Were top on 37 Points

daz

Looking at the League Table last year we finished on 37 points the same as we have now with 7 games to go. Halifax topped the table on 44 points, So all in all we are well on track to topple 44 points may be even reach 50

Personnally i think we could win then all

wonder what is the record points is in this league.

we could also lose 3-4 of the seven if Daryl and co were to suddenly bounce out of type and become complacent.

I still think to go a full league season losing only once is a massive ask. I don't think that will happen.

Match at a time for me. All the other top teams have to play each other so as Gaz said last night "something has to given somewhere"!

If we keep adding 3 points to the tally the pressure mounts on t'others! Last nights result was a biggie!!

I'm still absolutely buzzin!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

If we do manage to finish top then it will be the last two games after that we will need to win, look how close we came last year from 6th not one easy game in this League from top to bottom, I think we will be biting our nails one way or another right up to the end of the season.

Looking at the League Table last year we finished on 37 points the same as we have now with 7 games to go. Halifax topped the table on 44 points, So all in all we are well on track to topple 44 points may be even reach 50

Personnally i think we could win then all

wonder what is the record points is in this league.

I can remember making a similar post last year four matches from the end of the season and then whoops.

I'll settle for a win against Widnes and then think about the next one.

Whatever happens now the most important matches come after the main part of the season is finished and for now I'll just watch yesterday's match for the fourth time. :lol:

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

I feel that if we win 5 or our last 7 games that we will be the Minor premiers. I do not see another team capable of going for the rest of the season unbeaten.

What a season this is.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

I feel that if we win 5 or our last 7 games that we will be the Minor premiers. I do not see another team capable of going for the rest of the season unbeaten.

What a season this is.

Hate that title Minor premier if you finish top which you will i think, its league champions.

Hate that title Minor premier if you finish top which you will i think, its league champions.

Quite agree. Can't stand interchange, red zone and field goal as well. Can't think where they all come from.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

To be honest totally disagree with the whole play of system to become Champions. Super League is a joke making it so you can win the whole thing by finishing 8th and being able to win the whole thing from finishing 6th in our league is as bad. For me if you show consistancy by being top of the tree after the league games that is what should make you champions. Clearly it will never happen since the abolishment for promotion and relegation but the championship should have exactly the same format as championship 1. Table toppers are the champions, teams two to six play-off.

I will be proud as punch if we top the pile at the end of the league games.

Cracking season so far. Come on Fev lets finish the job.

Rovers Rovers Rovers! :D :D :D

Edited by BridFlatCapper

To be honest totally disagree with the whole play of system to become Champions. Super League is a joke making it so you can win the whole thing by finishing 8th and being able to win the whole thing from finishing 6th in our league is as bad. For me if you show consistancy by being top of the tree after the league games that is what should make you champions. Clearly it will never happen since the abolishment for promotion and relegation but the championship should have exactly the same format as championship 1. Table toppers are the champions, teams two to six play-off.

I will be proud as punch if we top the pile at the end of the league games.

Cracking season so far. Come on Fev lets finish the job.

Rovers Rovers Rovers! :D :D :D

Agree with you,the league table is the benchmark on how a team performed.

ah dear, common sense. is it a blessing or a curse in this crazy world.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Quite agree. Can't stand interchange, red zone and field goal as well. Can't think where they all come from.

What gets up my nose is "second stanza"used consistently by the great man Stevo. Think he means "second half"

. .
. .
sorry about that. just been trying to zap a bug on my screen
Edited by oldrover

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

What gets up my nose is "second stanza"used consistently by the great man Stevo. Think he means "second half"

gotta say, anything that idiot says gets up my nose. I only ever watch sky games in the pub so it's usually too noisy to hear the stupid inane comments he makes. Thank god for noisy pubs.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Did you get it? :huh:

YES!

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

Stanza is a totally inappropriate word to use, as it relates to a section of a poem.

The thing that really gets me is when Hemmings doesn't use units to quatify situations. "That's his first try in seven". "There's eight left", and the immortal "He's gone for the one". Eddie you're from Warrington, not from Woolongong.

Just to stick to the thread, should we beat Leigh and Barrow at home we would need to win two other games to virtually make sure.

The main problem though now, is you can have a fantastic league season and be left with nowt at the end of it.

Play offs are great when your're fifth and sixth, a la us last year, but they suck when you win a prizeless league, because you're on a hiding to nothing, win the play off final and you were expected to win it, lose it, you usually lose it to a team who have come up short over the season until that one game. Thankfully In RL rather than in soccer most of the play off winners if I rememeber rightly, were winners of the league anyway, I may be wrong but that seems the case anyway. Let's hope that if we win the league the trend will stay the same.

I wonder what we were all saying about the playoffs back in 1998 when we came from 5th......... ;)

i,for one, didn't agree with it.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

As Andrew says Stanza is part of poetic verse, but I also understand it is a type of wind, which would be appropriate for the sky commentators I believe. I once owned a Nissan Stanza, it was a good car until I had to sub it.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.