What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Playing a " Sue " label compilation CD at the moment. - " Mockingbird " - Charlie and Inez Foxx, " That's How Heartaches Are Made " - Baby Washington, " Watch Your Step " - Bobby Parker.

mockingbird and watch your step, great songs.

It's called " The UK Sue Label Story ".

Loads of great songs on it - " Daddy Rollin' Stone " - Derek Martin, " A Little Piece Of Leather " - Donnie Elbert,  " You Can't Sit Down " - Phil Upchurch Combo, " I Done Woke Up " - Lousiana Red, " Let's Stick Together " - Wilbert Harrison, " Too Many Drivers " - Lowell Fulson  etc

Well worth a listen.

I have to say since I started looking at this thread I've been from one of it to the other - I've found some new things, some not so new, some things I'd forgotten, and I've added to lists and collections fantastically so, many thanks one and all.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just now, Oxford said:

I have to say since I started looking at this thread I've been from one of it to the other - I've found some new things, some not so new, some things I'd forgotten, and I've added to lists and collections fantastically so, many thanks one and all.

Me too, those tracks you played the other day were mainly new to me.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too, those tracks you played the other day were mainly new to me.

It is interesting how different the experience this is from the RL forum where we're all a bit too bust pushing our agenda to remember the important thing about why we're here in the first place.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Ooh, an alternative mix of 'The Phoenix'!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

30 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Flock of seagulls 

1640348_1.jpg

Couldn't resist it, sorry. :D 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

51 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Nice, not many people have the voice to follow Sam Cooke on that one but that's a great version.

If you like modern black and white film try " Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow " by the truly gorgeous Leslie Grace on YouTube.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces