Team against London

Therein73

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news coming out of the club about the strength of team we're putting out on Sunday ?

Weather forecast looks fairly dry for the days leading up to game and on the day, so a chance to give a strong team a good, testing run out in decent conditions ????

according to league express this morning Morrison Is hopeful that Ben Reynolds, Scott Hale & Tony Tonks will be ready to face London. IMO I think we should play our strongest side available with the first league game the week after.

So, if all the players in the squad were fit and firing. Who would you pick for the first 17?

Gudczek

Morton

Pryce

Grady

Grant

Sykes

Kain

Tonks

Conroy

Hepworth

Spicer

Trout

L Adamson

Subs

Groat

T Adamson

Z Johnson

Farrell

Leaving out Hale, Reynolds, Brown

Jackson, Crookes, Hemmingway.

If everyone is fit it is a tough task. Been impressed with Trout and Kain pre season. Think trying to fit Brown, Farrell, Hemmingway and Conroy in the same side is too much of a similar thing.

Cant leave Reynolds out for the last friendly .....  And cant ... shouldn't judge without seeing him play!   If he is half as good as I have heard... I would have Reynolds and Kain in the halves ... and Sykes at centre.    Looking forward to the game on Sunday, looking forward to seeing the guys who haven't played yet .... and then lets have some healthy debate about our best 17s!! 

Pryce played very well the last few games of the season last year when is contract was due to be negotiated !!!!!!  but he would be left out for me. When he has played at the back he just cannot grab hold of anyone heading his way, perhaps he should let someone else butter the teacakes.

Farrell in without a doubt. His conviction to the game is evident and not many have got passed his grip, basically if you're in his sights you ain't going any further and that is what stops the opponents scoring! On the flip side of that he can score too. Very handy!

And Crookes has come out of the corner a different player this year, good to watch and well worth including.

Grady never fails to impress and Grant, when on the rare occasion they manage to get the ball out to the wing, like Wales did when he played for them, enough said.

Pryce played very well the last few games of the season last year when is contract was due to be negotiated !!!!!!  but he would be left out for me. When he has played at the back he just cannot grab hold of anyone heading his way, perhaps he should let someone else butter the teacakes.

If you had gone to the Saints game you would have seen Pryce lumber across field to take the winger into touch from a Saints kick to the corner. It was a well timed kick, but Pryce did the right thing, by not going for the ball.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

If you had gone to the Saints game you would have seen Pryce lumber across field to take the winger into touch from a Saints kick to the corner. It was a well timed kick, but Pryce did the right thing, by not going for the ball.

There's one consistent about the big man. He is consistently under rated....would be in my team every time (when fit!)

Sorry NickD

As I said he impressed a couple of games last season end but you need that performance throughout the season. He is capable but needs to put it in every game. Every time they have got passed him and scored we have to do the same at the other end to equal it. Was it Newton who said every action has a reaction ? Well if we don't react we loose. And when we loose we prove that Newton as brilliant as he was, was wrong. Otherwise we wouldn't loose and all games would be a draw.

Just another observation is our kicking game. How many games have we lost due to not converting. I would be the last to volunteer but we do need a good kicker, it is a vital role.

Have a good one Pal.

Sorry NickD

As I said he impressed a couple of games last season end but you need that performance throughout the season. He is capable but needs to put it in every game. Every time they have got passed him and scored we have to do the same at the other end to equal it. Was it Newton who said every action has a reaction ? Well if we don't react we loose. And when we loose we prove that Newton as brilliant as he was, was wrong. Otherwise we wouldn't loose and all games would be a draw.

Just another observation is our kicking game. How many games have we lost due to not converting. I would be the last to volunteer but we do need a good kicker, it is a vital role.

Have a good one Pal.

So every time you lose it's proof that Newton is thick - is that what you're trying to say??

I'm afraid your logic had evaded me - or perhaps it's me being thick.

Or -  more likely  - you being thick.

As Blind Side Johnny will confirm, Newton actually postulated that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction (his third law of motion).

He (Newton, not BSJ) is arguably the second greatest scientist in history - after Einstein.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Sorry NickD

As I said he impressed a couple of games last season end but you need that performance throughout the season. He is capable but needs to put it in every game. Every time they have got passed him and scored we have to do the same at the other end to equal it. Was it Newton who said every action has a reaction ? Well if we don't react we loose. And when we loose we prove that Newton as brilliant as he was, was wrong. Otherwise we wouldn't loose and all games would be a draw.

Have a good one Pal.

Spot on about kicker but not sure our coach has worked this on out as yet.

As Blind Side Johnny will confirm,

He (Newton, not BSJ) is arguably the second greatest scientist in history - after Einstein.

so BSJ is number three then? He'll not be pleased with that! Perhaps when he finishes his theory on holes in the backside of the universe (you know where he's looking as he's there nearly every Sunday) he might climb a rung :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

There's one consistent about the big man. He is consistently under rated....would be in my team every time (when fit!)

+1

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

So every time you lose it's proof that Newton is thick - is that what you're trying to say??

As Blind Side Johnny will confirm, Newton actually postulated that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction (his third law of motion).

Why does everybody bang on about those two ? Nobody ever mentions Maxwell and Tesla, who were hugely underated IMO - bit like Karl Pryce really.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Why does everybody bang on about those two ? Nobody ever mentions Maxwell and Tesla, who were hugely underated IMO - bit like Karl Pryce really.

For starters

Newton:

Theory of gravity, three laws of motion, light/prisms, calculus.

Einstein:

Photoelectric effect of the photon, special theory of relativity & general theory of relativity.

Not just the brilliance of one particular theory, but a range of them.

I don't know where KP fits into scientific discovery, but Newton did say he that if he saw further than any others it was because he stood on the shoulders of giants.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Isn't Wikipedia great :lol:

Really hurtful that piggy - are you suggesting I am nothing more than an internectual ? :rtfm:  Believe it or not science is still one of my major passions - along with rugby and mucky websites.  :tongue:

George Bernard Shaw.

Skool :lol:

I fink I went ther two n did pfisyics n stuff ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 Einstein

2 Newton

3 Grady

4 Farrell

5 Grant

6 Crookes

7 Pryce

8 Pryce

9 Pryce

10 Pryce

11 Pryce

12 Pryce

13 Pryce

14 Pryce

15 Pryce

16 Pryce

17 chap et runs our chip shop

18 Alexander Graham Bell ( I'll ring him and tell him)

Archived