Rams taking the short trip to the Dogs.

Clubs are not allowed to DR with a club in the same division.

It'll be OK WR just means we have to be promoted.....

Or you have to be relegated

I wonder which is the most likely :jester:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Aparantly we've signed Alex Brown from Batley???

Oh really

Which one of our trusted scouts sniffed that quality signing out

Was it ray Charles, stevie wonder or Mr magoo

Not a forward looking signing and even the batley fans are unhappy with his recent performance's since returning.

He's quick! A good finisher. Never been impressed with him under high ball though but not a bad signing if true. Actually Coolie Batley fans are all dissapointed he's going if you read there forum. If Morro pulled off the signing of thurston or slater you would still not be happy would you

He's quick! A good finisher. Never been impressed with him under high ball though but not a bad signing if true. Actually Coolie Batley fans are all dissapointed he's going if you read there forum. If Morro pulled off the signing of thurston or slater you would still not be happy would you

On form there aren't many championship wingers as good as Alex and he'll do OK for you if it's true :cry:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On form there aren't many championship wingers as good as Alex and he'll do OK for you if it's true :cry:

Think we're in the market for someone who'll more than just do (ok) for us

Or are we already resigning ourselves to signing mediocre players

Not exactly filling the balloon of hope with any great gusto is it...but batley cast offs have done us good in the past Bryn Powell & Danny maun.. So if he can apply himself to that level,he's got a chance

I'd heard we was attempting to sign on a brown

Mrs brown

As verbal conditioner ;)

Think we're in the market for someone who'll more than just do (ok) for us

Or are we already resigning ourselves to signing mediocre players

Not exactly filling the balloon of hope with any great gusto is it...but batley cast offs have done us good in the past Bryn Powell & Danny maun.. So if he can apply himself to that level,he's got a chance

I'd heard we was attempting to sign on a brown

Mrs brown

As verbal conditioner ;)

To be fair coolie, Morton fields a high ball like a one armed juggler, and he couldn't catch me if I had both legs down the same hole in my trackie bottoms - so it's a like for like swap. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

To be fair coolie, Morton fields a high ball like a one armed juggler, and he couldn't catch me if I had both legs down the same hole in my trackie bottoms - so it's a like for like swap. ;)

Brown looks to be lacking confidence or he just don't want to be at batley.. Few of his personal errors lead to tries last sunday.

I like morton kid does try, yup he shoots out the line like bolt on speed,and we do leak tries down his side.

But they are things a real coach could sort out

Or has modern coaching nothing to do with play style and techniques??

Is more get a band of unfit,untrained individuals

And merely let them loose on the field for 80 minutes

Every Sunday??

Brown looks a shell of his former self.. So what's the problem with him

If kear can't get it out of him

I'm sure morrison can't

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong ;)

Don't visualise Alex Brown coming to us, but would be happy for Slater, Richard of that ilk, to return in some form.

So if Dr K pulls the plug on Salford if the club is relegated, leaving nobody to look after the club, thus forcing its demise and Sheffield fold, that would mean Workington and Whitehaven would remain in our division.

My comments are pure speculation of course, but isn't that case with most correspondents on this forum.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

What other 4 players? Heard your other centre,Hallett do they call him? As signed for somebody else next year.

Graham. Players signed on are Rhodri, Shaun Robinson, Conor Dwyer , Chris Atkin and Jordan Hand and Andy Thornley. All were announced on Swinton website back in June. Robbo slightly earlier. Suspect your right about Macaulay Hallett but not certain

Brown looks to be lacking confidence or he just don't want to be at batley.. Few of his personal errors lead to tries last sunday.

I like morton kid does try, yup he shoots out the line like bolt on speed,and we do leak tries down his side.

But they are things a real coach could sort out

Or has modern coaching nothing to do with play style and techniques??

I do hope that you aren't viewing the coaching in the "good old days" as being a precise science, or are those rose-tinted goggles that you're wearing?

At least none of our current crop has pulled a knife on the coach yet, IIRC!

:onthequiet:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

im not bothered that he is leaving, cost use numerous and numerous try's this season, lad has only 1 game imo and thats going forward, cant defend or catch high balls for peanuts, has done well in past but not at all this season. Imo of course

Sign him up quick

Sounds like he'll fit straight into the team and already familiar with our coaches game play and techniques

Looks he won't even have to train...perfect for us ;)

Is Netherton Ram reading this thread? If you are could you update the retained/released thread please?

im not bothered that he is leaving, cost use numerous and numerous try's this season, lad has only 1 game imo and thats going forward, cant defend or catch high balls for peanuts, has done well in past but not at all this season. Imo of course

And yet he has been good enough to play SL, signed by a top flight RU side, and been responsible for more than one defeat of the Rams. As things stand, a Farrell for Brown swap sounds just fine by me - and of course, if he proves the exception to the rule, and actually improves under GM, I'll be well suited.  ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

And yet he has been good enough to play SL, signed by a top flight RU side, and been responsible for more than one defeat of the Rams. As things stand, a Farrell for Brown swap sounds just fine by me - and of course, if he proves the exception to the rule, and actually improves under GM, I'll be well suited.  ;)

Indeed, scored 4 tries in one match in SL. And yet, when he left, many of us put forward the opinion at the time that he was not even our best winger! I tend to side more with Billy on this occasion. He has seemed less effective this season, and has always been vulnerable defensively and under the high ball. Wherever he ends up, and that includes the possibility of staying at Batley, he will always score tries. That just needs to be balanced against how many he might let in!

Archived