today.

it's difficult to put that performance into any kind of perspective. We were not good and many behind the sticks argued dews deserved more out of the game. Some individuals were not up to the mark today. Tommy saxton once again was a handful but collectively it was possibly our worst performance of the season. Yet we still won! I'll take the 3 points but a fair few aspects of our game need addressing - urgently. Fax won't be as benevolent.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Put simply the best team lost

Out thought, out ran, out tackled for much of the game, we were blowing a gasket at 60 mins, what have they been doing all week in training??

Very harsh at the end to blow up for full time following the 40-20

Michael Coady absolute stinker on the wing, only saxton and briggs can be pleased with todays efforts

DP- If grayshon isnt fit (and it appears that way) i suggest getting him sorted rather than a 20 minute burst never to be seen again for the rest of the game because we look useless when he is off the field

Very very lucky to scrape a victory, major improvements need to be made for fax game

Dewsbury outplayed us in every department. Much the far superior side. Used the wind to their advantage. Our forwards especially Dickens looked out of sorts laying off tackles. Finn was rushed off his game and I dare say only Saxton and Kain looked to have any urgency. Don't take anything away from Dewsbury though they deserved to walk away wiyh the spoils and another minute longer they would have done.

######, the players probably know it too, Hewer and the bald touch judge - ######, only positive is 3 points, out played by a team coached by Warren Jowitt, a coach that puts GHP in Bellamys league.

Cummins Out.

######, the players probably know it too, Hewer and the bald touch judge - ######, only positive is 3 points, out played by a team coached by Warren Jowitt, a coach that puts GHP in Bellamys league.

I thought the touch judge was perhaps a Rams fan but it doesn't take anything away from the Rams performance a much better side.

John Monie once said whoever was in front when the final whistle blows, even if by only a point, is the winner, i tend to agree with him.

how come the best team lost when we scored more points ? . Look at the league table we're at the top, three points clear and we've lost one league game all season, for christ's sake enjoy it, and stop trying to disect every move, pass and team selection.

John Monie once said whoever was in front when the final whistle blows, even if by only a point, is the winner, i tend to agree with him.

how come the best team lost when we scored more points ? . Look at the league table we're at the top, three points clear and we've lost one league game all season, for christ's sake enjoy it, and stop trying to disect every move, pass and team selection.

and fair point Lorne!

The NRC qtr last year?? We lost yet many, including some Barrow fans believed we were the better team. Like I said on t'other thread - I'm fed up with playing well and losing. I'll take 3 points anytime.

Still think dews out enthused us all over the park today tho! Brambani I wouldn't pay in co-op cheques, but he kicked us to death today.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Quote from Jowitt on radio Leeds "We're just sick of having to play against 19 men" lol

We played poor today but we still won and that's what good teams do!!! Big game next against Fax so let's hope for a massive performance! Up the Rovers

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

The best team definately lost today, the Rams played the conditions better than us and had the incentive of a possible shock win again Tommy Saxton stood out from the rest, i really dont rate Coady he may score a few for Leeds but he really looks like he would rather be anywhere else than Fev on a Sunday afternoon. Hewer was shocking he took the Rams back the skinnyest 10 metres i have ever seen and his touch judges were just as guilty, but anyway i`ll take the win and the 3 points.

Behind the mask of a clown lie the fears of a man.

Warren Jowett just said that dews were playing against 19 men,he said the dissalowed try from the kick for offside,was infact,onside(couldnt tell from where i was),and he said finns try was a double movement,i was stood right i front and bostock definateley let go of finn who then planted the ball over the line.

I think we should be worried by the nature of todays game. It was difficult to tell which team was at the top of the table and which one was at the bottom. Yes, I'll take a win no matter how ugly, but Dewsbury deserved to win for their strong running, well organised defence and willingness to throw the ball around - something we failed to do for most of the match.

Thank goodness for a win but we need to identify the frailties and work hard to eradicate them.

Edited by micngill

I am old enough to remember when we won the championship in the seventies. That season we played some terrible matches and were lucky to win. But win we did. Sometimes as has been said many times before take the win. Look forward to next week. So far this season we have risen to the task, I have no doubt we can do it again.

The truth is out there?

Put simply the best team lost

Out thought, out ran, out tackled for much of the game, we were blowing a gasket at 60 mins, what have they been doing all week in training??

Very harsh at the end to blow up for full time following the 40-20

Michael Coady absolute stinker on the wing, only saxton and briggs can be pleased with todays efforts

DP- If grayshon isnt fit (and it appears that way) i suggest getting him sorted rather than a 20 minute burst never to be seen again for the rest of the game because we look useless when he is off the field

Very very lucky to scrape a victory, major improvements need to be made for fax game

100% agree

AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!

sliggster1.gif

I am old enough to remember when we won the championship in the seventies. That season we played some terrible matches and were lucky to win. But win we did. Sometimes as has been said many times before take the win. Look forward to next week. So far this season we have risen to the task, I have no doubt we can do it again.

You are quite right Scotty I remember beating Barrow away in a nerve jangling match 7-5 TO CLAIM THE TITLE. A team riding the crest of the wave needs a good kick up the backside every now and again

A wins a win. We were knocked about a bit at Leigh. Straight into a tough Toulose. The body needs time to recover. We did it because we are the better, fitter team. Well done lads. Time now for a break and time to prepare properly for Halifax who are very beatable.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

A wins a win. We were knocked about a bit at Leigh. Straight into a tough Toulose. The body needs time to recover. We did it because we are the better, fitter team. Well done lads. Time now for a break and time to prepare properly for Halifax who are very beatable.

I don't think any sides are very beatable ala Dewsbury :huh::huh::huh:

Warren Jowett just said that dews were playing against 19 men,he said the dissalowed try from the kick for offside,was infact,onside(couldnt tell from where i was),and he said finns try was a double movement,i was stood right i front and bostock definateley let go of finn who then planted the ball over the line.

Jowett :lol: what a clown!!!

I was bang infront of the Finn incident, not a hand on him when he hit the deck, perfect try, their try was disallowed for a push, and everytime they lost it, it was a penalty, everytime we lost it, knock on, how do you lose the ball when you're perfect still? Hewersbury were lucky with the referee.

Cummins Out.

Jowett :lol: what a clown!!!

I was bang infront of the Finn incident, not a hand on him when he hit the deck, perfect try, their try was disallowed for a push, and everytime they lost it, it was a penalty, everytime we lost it, knock on, how do you lose the ball when you're perfect still? Hewersbury were lucky with the referee.

Yeah we were lucky with the referee. You must have been watching a different game to everyone else ;)

we cant all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by

come on you rams

Hewerstone you mean! funny how you see different things fom different sides.We will have to agree to disagree!But im sure we all agree Hewer is utter crrrrrrrrrrrrap

[quote name='marzy' date='May 30 2010, 07:30 PM' post='2042776'

Yeah we were lu the. referee. You must h been watching a different game to everyone else ;)

cant pick fault with the ref if am honest. Apart from when dewsbury knocked on twice and got head and feed at scrum. Was a really poor game, dewsbury were the better side on the day. But give rovers credit, won at leigh and toulouse last week, looked fatigued today but came away with 3 points.

Yeah we were lucky with the referee. You must have been watching a different game to everyone else ;)

Obviously a different one to the bald touch judge, dont know Dewsbury fans can say they were robbed and keep a straight face.

Cummins Out.

Not our best today, but we all have seen worse. To me it is quite simple, if we had lost, then i would now be having a right rant.

But we won and that is fact, 3 points and Leigh lost too. = 3 points on TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

So keep it going lads, next mission, stuff Fax at their place !!!

Edited by genesis