Random internet link of the day

It’s Prince Phil’s birthday today. IMDB has a fine way of recognising his talents. 

E34A5C7A-E840-4AF2-96F8-F94697ABED7F.jpeg

IMDB summarises people by their most famous role ? I think he’s been having the good life since way before 1978 though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think some people may be getting extra parade drill practice this week, probably with a very happy drill sergeant who will say lots of nice things to them.  I know that the Guards are a bit "special" but being drill bunnies is 2/3 of their job...  (the other 1/3 is making things shiny).

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

People of a certain age, who found themselves in the vicinity of Oxford Street in London, may remember Stanley Green, better known as 'Protein Man'. He relentlessly marched up and down the road with his placard which read "LESS LUST, BY LESS PROTEIN: MEAT FISH BIRD; EGG CHEESE; PEAS BEANS NUTS. AND SITTING". He would also proclaim his dietary religion in a strange sing-song voice, and exhort passers-by to buy one of his leaflets. I always regretted not buying a leaflet, but found him a bit too disturbing to approach.

Someone did, however, so here is one of his tracts: Eight Passion Proteins, scanned to PDF.

And here's Protein Man.

220px-Stanley_Green,_Oxford_Street,_1977

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you don't enjoy and appreciate this, you may quite possibly be dead inside.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mate,that's the first interesting bit of basketball I've ever seen.☺

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Long thread but worth the read!

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Long thread but worth the read!

One of the "ooo" moments I had years ago was this exercise (I think one of the fine forum members here actually posted it)

1. Look from the left of the room to the right, trying to just use your eyes rather than moving your head.  You'll notice it judder like in the thing you quote.

2. Now, with your arm at full extension,  move your finger left to right across your vision, again following it only with your eye.  You'll notice that you follow it nice and smoothly.

Have I been Pwned?.com

Find out whether your data has been breached from any site. Mine has 9 breaches but most would be just the email with no other details. So that may result in spam and nothing worse. There was apparently big data breach on Myspace back in 2008 but most of my details from back then have changed anyway. Oddly those data didn't surface for sale until 2016. You would think 8-year-old internet data would have lost currency.

I also got breached on Taringa! which I used to love but haven't used in years and years. It was a great site, in Spanish and based in Argentina, I think. For albums and sheet music it was the pirate goldmine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picture without context:

10076992-3x2-700x467.jpg

I'm not sure if the sea lion helps the picture make more sense or not.

I'll put the link to the story in a couple of days.

Possible captions:

- Those wacky Norwegians!

- Smoke after sex? I smoke during.

- Albanian seal hunters introduce Sharia Law

• 2 weeks later...