Wakey in bother again......

3. The "below average" Toulouse performance was not a reflection of the playing ability of the team, but rather the poor coaching ability of Gilles Dumas. But their Championship performance is irrelevant anyway. Once they join SL, as you well know, both quality of player ranks and of coach will be bumped up into another stratosphere.

:lol: you really are a comic genius.

Cummins Out.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wakefield wouldn't receive anything. If they are wound up they cease to exist. A new Company would be formed probably "buying" the assets from the liquidator.

Many petitions are presented but dismissed or withdrawn. It is not a guarantee an Order will be made. Clock ticking for Wakefield to amke a deal with Revenue and Customs and stick to it.

Sad to see any company going bust.

Edited by Red Willow

1. Catalans

2. On what basis do you assert that Toulouse has no finances in place?

3. The "below average" Toulouse performance was not a reflection of the playing ability of the team, but rather the poor coaching ability of Gilles Dumas. But their Championship performance is irrelevant anyway. Once they join SL, as you well know, both quality of player ranks and of coach will be bumped up into another stratosphere.

Just a bit tongue in cheek. I was very dissapointed that a Catalans who could travel and compete and who could go far in cup and league have now gone so far backwards. It's been a major blow to SL for me.

As for Toulouse I know you feel when they get in SL they will then get the local sponsorships and investment, I also know you feel there are good players in France who won't play for Toulouse at the moment. But if it is just a matter of putting them in and it will all kick start then fine - but they didn't go in last time and are behind Widnes this time so what's the prob????

Wakefield wouldn't receive anything. If they are wound up they cease to exist. A new Company would be formed probably "buying" the assets from the liquidator.

That's a thought..........

What assets would the "New Company" buy??

Belle Vue has been sold, so are we talking about posts, tackle bags, portakabin, balls, and fax and photocopier from the office??

Oh! That's the solution - if they have flogged Belle Vue they can pay the taxman out of the proceeds surely?

Belle Vue has been sold, so are we talking about posts, tackle bags, portakabin, balls, and fax and photocopier from the office??

Oh! That's the solution - if they have flogged Belle Vue they can pay the taxman out of the proceeds surely?

Or the RFL could throw them a lifeline

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Or the RFL could throw them a lifeline

Would it have a noose on the end?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Contracts, good will, the name, all teh stuff you mention loads of stuff really

Contracts, good will, the name, all teh stuff you mention loads of stuff really

Are you sure? What contracts do Wakefield have that are an asset? How is "goodwill" worth anything, and how is the name worth anything???

If Trinity go under another Trinity will start up and get the name and fans for nothing.

The only real asset the club has or had was the ground. Having lived through the sale of Parkside and studied exactly what went on, it raises questions?

Many petitions are presented but dismissed or withdrawn. It is not a guarantee an Order will be made. Clock ticking for Wakefield to amke a deal with Revenue and Customs and stick to it.

Fair point. Presumably if HMRC put a club into liquidation they might well get less money than if they continued to take the amount owed by instalments.

I agree, and think Wigan, Wire & Saints will be rubbing their hands at the thought of 2,000 travelling Widnes fans rather than a couple of dozen from London or France.

Agreed & to be fair Fev,Fax,Leigh & Barrow would take big numbers away with them also, compared to French or London teams.

Out of curiosity ( not a dig at ) how many do Saders take on average ?

Agreed & to be fair Fev,Fax,Leigh & Barrow would take big numbers away with them also, compared to French or London teams.

Out of curiosity ( not a dig at ) how many do Saders take on average ?

1000 tickets for us tomorrow

How many would Barrow bring, 150?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

When was the previous occasion a winding order was issued against the Wakefield club?

It's incredible to think that Murdoch money was hailed by the likes of Lindsay, and others who supported the acceptance of the deal, as being the saviour of the game in this country.

How many clubs are actually self sufficient and not reliant on directors putting money in? I would guess every SL clubs relies on director support to varying degress, and that the numbers the numbers differ very little from pre SL days.

For the first ever super league playoff game?

Bit of an arrogant assumption to suggest they'd only take 150 for that don't you think? Don't start looking down on teams just because you've made the playoffs.

For the first ever super league playoff game?

Bit of an arrogant assumption to suggest they'd only take 150 for that don't you think? Don't start looking down on teams just because you've made the playoffs.

Compared to some of the ###### you lot come out with, i thought it was a pretty good educated guess

You missed "again" off at the end of play offs

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Compared to some of the ###### you lot come out with, i thought it was a pretty good educated guess

You missed "again" off at the end of play offs

This post made no sense whatsoever. Try again.

Please note: What some of "our lot" (whomever you mean) come out with is completely irrelevant in terms of how accurate your guess is.

Calm down and like I've said, stop being arrogant. Jesus. This game used to have a good spirit about it. Wakefield might be potential rivals down the road - but I wouldn't wish them financial problems, as is the nature of our game compared with some others. You seem to be forgetting this.

This post made no sense whatsoever. Try again.

Please note: What some of "our lot" (whomever you mean) come out with is completely irrelevant in terms of how accurate your guess is.

Calm down and like I've said, stop being arrogant. Jesus. This game used to have a good spirit about it. Wakefield might be potential rivals down the road - but I wouldn't wish them financial problems, as is the nature of our game compared with some others. You seem to be forgetting this.

Dont recall mentioning wakey

I havent wished Wakey anything, they'll sort it out no doubt

A poster predicts widnes will take 2000 to some away games, seems about as sensible as my 150 barrow guess.

As for me being arrogant and pent up, ok :lol:

Well considering we took approx 1800 to Cas & 2000 ish to Saints in this seasons CC then id guesstimate a fair few more than 150. :lol:

You lot taking a 1000 is very good for your club and for the game in general, good effort.

Dont recall mentioning wakey

I havent wished Wakey anything, they'll sort it out no doubt

A poster predicts widnes will take 2000 to some away games, seems about as sensible as my 150 barrow guess.

As for me being arrogant and pent up, ok :lol:

You're showing your ignorance here. We regularly took 2000 to super league games. We're the best supported club in this division, and have a very healthy away following. If we had an away following of 1000 in a super league play offs, people would be asking what went wrong.

You may not have mentioned wakey, but I used that as an example of the rugby league family atmosphere, or what used to be of it. Now we have too many fans who seem to be nasty all the time.

You know absolutely nothing. You've proved it. The precedents have been set in almost all of what you've said, you've been proved wrong by history.

You know absolutely nothing. You've proved it. The precedents have been set in almost all of what you've said, you've been proved wrong by history.

Ok, you aint half a precious lot over there, i can almost feel the love