paley

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Don’t worry Desmond Dekker.

Best band I’ve ever seen. Life’s just better with these guys in it. 

Edited by Johnoco
  • Like 1

Courtesy of my annual exposure to what 'da kids' have been listening to via the Christmas Day Top of the Pops, I have discovered Freya Ridings. Never heard of her until now, but the song she performed on the show was rather lovely (see below) so I downloaded the album it appears on, and that's also rather lovely too.

Bring back TOTP I say!! Who knows what other musical treats I may be missing!! 😁

• Like 2

Argus.....again

New England

The hoople

Wildlife

And with no apologies..... sunburst finish.

Just been talking to someone from my youth.... memories evoked....nostagia....fondness.....

An no.... she wouldn't go out wi me!!!😄

It’s impossible to go out at night in Maspalomas/Playa del Ingles and not hear certain songs, namely Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits, Feliz Navadad - Boney M. but most of all this

• Like 1

Two more heard at ever bar in town

Losing my Religion - REM and this by Simon and Garfunkel which so reminds me of my courting days (do people still court) with the now Mrs Moose in Parker’s Wine Bar, Leeds. It was played acoustically by a group of schoolteachers who gigged there a couple of nights a week

• Like 1

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing and meeting this wonderful guitarist at the Irish Centre, Leeds when he was in the UK with The Magic Band - Gary Lucas ex Captain Beefhearts Magic Band playing a Beefheart number, Sure enough, Yes I Do

Regret missing this tour and sadly couldn't get my work colleagues to dance round the office with me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Regret missing this tour and sadly couldn't get my work colleagues to dance round the office with me.

Great entertainment. The musicians all look like they were genuinely having great fun.