The RFL save London

Not sure how this is anything but a report of what was said and find it difficult as to how someone can abuse a clubs fans because of it.

If anyone is wondering why a Widnes fan posted it I suspect it was because a Widnes fan who had gone to the Quinns game as a neutral reported the pre match announcement on the Widnes message board via his phone.

For what its worth ideally I'd like a London presence in SL.

Good point, would have to agree with you actually.

I don't think I've ever met a real life Widnes fan, but if those on here are representative, I really hope they don't get a franchise.

They're all horrible, bitter, little so and so's.

I have had the misfortune to meet them and trust me you are exactly right! It's the biggest injustice in the world,Widnes getting turned down for SL up to now,and boy don't these bitter people let the world know it! :D

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

I have had the misfortune to meet them and trust me you are exactly right! It's the biggest injustice in the world,Widnes getting turned down for SL up to now,and boy don't these bitter people let the world know it! :D

You should have seen the bile aimed at Workington Town for daring to stay up the year they were pushed down a league. It was ridiculous at the time, the amount of Widnes fans Ive met who just couldnt accept Town staying up over their beloved History heavy team was unbelievable.

To quote David Hughes " Firstly I would like to stress that The Club is not, and never has been, in any financial trouble"

Then what was all the fuss about then?

It's not in financial trouble because he is picking up the tab. Reading the full article he states that this isn't sustainable and without a full strategy for London in place he wouldn't have been prepared to continue to support London RL.

Basically, they are not in trouble, but thy would b had he pulled out.

The problem with Lenegan and his shares should have been sorted months ago when he went past the deadline for selling.

God knows how much it as cost David Hughes not being able to bring in fresh money because of the club shares being tied up, the RFL soon sorted it when he demanded action.

Lenegan's dash for the Wigan club could have cost the London fans their club.

Edited by Doghead

The statement at Quinns last night also refered to a new head coach being announced next week.

Shaun Edwards was in the Quinns directors box above the east stand last night.

That would be a shrewd appointment, I shouldn't think he was there to pay his respects to the cup winners!

What the club needs is a boost to their supporter base, barely 2000+ home crowd, that was their last game of the season, how can that sustain good quality players being brought in?

The season ticket sales reduces year by year, there is no passion to the home support, the facilites are great but they fail on most of the criteria for SL, youth development within M25 is outstanding, but, I don't think all of the credit for that is down to quinns.

I don't think I've ever met a real life Widnes fan, but if those on here are representative, I really hope they don't get a franchise.

They're all horrible, bitter, little so and so's.

Thanks for that sweeping generalisation.

Yet another thread turned around to a anti widnes - pro widnes slangfest because of a fan of another club!!

I genuinely apologise, I didn't get over exactly what I meant and what I did say was unfair.

Suffice to say, that I have found a higher proportion of objectionable Widnes fans on this board than just about any other club and I have found them to be bitter and petty.

The rest of you are, I'm sure, lovely and I will happily buy any of you a drink next time we meet.

People called Romans they go the house

I genuinely apologise, I didn't get over exactly what I meant and what I did say was unfair.

Suffice to say, that I have found a higher proportion of objectionable Widnes fans on this board than just about any other club and I have found them to be bitter and petty.

The rest of you are, I'm sure, lovely and I will happily buy any of you a drink next time we meet.

I find your anti-Widnes fans comments offensive.

This thread needs to be locked before more innocent people on this fragile planet are offended unnecessarily.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

The statement at Quinns last night also refered to a new head coach being announced next week.

That would be a shrewd appointment, I shouldn't think he was there to pay his respects to the cup winners!

What the club needs is a boost to their supporter base, barely 2000+ home crowd, that was their last game of the season, how can that sustain good quality players being brought in?

The season ticket sales reduces year by year, there is no passion to the home support, the facilites are great but they fail on most of the criteria for SL, youth development within M25 is outstanding, but, I don't think all of the credit for that is down to quinns.

That's been debatated over and over, and it's true.

