The Photography Thread

:O:lol: Anything more than subtle and it might be heart attack time. That is actually unbelievable. What about the guy nearest the touchie to the right? Is that a man or a low flying zeppelin? Jesus! Can I pinch that photo? I'd love to keep that on file somewhere for future reference.

Course you can. I wasn't paying the union game much attention, it was afterwards when you look at the photos you see these things. One thing I did notice was that the team in yellow seemed to have swapped shorts before the game - all their big lads has tiny skin tight shorts and all the skinny lads had big flappy shorts.

Thats the great thing about taking photos - sometimes you don't realise whats happening in the background until you see the finished item. Exhibit 1:-

IMG_7873a.jpg

I was trying out my zoom lens, I was behing one goal post and took this photo the length of the field away, hence the appearance, but it turned out to be a great shot :lol:

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Course you can. I wasn't paying the union game much attention, it was afterwards when you look at the photos you see these things.

How did you not notice? It looks like a herd of African elephants have invaded the field.

Exhibit 1:-

IMG_7873a.jpg

I was trying out my zoom lens, I was behing one goal post and took this photo the length of the field away, hence the appearance, but it turned out to be a great shot :lol:

England still one big toilet then. :P

A few London street shots

1. Barbers, Soho

2890164605_c9a1a9cef6.jpg

2. Covent Garden

2891273627_ff0cda031f.jpg

3. Soho

2895754829_9f164e3a8d.jpg

4. Baker Street tube

2919187983_91e1485489.jpg

5. South Bank

2925369278_8f90ea868e.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...
2931691809_0b053ae1d1.jpg

Good grief GJ, it only seems like a couple of months ago he was born ..... :( Talk about time flies.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St. Judes v Thornhill (46-22)

StJudesvThonhill_IMG_0886.jpg

StJudesvThornhill_IMG_0892.jpg

StJudesvThornhill_IMG_0894.jpg

StJudesvThornhill_IMG_0899.jpg

StJudesvThornhill_IMG_0902.jpg

StJudesvThornhill_IMG_0931.jpg

StJudesvThornhill_IMG_0933.jpg

StJudesvThornhill_IMG_0939.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The Chiltern Junior Rugby League kicked off on Saturday, couple from the Hatfield Comets v New Greens Gladiators game -

IMG_9468.JPG

IMG_9536a.jpg

IMG_9574a.jpg

A couple of snaps of last night's unexpected weather...

Running for the train in a snow flurry

2982781606_df13815b03.jpg

Arriving and cowering in Chesham

2982780470_8fbba39389.jpg

Both shots shutter priority, hand-held at 1/15, ISO 400

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Arriving and cowering in Chesham

2982780470_8fbba39389.jpg

Not wanting to blow smoke up your tush, but that is fantastic. The sort of photograph that can be viewed as art.

Just been out for a big walk, took lots of photos, all of them rubbish - unless you count souvenir / memory joggers as being good. I just don't have the eye for what would make a good photo.

Well, having tried to kill this thread with my praise of Gingerjon (very Nighthawks imho that photo), I will endeavour to do some further damage with these.

My wife liked them. I suffer from camera shake. And low self esteem........ :P

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

Not wanting to blow smoke up your tush, but that is fantastic.

If you could avoid blowing smoke up my bottom that would be appreciated. But thanks for your comments!

Some winter rugby union "sportraits" ...

Shurely shome mishtake, action shots.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Here's one I took way back when?

dennisramsdale1.jpg

Shurely shome mishtake, action shots.

I put my comment about the ref in Uninteresting Trivial Facts, which is where I try and contain my union opinions. There was a lot of standing about waiting ... I left well before the end. Some surprisingly good rugby in the first half mind but conditions were terrible. Rugby's a summer game, you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...