Food and drink thread

Tried tapenade yet?

Not yet, but I'm after something more exotic/unusual/different. I've had similar variations, but it seems like an excellent meal idea, rather than a new culinary experience.

I might plump for lobster or ostrich, but the latter would go against my red meat amnesty! I think a sea food direction is in order.

Not yet, but I'm after something more exotic/unusual/different. I've had similar variations, but it seems like an excellent meal idea, rather than a new culinary experience.

I might plump for lobster or ostrich, but the latter would go against my red meat amnesty! I think a sea food direction is in order.

Find a good Japanese restaurant if you want try unusual seafood.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Since the sad demise of Oriental City, I still have my local branch of Wing Yip to fall back on. If any of the branches listed here are within reach of where you are, you'll have plenty of exotic food to try for months to come.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I got 3 pairs from a fishmonger in Halifax.

I shall have some for my tea.

I know you're all waiting with baited breath...

3 pairs of what?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Find a good Japanese restaurant if you want try unusual seafood.

Or go to Chinatown in New York - some of the shops have buckets outside full of nameless denizens of the deep squirming away and often trying to escape across the pavement.

Good grief. I feel ill. :O

Don't watch the film 'Old Boy', then. Or the 'Outer Boroughs' episode of 'No Reservations'. Trust me on this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I

am

AWESOME!

My one pot wonders are pretty damn good. I could only find recipes for variations of fried frogs legs. So I bunged them in a dish together with some veg stock, many various spices and seasonings, button mushrooms, roast tomatoes and popped it in the oven for 20 minutes. Bish bash bosh. Badabing badaboom. Nice.

Oh and they taste like chickeny cod, or coddy chicken. Nice, but hardly spectacular.

That is what I expected from views on here and elsewhere, but I wasn't disappointed. I've saved one pair for my lunch tomorrow!

Phew, at least I can let it be 'til September now.

Get thi sen to Pusan, South Korea and have baby octopus.

They're alive when you eat them.

I had a starter of baby squid in a garlic and squid ink sauce recently on a trip to Valencia, they were most defintely dead, but absolutely delicious. They were served on a next of crispy shredded potatoes. Possibly the weirdest looking fish and chips I have encountered.

Get thi sen to Pusan, South Korea and have baby octopus.

They're alive when you eat them.

I've been to Pusan. I wasn't offered live octopus, but I was offered live prawns, as part of a huge raw fish dinner. The fish was served on a block of ice. The prawns were brought it later in the meal, and I could see that they were raw, I then noticed that they were still moving :(

It was all served with the usual Korean accompaniments - raw garlic, hot sauce and the mandatory kimchi.

My favourite Korean meal is the meat barbecued at the table - is it bulgagi? Whatever - I've been to S. Korea twice and had it several times on both occasions.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I've been to Pusan. I wasn't offered live octopus, but I was offered live prawns, as part of a huge raw fish dinner. The My favourite Korean meal is the meat barbecued at the table - is it bulgagi? Whatever - I've been to S. Korea twice and had it several times on both occasions.

Beef Bulgogi recipe - pretty simple, but tasty.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Frogs legs.

Good lad - how were they?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Good grief. I feel ill. :O

you should try watching 'Man v Food on the food channels 249 and 250

It's the epicenter of all that is a disgrace about american culture

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I had a starter of baby squid in a garlic and squid ink sauce recently on a trip to Valencia, they were most defintely dead, but absolutely delicious. They were served on a next of crispy shredded potatoes. Possibly the weirdest looking fish and chips I have encountered.

I'm not a fan of seafood generally. I have eaten squid (fresh, but definitely dead) but to me, it was like a mouthful of salty elastic bands. :(

I'm not a fan of seafood generally. I have eaten squid (fresh, but definitely dead) but to me, it was like a mouthful of salty elastic bands. :(

When not cooked correctly that's what you get, but these baby squid were melt in the mouth and the garlic/ink sauce was delicious.

When not cooked correctly that's what you get, but these baby squid were melt in the mouth and the garlic/ink sauce was delicious.

With squid and octopus, you either cook them really fast or really slow. Anything in between and you get the rubber effect.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm not keen on crustaceans, in fact I avoid them if I can. I like mussels (moules & frites - delish)

And I enjoy spaghetti vongole (clams) I've eaten squid but I agree about the rubbery texture. I once had whelks in a spicey gravy in Ostende off a stall on the prom (a bit like those at Scarboro) - I had to throw them away.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.