Reserves Championship Play-Offs: Dewsbury v Featherstone

andyram

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep excellent performance, really stuck to the task tonight, well marshalled by Seymour Delaney and Hyde.

Didn't see the fight coming, but credit to the ref, he was pretty decisive with three straight reds. Rams kept their heads whilst Fev took a bit longer to regain their composure.

Great crowd of 305 and there was even a queue at the turnstile.

Congratulations to Jonatahn Schofield and all the players, a great achievement.

Real good, hard fought game -- full credit to both teams and the officials -- Not perfect, but fair and took strong decisions following the fracas. Congratulations Schoey & Ryan........ and well played Fev who stuck to the task manfully with only 13.

Is the final next Friday at LSV can someone confirm please ??

No disrespect meant to you and marketram, but a night on the lash with you two buggars must be an absolute hoot. In order not to sidetrack, hijack or derail anymore threads, I intend to take a holiday (the Amalfi coast seen as you ask). Hope you've had a sense of humour transplant by the time I've returned. :bye:

Sense of humour? I have one of them, but you lot get out of control at times, and perhaps my sense of humour is extremely different to yours.

People that comment on this topic and then perhaps leave it, for example till they finish work, don't come back to the original topic and some people have gone on a tangent about something irrelevant.

That's my point (not my sense of humour)

Sense of humour? I have one of them, but you lot get out of control at times, and perhaps my sense of humour is extremely different to yours.

People that comment on this topic and then perhaps leave it, for example till they finish work, don't come back to the original topic and some people have gone on a tangent about something irrelevant.

That's my point (not my sense of humour)

Twas ever thus! Nothing wrong with that though. If there was,the thread would be locked!

Real good, hard fought game -- full credit to both teams and the officials -- Not perfect, but fair and took strong decisions following the fracas. Congratulations Schoey & Ryan........ and well played Fev who stuck to the task manfully with only 13.

Is the final next Friday at LSV can someone confirm please ??

Yes the final is next Friday at LSV,but don't know if its the main pitch or Leigh Miners pitch at the side of the stadium,sure Tom will announce the information when he get it soon.

Really enjoyed the game,it had it all,punch up,good tries,good defence at times. Give massive credit to featherstone who only had 13 players then down to 11 after the sending off of 2 of their players & 1 of ours,pity the main instigator stayed on. Looking forward to the final hopefully I'll be there. Also heard last night that alot of those Fev players are being released at end of season, you never know might see 1 or 2 in a rams shirt next season!!

Just read on Fev forum that they only had 13 players, if true a remarkable effort from their team and surprised that a club like Fev could only raise 13 players.

A lot of our regular reserve team will be playing in the first team against you guys on Sunday (& it wouldn't be a big surprise if one or two from last night's game were in the 17). We have about 15 guys who have been members of our first-team squad this season unavailable for one reason or another at the moment.

Me n my Mrs really enjoyed the game last night and good to say hello to Mr Fisher. I think I gave the kiss of death to Austin especially after his howler in the far corner that Fev retook the lead with. Thought Seymour was the difference and the touch line Kicks from the young Rams player compared to the two misses by Grayston for Fev (who certainly liked to niggle)in the first half. One question: Sometime after the sending's off the Ref stopped the game and sent Crookes out of the dugout because he said he had been sent off? He certainly came off the bench to swing his fists but I didn't see the Ref show him a red card during/after the fight? Does anyone know if he was sent off? And does this mean he could miss a recall to the first team?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

not quite right iggy , the ref was refering to kenga who came out and sat n the stand when he shuld really have been in the dressing room . crooks was not sent off but should control himself better on the bench although he was incensed by fevs england squirting a water bottle at the players .

Me n my Mrs really enjoyed the game last night and good to say hello to Mr Fisher. I think I gave the kiss of death to Austin especially after his howler in the far corner that Fev retook the lead with. Thought Seymour was the difference and the touch line Kicks from the young Rams player compared to the two misses by Grayston for Fev (who certainly liked to niggle)in the first half. One question: Sometime after the sending's off the Ref stopped the game and sent Crookes out of the dugout because he said he had been sent off? He certainly came off the bench to swing his fists but I didn't see the Ref show him a red card during/after the fight? Does anyone know if he was sent off? And does this mean he could miss a recall to the first team?

Don't think it was crookes

It was the player who had been sent off

Btw your Mrs was rather lush last night lol

;)

he was incensed by fevs england squirting a water bottle at the players .

:lol: thanks GFDU, I can understand Crookes retaliation, that stuff is cold and wet :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

That was a good contest last night; it offered good rugby, some tight defensive work, the occasional attacking flair and, sparking from nothing much, a big fight!

I wasn't certain how many were dismissed for sure; I was watching Kenga and his counterpart walking off and then noticed two more Rovers players coming off behind them. Those around me seemed puzzled too. I noticed "Reg Gasnier" didn't take kindly to criticism of Jordan Grayston's actions in the bust-up. He was heard to say that the lad can do nothing wrong in his eyes.

Didn't think Dewsbury were allowed to play their normal game with Featherstone matching their opponents throughout the game. Five tries apiece shows the closeness of the match. Seymour looked to control the game before he went off and again, on his return.

Congratulations on reaching the final and credit to the coaches on the way the reserves have played this season.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Good to meet you as well pal. The referee was referring to José Kenga who after getting changed returned to sit on the bench.tbh Crookes could have been sent off & would have been if it wasn't

Perhaps they should have made it into the first team?

It will a folly we will regret in the long run

Not having some of these players step up next season and losing them then to other team's

The second team success has for me outshone the first team this season

Playing open entertaining rugby and effectively gaining positive results

Unlike ;)

It will a folly we will regret in the long run

Not having some of these players step up next season and losing them then to other team's

The second team success has for me outshone the first team this season

Playing open entertaining rugby and effectively gaining positive results

Unlike ;)

Couldn't agree more Coolie.. Been to most home games and the style of rugby as always been easier on the eye than the first team games.

Will go on Friday if they aren't charging the earth.

Archived