But they had 3200 according to Sporting Life, and I doubt 1200 Wires fans fancied or made another trip to London, especially with it being a Friday Night game.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Reading David Hughes' statement on the Quin's website there seems to be an apparent contradiction in what he says concerning financial assistance. In the first paragraph he says "....I can categorically state that we have not asked for, and not received a financial bail of any sort." However in the sixth paragraph he says "I am delighted to be able to tell you tonight that the discussions with the RFL have been extremely constructive and positive and whilst difficult at times, we have agreed a partnership approach based on a range of Technical, Physical, Marketing and Financial support to ensure the future of the game in the region." Did he expand on what he meant by "financial support" when he spoke to the supporters last night? It would be interesting to know if he did.

Who do Wasps play today?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

i think the financial support alluded to by david hughes was to do with promotion of RL in london and support for the junior game. Things quins may have been expected to finance previously, the RFL have now agreed to finance.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

absolutely made up for quins, it's about time the rfl took over the mantle of developing the game in the south east from the club. david hughes will turn things around and continue to develop the club.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

On what do you base the statement that season ticket sales are reducing year on year?

This comment based on season ticket sales was based on a conversation with a Quinns RL employee during half time.

Mate, I have nothing against the expansion in London, I praise the youth development.

I just think Quinns is the wrong place for a London SL sucess, It is 500 yards from RU HQ, and too middle class.

There is no passion from the fans.

If only the game of rugby league had more people like David Hughes, it has been totally wrong that IL was allowed to hold on to his majority share of the club, why did not the RFL force him to keep to the ruling that was made that he had to dispose of the shares, in the Barclay's Premiership owners can't own majority shareholding in two clubs and they accept that.

IL clearly wanted too much for too long for his share holding as with all investments they can go up and down and clearly Quins RL have been down, but that seems to have been sorted and is good news.

I still feel the London club has to have LONDON in the name and though I supported the return to The Stoop, but this time it has not worked, we need to break away completely from the Quins association.

Edited by jaybs

This comment based on season ticket sales was based on a conversation with a Quinns RL employee during half time.

Mate, I have nothing against the expansion in London, I praise the youth development.

I just think Quinns is the wrong place for a London SL sucess, It is 500 yards from RU HQ, and too middle class.

There is no passion from the fans.

The reason I queried this is that I seem to remember DH saying that season ticket sales were up this year on last year albeit from a low base. Certainly the form was a lot simpler this year.

Rugby league has got a great opportunity now after the announcement on friday and it is important the RFL takes it. If it can be done in Wrexham it can definitely be done in London.

The problem with Lenegan and his shares should have been sorted months ago when he went past the deadline for selling.

God knows how much it as cost David Hughes not being able to bring in fresh money because of the club shares being tied up, the RFL soon sorted it when he demanded action.

Lenegan's dash for the Wigan club could have cost the London fans their club.

I found an audio interview with Richard Lewis on the BBC Sports website which was put out on 11th February this year presumably by BBC Radio London. It's a general interview about Harlequins but about 3.28 into it he is asked about Ian Lenegan's shares and says it is "not a probelm" and appears to be happy to let him sell his shares when he wants. Richard Lewis must have known how much David Hughes was putting into Quins as a minority shareholder so it seems a strange stance to take. I can't see why the RFL allowed Lenegan to buy Wigan before selling his shares in Quins. As far as I recall it wasn't a case of life or death that Wigan needed a new owner right then but perhaps Wigan fans know otherwise. Anyway from David Hughes' statement it looks as though it has all been sorted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_leag...don/8509461.stm

absolutely made up for quins, it's about time the rfl took over the mantle of developing the game in the south east from the club.

Harlequins/London Skolars have done very little to develop the game in the south over the years, most of the hard work is done by clubs like South London, Hemel, St Albans, Greenwich & West London. The Quins/Skolars like to take players from these clubs and claim the credit for their development - although the Quins have at least done a good job of turning some of them into Super League players.

n1843530936_350_7920764.jpg