game off

Robin  Evans

Heppy, we wanted to play, you knocked it back.End of.

Ref: looks dangerous to me, what do you think lads.

Home coach: I dont mind risking my lads.

Away coach: I would love a game but, my lads have families and jobs to think about, its just not worth the risk.

Ref: Thanks for your input lads, but its my call and for me it is clearly unsafe. So game off.

If this is anywhere near the scenario you suggest, KOL then I think your doing your coach a disservice. And as the ref has the final call, Im sure if the pitch were acceptable to him then the game would have been on.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and that PSF, is what I would suggest is more or less it!!! A risk assessment was made and whatever the "facts" are, the game wasn't played. I'm not surprised either and I would much sooner play it another day than risk injuries on a near frozen pitch.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Anyway......... as Terry asked, anyone know when its rearranged for?

Maybe we should play it Wednesday, they are playing Leeds Tuesday and should be a bit tired so we may stand a chance :O

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Anyway......... as Terry asked, anyone know when its rearranged for?

Maybe we should play it Wednesday, they are playing Leeds Tuesday and should be a bit tired so we may stand a chance :O

Leeds United are playing Spurs on wednesday, so traffic around the ground would be a nightmare.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

both clubs may even play thier 3 other games before re-arranging it.if it then turns out to be a "dead-rubber" they may not even play it!..(sure it happened last season with someone...they just ended up not bothering as any kind of result made no differnnce whatsoever to table outcomes etc)

i've a feeling the fev wakefield game will get called off as its only free wednesday for next few week as leeds utd are at home every wednesday in february except that one

We don't have a serious game for nearly six months and now can't fit them all in. No wonder we find it difficult to find new supporters to turn out each week! It all gets very confusing.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

and that PSF, is what I would suggest is more or less it!!! A risk assessment was made and whatever the "facts" are, the game wasn't played. I'm not surprised either and I would much sooner play it another day than risk injuries on a near frozen pitch.

Just as a side not to this debate, i've just walked from 9 am to 5 pm in glorious sunshine through animal fields with thick grass on top (work not pleasure Lorne lol) and even with the sun the soil was still totally rock hard frozen at the end of the day, i'm not suprised they cancelled it..... it was the right decision

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

7th is the Challenge Cup so we should be playing an amateur side. Presume the thinking is that we should be able to rest a few players, particularly in the forwards given the strength of the squad. We'll also know if the Hunslet game means anything in terms of the group.

Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

7th is the Challenge Cup so we should be playing an amateur side. Presume the thinking is that we should be able to rest a few players, particularly in the forwards given the strength of the squad. We'll also know if the Hunslet game means anything in terms of the group.

ahhh thought as much.i can see the logic behind it now.we have enough qaulity now to take care of amateurs 3 days later and rest some of the lads.all 3 other group games will have been played (or should have, as he looks at the SNOW thro the window!).

i touched on this on another post.it could turn out to be a "dead rubber"..so send the u21s or dont play at all :D

Just as a side not to this debate, i've just walked from 9 am to 5 pm in glorious sunshine through animal fields with thick grass on top (work not pleasure Lorne lol) and even with the sun the soil was still totally rock hard frozen at the end of the day, i'm not suprised they cancelled it..... it was the right decision

Just wondering Paul, given the job that you do. How is walking through animal fields with thick grass on top part of your job description. :D

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Got info from Ponte & Cas!

New date for Hunslet-Rovers match

FEATHERSTONE'S Northern Rail Cup game against Hunslet Hawks at South Leeds Stadium has been re-arranged for Thursday, March 4 (8pm).

The match was postponed last weekend because of a frozen pitch.

Rovers coach Daryl Powell said: "It's on the Thursday before we play in the Challenge Cup.

"The only other date that was available to us was next week and I didn't want to play the Hunslet game in between the Sheffield and Leigh matches which are going to be really challenging fixtures for us."

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

so, that'll be paul march n david march on the 4th of march. let's hope we can tan the ides off march.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Robin! Robin!.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

Et Tu Brutus

if you've seen the size of Robin you'll know he et more than tu.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif