Thierry Alibert

Well done to that man from the Tarn. Was in the middle for one of the modern day epics at Warrington. Nothing untowards to report from the serious press. Radio Merseyside suitably impressed.

Not long since Alibert was derided by some but now gets one of the biggest games of the season. Good on the RFL also for having the courage of their convictions on giving this ago.

Ditto Mohamed Drizza Thursday at the Shay following behind. Some reputable posters on here also suitable impressed too. Allez le Treize!

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Well done to that man from the Tarn. Was in the middle for one of the modern day epics at Warrington. Nothing untowards to report from the serious press. Radio Merseyside suitably impressed.

Not long since Alibert was derided by some but now gets one of the biggest games of the season. Good on the RFL also for having the courage of their convictions on giving this ago.

Ditto Mohamed Drizza Thursday at the Shay following behind. Some reputable posters on here also suitable impressed too. Allez le Treize!

Agree both were spot and I would like to see them at Odsal more.

Yesterday we had a referee who was hell bent on destroying the game with a 30+ penalty count.

The only thing that let Alibert down was that he should of sent James Graham to the sin bin for his outburst towards him! Graham seems to be getting away with it far too often.

Maybe Ailbert didnt understand him!!

Of course there was the kerfuffle about going to the VR for something he couldn't check but that apart I thought Terry was okay. He is not alone in standing for the Saints chelp. I think it would help refs a lot if tantrums like that on saturday were reviewed in the same way as foul play. Graham ought to kop a fine and a warning about a ban next time for that sort of ****. It does more harm to the game than a swinging arm etc.

I agree about the guy who did Fax/Widnes as well. I would be happy to see him get a few SL games next year.

Completely agree I thought he was excellent, let the play flow and also got the big decisions right. My gripe with SL is the unnessesary and overuse of the video ref and I love the way this bloke has the balls to make his own decisions. Bloody brilliant.

I agree, but I'll bet you 10 Euro that the Aussies won't have him for the internationals...no matter how good we think he is.

Agree both were spot and I would like to see them at Odsal more.

Yesterday we had a referee who was hell bent on destroying the game with a 30+ penalty count.

How about the players spoiling the game by transgressing the rules all the time?

Drizza is the best ref we have had in the CC this season. He is consistant with his calls which is all you can ask for from a ref. Wasnt helped much by his tj's against Widnes.

Of course there was the kerfuffle about going to the VR for something he couldn't check but that apart I thought Terry was okay. He is not alone in standing for the Saints chelp. I think it would help refs a lot if tantrums like that on saturday were reviewed in the same way as foul play. Graham ought to kop a fine and a warning about a ban next time for that sort of ****. It does more harm to the game than a swinging arm etc.

I agree about the guy who did Fax/Widnes as well. I would be happy to see him get a few SL games next year.

St helens were an absolute disgrace, graham,pryce,wellens all moaning like babies throughout the game. Graham should have walked, simple as that. One of his tirades was that long it was hard to tell how many swearwords were in there, but when he told alibert to "fu**in move" he had to go. Leeds will need a strong ref on saturday because saints will have 13 of their own.

St helens were an absolute disgrace, graham,pryce,wellens all moaning like babies throughout the game. Graham should have walked, simple as that. One of his tirades was that long it was hard to tell how many swearwords were in there, but when he told alibert to "fu**in move" he had to go. Leeds will need a strong ref on saturday because saints will have 17 of their own.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Only flaw is not making Graham take an early bath for his outburst.

I hope he RFL show some spine and make an example of Graham that abusing the referee is simply not acceptable.

Typically they wont do a thing.

Only flaw is not making Graham take an early bath for his outburst.

I hope he RFL show some spine and make an example of Graham that abusing the referee is simply not acceptable.

Typically they wont do a thing.

It's things like that that make the amateur refs' job so hard, kids and impressionable adult players watch the telly and see the pro players get away with it so think it's acceptable when they take the field themselves.

Needs to be stamped on hard at the top end.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

St helens were an absolute disgrace, graham,pryce,wellens all moaning like babies throughout the game. Graham should have walked, simple as that. One of his tirades was that long it was hard to tell how many swearwords were in there, but when he told alibert to "fu**in move" he had to go. Leeds will need a strong ref on saturday because saints will have 13 of their own.

i think its now accepted that Saints are the biggest moaners in Super League. some Saints players need to made an example of, then perhaps the message would get into the Saints players heads that the ref runs the game not them.

It's things like that that make the amateur refs' job so hard, kids and impressionable adult players watch the telly and see the pro players get away with it so think it's acceptable when they take the field themselves.

Needs to be stamped on hard at the top end.

Agreed - ten out of ten to Ben Thaler (never thought I'd say that!) for sending off a Salford player for abuse.

Back on topic. It's good to see the RFL/SLE giving the French refs some experience at the top end of the domestic game. We now need the Aussies to do something similar with Kiwi refs in the NRL. Even if we have two refs each from France and NZ with top flight club games under their belt then we at least have a panel of international refs which means we should never have to witness another international game where the ref is from one of the competing countries. I won't hold my breath though.

rldfsignature.jpg