Keegan Hirst on celebrity first dates.

This a wind up?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Pitiful how coming out gay makes you a celebrity.

Why exactly, as distinct from being a sportsman?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sorry to say you must be watching a different Keegan to us, he has to up his game for the rest of the season. Not had bad performances but not up to the standard he has shown he is capable of.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

If you don't like it don't watch it. He can do what he wants outside of the game. He is a long way off being our worst player or performer this season. It's almost like some of you guys will find anything to moan at. We're still in the top 4 and no matter what happens in the next few games the club and players have exceeded everyone's expectations this year.

If you don't like it don't watch it. He can do what he wants outside of the game. He is a long way off being our worst player or performer this season. It's almost like some of you guys will find anything to moan at. We're still in the top 4 and no matter what happens in the next few games the club and players have exceeded everyone's expectations this year.

i agree with that comment but is it affectiing his game? because he has definatly not been firing on all cylinders lately? Imo of course.

One or two have echoed my feelings; he hasn't been his usual effervescent self for 3 or 4 games, he can now be seen exhorting players around him to be making tackles rather than leading in. That's not the Keegan we've appreciated prior. Get him on Celebrity First Tackles. look at the Andy Kain try for Dewsbury e.g. You're right MH in that he's entitled to a life away from the game, but yes, we can moan because we're there paying in, just as we can praise when we're paying in.

you're right MH in that he's entitled to a life away from the game, but yes, we can moan because we're there paying in, just as we can praise when we're paying in.

I'd have to agree with this.

But there are now one or too others who are looking around at other players when they should be bending their backs and getting stuck in.

One noticable occasion on sunday when our winger went in to make a tackle and was grappling with the man and his centre was stood watching a couple of metres away...

The said opponent then broke clear and make 30-40 yards.... a try followed soon after.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Have to agree his performances havent been great lately - I heard he has quit his day job to be a full time 'celebrity', which would explain the TV appearances.

Suppose hes trying to cash in on his fifteen minutes of fame, though im still mystified as to why being gay makes you famous, even if you are a rugby player.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

It appears that he's not the only player carrying injury into a game, but when we're basically on bares bones again it has to be. Lillycrop has more strapping than they carry at Boots, what's that holding in? I know we rely heavily on that 4 prong force of Hirst, Rowe, Brown and Lillycrop, but we can't expect them to be world beaters every week. If they are kept quiet as Featherstone did then we don't get position and movement from the 6,7,9 and 13 men. Looking back to Sunday, we were a little unlucky at 0-8 when Brown just couldn't hold that kick as he was a sure scorer,and that would have brought us to 6-8 and put a different complexion on things, another week it would have gone for us and tails would have been up. Rovers picked a pack specifically for that game, credit to Jon Sharp for that. No other team has matched us up front, not even in games we've lost. The game turned just like the cup game with a purple patch of 12 minutes, other than that, after going behind, AGAIN, our tackling righted itself and upto and after the 4 tries we still did our tackling. They mixed it with us and got Thackeray and Briggs operating. Let's hope that we can keep shape and fitness for 2 more weeks. 

Have to agree his performances havent been great lately - I heard he has quit his day job to be a full time 'celebrity', which would explain the TV appearances.

Suppose hes trying to cash in on his fifteen minutes of fame, though im still mystified as to why being gay makes you famous, even if you are a rugby player.

I am afraid that it appears to be the trend today.

• 2 weeks later...

On itv 9pm tonight. Might tune in. I doubt hes the only gay in the village

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived