What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Rega Exact, so still on MM rather than MC. However, the smaller fine-line stylus is a good improvement and it all sounds much better. 

The turntable's had a few upgrades over the last couple of years too, with new bearing, subplatter, platter, mat and isolation feet. I haven't done anything to the tonearm yet, as rewiring looks a fiddly job.

Just installed the Origin Live counterweight stub structural modification. Not a lot left of the original turntable now, but by golly it sounds superb!

First up on the platter, Frank Zappa - The Grand Wazoo.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent are you still using the original sub platter.

Nope, I have the Isokinetic upgrade with ceramic bearing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Futtocks has never been hip! :P

And, just to prove it, this is one of the things I was listening to last night. :P

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

One for the guitar nuts out there, a track from the album I was playing last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HCwS3FxshLk

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I went to watch my son play on Saturday (Junk Dealers ... I've posted the link previously) .

One of the other bands on the bill was Negative Panda from Cleckheaton. They have a young drummer who is class.

https://soundcloud.com/negative-panda/you-wont-get-to-me-negative

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Quite peculiar, this one; someone's set 'The Rising Sun' by the Nits to an episode of 'Moebius'.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Classic psychedelic power trio sound, but with the pop nous to keep the songs and solos short and sweet.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of rock'n'roll's genuine eccentrics, Hasil Adkins.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just arrived in the post, 'Andy & his Grandmother' by the very strange comedy icon Andy Kaufman. Genuinely don't know what to expect from this...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You know, considering his immense success, you don't see many people covering Elton John songs. Kate Bush, on the other hand, had other ideas.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Leslie West - Theme from an imaginary Western.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Eminem - Without me (Ragtime remix) :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson