Uninteresting Trivial Facts

My cup of tea went cold.  Too busy working trying to get finished so I can log off until Wednesday.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

If ckn were to make 12 more posts on this thread he would take the number of posts to over 6000 and increase his own number of posts to over 16000.

Is it time either him or I got a life?

Edited by bearman

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

If ckn were to make 12 more posts on this thread he would take the number of posts to over 6000 and increase his own number of posts to over 16000.

Is it time either him or I got a life?

I'd need 112... well 111 now.  I wonder how many of those posts are moderation ones...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The correct answer is "too many." HTH ;) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Off work now until 22 April #veryhappy :))

and I'm not a teacher

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Why do trolls suddenly appear, every time spring is near.

Just like fleas, they long to be close to you.

A healthy dose of the troll pesticide is in order on this forum soon I think.

Full piri piri chicken, salad, chips, garlic bread and dips a plenty due to land any time

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I was double charged £450 today.  I checked my online account today and noticed that the "available balance" was £450 lower than I expected, a quick call to the bank told me who it was.  A not so friendly call to the establishment had them deny it at first then say it was an admin error.  The only reason I'm not naming and shaming the company is that they promised a £100 refund as well as the refund of the £450 double charge.  If the £100 isn't credited properly then I'll happily name them.

I was double charged £450 today.  I checked my online account today and noticed that the "available balance" was £450 lower than I expected, a quick call to the bank told me who it was.  A not so friendly call to the establishment had them deny it at first then say it was an admin error.  The only reason I'm not naming and shaming the company is that they promised a £100 refund as well as the refund of the £450 double charge.  If the £100 isn't credited properly then I'll happily name them.

Few nice bottles of whisky?

SKY

SKY

Sorry... you mispronounced it... it's "sigh".  As in "sigh" when you see your latest resurrection banned.

I know this is a decent forum with decent people but I really don't get it why people who have been repeatedly given chances then blow it again keep coming back.  Especially when the nice troll-finder tools are so good it usually only takes a few very innocent posts for them to trigger the alerts.

I know this is a decent forum with decent people but I really don't get it why people who have been repeatedly given chances then blow it again keep coming back.  Especially when the nice troll-finder tools are so good it usually only takes a few very innocent posts for them to trigger the alerts.

Name them, unless the banned user has paid you £100.

Otherwise that just makes you a hypocrite...

;)

Name them, unless the banned user has paid you £100.

Otherwise that just makes you a hypocrite...

;)

Never really been my style naming and shaming...  There are four or five repeat offenders, ranging from generally decent people, who just don't know when to stop, to racist abusive thwaites.  Each of those has probably been banned at least three times and have now exhausted our patience for trying to rehabilitate ex-offenders, they're banned on sight when they trigger the troll-finder tools.

That said, we don't just ban people based on a bit of technology, I have to have extra evidence, it's usually quite easy to find but some people are more clever than others at hiding their tell-tales.

Never really been my style naming and shaming...  There are four or five repeat offenders, ranging from generally decent people, who just don't know when to stop, to racist abusive thwaites.  Each of those has probably been banned at least three times and have now exhausted our patience for trying to rehabilitate ex-offenders, they're banned on sight when they trigger the troll-finder tools.

That said, we don't just ban people based on a bit of technology, I have to have extra evidence, it's usually quite easy to find but some people are more clever than others at hiding their tell-tales.

Sheer double standards!

*shakes head*

:biggrin:

Sheer double standards!

*shakes head*

:biggrin:

:P

One's to do with my responsibilites as a forum administrator and the old rule of "privately discipline, publicly praise".  The other's to do with me as an individual being out of pocket by £450.  I'm not as tolerant as an individual as I am when I have responsibilties to either TRL or in my work to clients.

Not really understanding how IT type things work I have this picture of you sat at your desk wearing a sword that mysteriously glows whenever a Troll appears upon the messages boards.

This sword was gifted to you by the Elves (or maybe John).....

Not really understanding how IT type things work I have this picture of you sat at your desk wearing a sword that mysteriously glows whenever a Troll appears upon the messages boards.

This sword was gifted to you by the Elves (or maybe John).....

Not really, it's more like a subconscious nagging, taunting us to just ban people, a bit like voices in our heads.  "Go on... ban him...  he's a troll and no-one likes him anyway".

Off to Bize Minervois today with my good friend audois.  

We turned up for a charity do where we ate fish, chips and mushy peas at 11.30 on behalf of the Royal British Legion.

The highlight was a discovery in the big barn of the property: a 1914 - 18 vintage, Model T Ford flat bed truck.  Apparently, the US army brought thousands of them over in 1917/18 and then left them when they returned after the conflict had ended.  This particular one was in use until the sixties for bringing in the grape harvest.

Skim through the 'Police Academy' trailer, and the Daz Doorstep Challenge outtakes, and you will see Suzi Perry playing the part of a young Cherie Lunghi in a coffee advert.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I saw the following transaction in my bank account today:

ScreenShot.png

:O

It took me about 5 minutes to remember I bought a computer game during the week called that, the add-on to Diablo.

I saw the following transaction in my bank account today:

ScreenShot.png

:O

It took me about 5 minutes to remember I bought a computer game during the week called that, the add-on to Diablo.

Yes, but you did pay the bill in BLOOD from Yog-SoggothGames.co.hell

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night this week so far around midnight a bird outside starts chirping away.  Either it has insomnia, it hasn't adjusted its timezone during its migration or it's an owl with identity issues.

I have to go into London today and was swearing a bit at the thought of the tube disruptions but it's not going to be that bad.  It was very considerate of the TFL management to put on tube services to cover most of my day's plans from east London to west then south east and back to east again.  Just like taxi drivers though, they seem to have an aversion from going south of the Thames.