Uninteresting Trivial Facts

The town of Baarle - is it Dutch or Belgian? This map should help...  :no2:

365px-Baarle-Nassau_-_Baarle-Hertog-en.s

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The locals must be glad both countries signed up to the Schengen Agreement. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can't find the long ago thread "League in unusual places" so:

In the current (Autumn) issue of Living France magazine (quite unfeasibly smug) there is an article on some fat bloke who makes sausages while sporting a Catalan Dragons t shirt.

Excellent! Is there an online version?

Not yet.  Still seems to be someone doing upholstery in the Gers (ooer!).

I would recommend a gentle perusal in your local branch of Smiths - while of course endeavouring to cover up Rugby Union magazines with copies of Gentleman's Itchings monthly.

My wife got caught doing this at the Eurotunnel branch last month and received a quizical yet satisfying look from the shop assistant.

Not yet. Still seems to be someone doing upholstery in the Gers (ooer!).

I would recommend a gentle perusal in your local branch of Smiths - while of course endeavouring to cover up Rugby Union magazines with copies of Gentleman's Itchings monthly.

My wife got caught doing this at the Eurotunnel branch last month and received a quizical yet satisfying look from the shop assistant.

Actually Tim, there's a version online at iPhone's Newsstand (which I somehow seem to have downloaded for free!) - Mr Saucisse indeed!

Why is it that:

- When someone's first name is Bernard, we stress the first syllable and pronounce it Bernard

- When someone's surname is Bernard, we stress the second syllable and pronounce it Bernard

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I can't find the long ago thread "League in unusual places" so:

In the current (Autumn) issue of Living France magazine (quite unfeasibly smug) there is an article on some fat bloke who makes sausages while sporting a Catalan Dragons t shirt.

Edited by WearyRhino

I'm sitting on the balcony of my room overlooking the Naples Bay and Mount Vesuvius with a nice refreshing glass of wine while finally feeling in the right frame of mind to write some of my book.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It's more relaxing just to colour it in.

;):tongue:

:D  It's taken me seven years to get about a quarter of the way through.  I hope to put in the effort to get at least a few more chapters done in the next two weeks.

Just had my lunch... bruschetta.  Properly done as well.  Not the limp bits of bread with cheap mass-grown tomatoes you get in even the better Italian restaurants in the UK.  A massive plate full for 6 Euros.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

As an aside, the hotel here has gone out of its way to promote the benefits of being in the EU.  They give a briefing to everyone from an EU country reminding them to take their passports to many of the heritage sites and attractions around the area as EU citizens get free entry, they then ask if everyone has EHIC cards and what the process is if you need any free medical treatment.

As an author? Is it Mills & Boon?

;)

:D  I go on holiday and they miss me so much that they send me an offer of permanent employment.

So just the NHS to sort out, nothing compared to moderating the cross code forums.

Congratulations.

I actually had a job interview on Wednesday and today I got a call inviting me for a face to face interview next week. Must be that time of year