fev v leigh

frankb

Now on Sky July 8.

If its true, that's terrible news. My brother has arranged to travel from Spain and

I had also arranged for 10 others to travel up from Worcestershire to see this match.

Hopefully I can get my money back for the hire of the mini-bus.

it's killing clubs outside of SL.

We'd have been looking at 2.8-3k for this game if it was on a Sunday. Be lucky to get 2k paying supporters now.

As I understand it the club only get 5k from Sky and that is to cover support for the sky team. We could be losing out on around 15k here. Exposure of the league is one thing, but does this 'exposure' result in any extra finances?? As this is measureable I would be interested to see the outcome. I doubt whether it does. SL clubs get wads for screening their games I believe. All I want is a fair crack o' the whip for the championship clubs. I don't feel that as the arrangement stands at the mo, they do!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

There is nothing on sky sports about it yet but it would make sense, doubt sky will miss out on a big game like this, i'm hoping widnes at home will be moved to thurs at the end of the month!

Not going to happen, Sheffield v Barrow is to be screened 24th June.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

sensible move in my opinion as its world cup final day and when england get there we will all want to party like its 1966

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

it's killing clubs outside of SL.

We'd have been looking at 2.8-3k for this game if it was on a Sunday. Be lucky to get 2k paying supporters now.

As I understand it the club only get 5k from Sky and that is to cover support for the sky team. We could be losing out on around 15k here. Exposure of the league is one thing, but does this 'exposure' result in any extra finances?? As this is measureable I would be interested to see the outcome. I doubt whether it does. SL clubs get wads for screening their games I believe. All I want is a fair crack o' the whip for the championship clubs. I don't feel that as the arrangement stands at the mo, they do!

I agree CC clubs should probably get more funding for being on TV. Do Sky contribute to the

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

dont we attract bigger crowds for midweek games-im sure the crowd v keighley was higher than dewsbury but i may be off the mark here just a thought

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

The change of date is now on the Rovers web-site. I think the club should complain to the RFL since Leigh have an unfair advantage.They have an extra day to prepare (Leigh play Barrow on the previous Saturday and we play Sunday). :D

Would we have got a bigger crowd on a Sunday?

A few weeks ago i would say yes, but now im not so sure. I know the club were very dissapointed with the Dewsbury gate, they were hoping for a good turnout as it was the 1st Sunday game for a good few weeks. We ended up with just under 1700 yet we play toulouse and Keighley on a Thursday and get 2200. Many people work shifts which mean working on a weekend and get days off in the week, also people go away at weekends.

sensible move in my opinion as its world cup final day and when england get there we will all want to party like its 1966

Thas more chance o platting soot, rovers 83.

because thursday night at half past 7 is PRIME TIME viewing sunday at 3 isnt your average viewer on a thursday night watches it because theres not much else on i very much doubt those people would stay in on a sunday to watch the same game

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

As a lot of teams play on sunday the viewing figures would suffer.

The only downside to this is the lateness of the change. Otherwise for me the TV games are great. For everyone who cant make a thursday therell be someone who cant make a sunday. The dewsbury game was poorly supported. I couldnt make some sunday games early in the season swings and roundabouts. Being on TV is only good for the game and the club.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

The only downside to this is the lateness of the change. Otherwise for me the TV games are great. For everyone who cant make a thursday therell be someone who cant make a sunday. The dewsbury game was poorly supported. I couldnt make some sunday games early in the season swings and roundabouts. Being on TV is only good for the game and the club.

Spot on Tex.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Thursday night in theory is a better night to show live championship games however, I would love to see the viewing figures of the live match versus the viewing figures of the Darts, which Sky show concurrently on another channel. I have no evidence but gut feeling tells me that the Darts hammers the Rugby in terms of viewing popularity.

One thing SKY haver done really well is to have enhanced the popularity of Darts and 20/20 Cricket at which we have/are current World Champions.

So folks, if we don't do well in the Football World Cup, we can be satisfied that we are the top of the tree at slogging and fat blokes chucking sticks at some bristle.

Edited by Andrew Vause