Uninteresting Trivial Facts

You go on holiday and spent it yapping on TRL!!

Only when the wife's asleep and I'm relaxing on the balcony!  Not on here that much compared to a normal day...  Just finished breakfast and off to do some touristy stuff.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

A load of people all dressed in robes have just walked past the office window. Must be one of those quaint local rituals they still indulge in these parts.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

:D  It's taken me seven years to get about a quarter of the way through.  I hope to put in the effort to get at least a few more chapters done in the next two weeks.

Just had my lunch... bruschetta.  Properly done as well.  Not the limp bits of bread with cheap mass-grown tomatoes you get in even the better Italian restaurants in the UK.  A massive plate full for 6 Euros.

I lived there for three years, and never had a bad meal out!

There's an article in today's local paper saying that there is a concentration of passport irregularities in the Clayton area of Bradford.

This afternoon, the Police helicopter has been hovering over our street. Must be a Scots family living on it.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On my flight this morning, I'm on tour with my band, there was a young american woman who was so big that just walking down the aircraft was such an exertion that she was dripping with sweat by the time she got to row 6.  I dread to think what state she was in by the time she got to her seat.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

On my flight this morning, I'm on tour with my band, there was a young american woman who was so big that just walking down the aircraft was such an exertion that she was dripping with sweat by the time she got to row 6.  I dread to think what state she was in by the time she got to her seat.

"seat" singular?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"seat" singular?

I have no fear of flying, which is good as I am on tour, with my band.  But I am regularly filled with dread when I see a fatty waddling down the centre aisle, and it's the nearest to praying that I've come in my life hoping that they won't be placed next to, or spilling into my seat.

I have to credit one particular airline who appear to have an excellent contingency in play.  The steward/stewardess spots a fatty, and immediately asks their seat number, and repeats it loudly so that their colleague can move any adjacent person to the exit seats (usually empty as they cost more) before fatty lands.  When it's full though it can't be nice.  It's an excellent strategy, the fatty doesn't benefit but others do not suffer.

Extra legroom isn't where it's at, it should be extra width.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

I have no fear of flying, which is good as I am on tour, with my band.  But I am regularly filled with dread when I see a fatty waddling down the centre aisle, and it's the nearest to praying that I've come in my life hoping that they won't be placed next to, or spilling into my seat.

I have to credit one particular airline who appear to have an excellent contingency in play.  The steward/stewardess spots a fatty, and immediately asks their seat number, and repeats it loudly so that their colleague can move any adjacent person to the exit seats (usually empty as they cost more) before fatty lands.  When it's full though it can't be nice.  It's an excellent strategy, the fatty doesn't benefit but others do not suffer.

Extra legroom isn't where it's at, it should be extra width.

If you've ever Googled the portmanteau term 'Wal-Martians', there are a lot of Americans you'd rather not sit next to. Thankfully, they tend not to be the international traveller type.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson