Random internet link of the day

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opportunity 5000 Mars days into a 90 day mission.  Electronic, electrical and mechanical engineering done right

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

This is how Skynet starts... watch how they treat the robot from about 1 minute 20s in, that information will be stored away for future evidence for the robot uprising.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ckn said:

IMG_3487 (002).jpg

♫ I'm begging of you please don't take my maaaaan ♫

Did you mean "Please don't take my naan"?

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I thought I'd share the pain on this one.  My inner jukebox is stuck on this song and it just WILL NOT go away, thanks to the wife being annoying and playing it earlier:

At least it wasn't as bad as Thursday's courtesy of hearing it on Radio 2:

Maybe I should have stuck this in the 'Cheesy Movies' thread, but why not spread the joy? The Ugandan maniacs from Wakaliwood Studios come up with another utterly deranged trailer.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How do you know a country's living standards have declined? When China starts outsourcing pig-farming to North Carolina because it's cheaper than doing it at home.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-is-china-treating-north-carolina-like-the-developing-world-w517973

• Haha 1

A letter from Carl Sagan to Chuck Berry.

DY1XEU3XUAAzK4P.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Half an hour well spent watching this.  Warning: does contain a couple of seconds of a nude Pete Postlethwaite. 

Here's an interesting question on quora.com:

How would the World be different if America didn't get carved up by New Zealand after WWI?

Nobody has answered it yet. I can't think of an answer bad enough to match the question.

https://www.quora.com/unanswered/How-would-the-world-be-different-if-America-didnt-get-carved-up-by-New-Zealand-after-WWI

43 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Here's an interesting question on quora.com:

How would the World be different if America didn't get carved up by New Zealand after WWI?

Nobody has answered it yet. I can't think of an answer bad enough to match the question.

https://www.quora.com/unanswered/How-would-the-world-be-different-if-America-didnt-get-carved-up-by-New-Zealand-after-WWI

Wow! I never realised that the Kiwis were so evil!

And now they're coming back to Denver to finish the job...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Wow! I never realised that the Kiwis were so evil!

And now they're coming back to Denver to finish the job...

Turns out it's even worse than we realised. Another quora question:

Why did the US not send troops to fight in the Vietnam War? They usually join New Zealand in its international military efforts.

Quora.com

Good question. I know the Yanks let NZ use their airbases when the Kiwis nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki but they didn't help much when NZ invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.