Manly and Australian legend Steve Menzies is leaving Bradford.

Manly and Australian legend Steve Menzies says that he wants to stay in Super League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_leag...ord/8909542.stm

I would hope that Harlequins buy him.

The Londoners have lost prop Louis McCarthy-Scarsbrook (St Helens), half Danny Orr (Castleford) and winger Will Sharp (Hull FC). Former Manly backrower Luke Williamson has retired injured from Quins.

Menzies would be a good temporary fix for Harlequins.

But I fear that Salford have him in their sights.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Unlikely he'll go to Quins, as he's said he wants to stay in Yorkshire if possible to avoid moving!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Manly and Australian legend Steve Menzies says that he wants to stay in Super League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_leag...ord/8909542.stm

I would hope that Harlequins buy him.

The Londoners have lost prop Louis McCarthy-Scarsbrook (St Helens), half Danny Orr (Castleford) and winger Will Sharp (Hull FC). Former Manly backrower Luke Williamson has retired injured from Quins.

Menzies would be a good temporary fix for Harlequins.

But I fear that Salford have him in their sights.

The world's richest man, Carlos Slim Hel

an absolute shambles that we are letting him go. The one true winner left in teh squad, yes hes 37 but he has been the most consistent performer we have had.

That said, I think the big money needs to go on or back line with lynch l'estrange scruton donaldson whitehead langley as a starting pack, im happy with that but we really need a revamped back line. but id still hold on to menzies.

licence for 2012 is looking shaky IMO

an absolute shambles that we are letting him go. The one true winner left in teh squad, yes hes 37 but he has been the most consistent performer we have had.

That said, I think the big money needs to go on or back line with lynch l'estrange scruton donaldson whitehead langley as a starting pack, im happy with that but we really need a revamped back line. but id still hold on to menzies.

licence for 2012 is looking shaky IMO

If Potter has the opportunity to bring in a younger quality NRL player, then Beaver is unfortunately the easy option, no question us Bulls fans would keep him as he has been a stand out player in two poor performing teams. He deserves a GF ring so going with Wire Whinos or Stains could be his best option.

As far as shaky licences go its 2015 that will be the problem, 2012 is not a problem unless the goalposts radically change!

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

As far as shaky licences go its 2015 that will be the problem, 2012 is not a problem unless the goalposts radically change!

You mean by moving those goalposts into a decent stadium?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Maybe he likes it here

Aint that unheard of

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Can't believe we're gonna let him go. We should take age out of the equation and just look on a performance basis whether he's worth another year - and IMO he is!

I had heard that he was heading back to Manly in a coaching role so suprised to hear he's now staying. Will be a shame to see him in Super Legaue but not in a Bulls shirt.

We need some decent signings for next year.

Paleasina does not exactly exite, neither does Meli, Nero has gone and heard Scruton could be on his way back to Leeds ........... we'll be absolutely fine for a 2012 licence, but need to do some work for 2015.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Reading between the lines, I suspect that Menzies has a firm offer from another club.

Clearly, he is also ###### off with Bradford not making a commitment to him. If he didn't want to stay in the UK he would have said so. I suspect that he has no decent offer from Australia. So I think he has been made an offer by another SL club and he is telling Bradford to go stuff themselves.

This rebuff of Menzies by Bradford is surely Mick Potter's decision since he is the confrmed coach for 2011. Potter may not have seen all the good games that Menzies put in during this year. Potter is probably just basing his decision on Menzies' age -- which is really dumb, because Menzies is a renowned fitness fanatic and has not an ounce of fat on his body.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

but he has to spend time in Bradford

And therein lied my flaw

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Reading between the lines, I suspect that Menzies has a firm offer from another club.

Clearly, he is also ###### off with Bradford not making a commitment to him. If he didn't want to stay in the UK he would have said so. I suspect that he he has no decent offer from Australia. So I think he has been made an offer by another SL club and he is telling Bradford to go stuff themselves.

This rebuff of Menzies by Bradford is surely Mick Potter's decision since he is the confrmed coach for 2011. Potter may not have seen all the good games that Menzies put in during this year. Potter is probably just basing his decision on Menzies' age -- which is really dumb, because Menzies is a renowned fitness fanatic and has not an ounce of fat on his body.

No decent offer from Manly, you mean. Beaver is on record as saying that he would play for no other Ocker club.

I doubt Potter wants to release him - not whilst Hall is at the club - but unfortunately, contracts exist and as Menzies is out of his and Hall isn't, the decision has been made for him. With Bradford being quite strong in the back row (and with Elima slated to join) Menzies cap space and quota space could be better utilised by the Bulls in signing a stand-off or centre - although they will have to go some to find a player that offers as much individually as Beaver.

There is also the possibility that Potter has a replacement in mind and that this person is going to commit for three or four years - something Menzies won't be able to do.

I also don't see why he is 'clearly' ###### off - he might well be, but perfect professional that he is, he has thusfar not shown it.

People called Romans they go the house

Far from being "###### off", Menzies has stated that he understands Bradford's need to look at the market and that despite that he would still re-sign for the club if they end up coming back to him and making him an offer for next season - "no grudges" being the exact phrase he uses in the interview he gave to the T & A.

However, i realise that some posters on here don't put much store in what people actually say and would rather prefer to make up something that suits they're own agenda so on that basis - Menzies is currently on strike and refuses to play in any of Bradford's remaining games this season in protest. :rolleyes:

Anyway, off to Saints now, look forward to coming home later to read this thread and finding out that Menzies is now suing the club for constructive dismissal and has outspokenly criticised the Board and Management at Bradford in his post-match interview.