The Photography Thread

Great photos Jon, I took plenty but none as good as those.

I got very lucky by being in row 3, having two guys in front who disappeared for long stretches and having my 300mm lens with me on the off chance.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

We were 8 rows from the front, right near the corner flag where Gardner knocked on scoring the try, unfortunately we had plenty of people moving about so we took what we could and see what came out ok. I did have a try with some of the manual settings, due to the sun/shade problems we were having big probs with photos being too dark.

I got very lucky by being in row 3, having two guys in front who disappeared for long stretches and having my 300mm lens with me on the off chance.

They must have been Union fans, more used to being in the bar and not there to watch the sport :P

what's the beef with it then ECT?

I'm only joking really. I've used a D80 before. It's pretty good for average stuff but I tried using one to take action once and it wasn't up to it. Very unresponsive. May have been the lens, I'm not sure. The Canon equivalent should be no better in theory because they're pretty much the same but in my experience it is.

I've noticed the ginger one off here has suddenly put in an appearance on a certain other photography forum I frequent - stop stalking me with your big lens!!! :unsure:

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

I've noticed the ginger one off here has suddenly put in an appearance on a certain other photography forum I frequent - stop stalking me with your big lens!!! :unsure:

It's quite fun over there and I have managed to have a dig at union already. :P

I just felt I needed another forum in my life. :ph34r:

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It's quite fun over there and I have managed to have a dig at union already. :P

So have I!!! :lol:

Linky

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

The bridge in Cas from Kevin McClouds big project - linking the town to Duck Island

DSC06711.jpg

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

And 1 from a steam fair a couple of weeks ago....

DSC06334.jpg

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 more for luck - anybody who's visited Cas will know this building....

DSC06724.jpg

That horizon looks a bit wonkey to me?? :unsure:

Candlestick Chimney

Took the camera to Neath Athletic yesterday for their first ever match actually in Neath. A massive crowd of 265 saw them come off second-best to Bangor City. Found out that shooting soccer is hard - and that there's nowt more annoying than a battery going dead - but these are the results ...

2840401184_48d8d47bc9.jpg

2839557905_5bc408a1e2.jpg

2840396072_bc53b8a4e7.jpg

2839556353_a93a2bf6c7.jpg

Full set here

Edited by gingerjon

Great pics GJ

Football IS hard to picture but those are great well done

Took the camera to Neath Athletic yesterday for their first ever match actually in Neath. A massive crowd of 265 saw them come off second-best to Bangor City. Found out that shooting soccer is hard - and that there's nowt more annoying than a battery going dead - but these are the results ...

2840401184_48d8d47bc9.jpg

2839557905_5bc408a1e2.jpg

2840396072_bc53b8a4e7.jpg

2839556353_a93a2bf6c7.jpg

Full set here

the second one is a beaut

diagonals always work well in action pics

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Went to the Southport Air show on Sunday, got some photos on the Vulcan and Eurofighter thing.

The reaction times of the Canon is so much greater than our previous camera.

Will try to upload some pics soon.

Really need to get a grip of the settings.