Salford game

women in r.l

Will the admission prices be the same as the Batley game.

http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/41489/prices-for-austins-testimonial-announced

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

No we don't charge ridiculous warm up match prices. Makesure we all attend this match, Austin deserves it

He certainly does. Incidentally, I'm still waiting for somebody to let me know how I can make a donation to his fund.

While we are on the subject of AB, there was a scurrilous suggestion made by Jamie JB on the "made in Leeds" rugby program last week, that his brother was admitted to the casualty department, following a makeshift bush tucker trial, involving a raw pigs head. I would assume this was his other, more reckless brother. Anybody know owt ? ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Nope, Austin ended up on a drip or something for eating raw pig at his calendar launch night as part of a challenge. That's why afew of the lads had food poisoning against batley. If I'm not mistaken it was all on rugby am

Reminds me of an old advertising campaign for a well known sausage manufacturer. "Walls have ears". They've given a few people the trots even when cooked.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

He certainly does. Incidentally, I'm still waiting for somebody to let me know how I can make a donation to his fund.

I am on the case Grumpy.

I am in the process of adding a testimonial page to the website, which will have all the details,

In the meantime, have you contacted the club to ask how you can donate?

One method of donating will be to just take your contribution to the reception and it will be passed on to Austin.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

I am on the case Grumpy.

I am in the process of adding a testimonial page to the website, which will have all the details,

In the meantime, have you contacted the club to ask how you can donate?

One method of donating will be to just take your contribution to the reception and it will be passed on to Austin.

Thanks Netherton. I just wondered whether there might be an account set up for donations similar to the one that AR have. I suppose at the moment I'm resigned to just sticking it in the bucket.

George Bernard Shaw.

Salford will not be bringing many first team players judging by the list of 20 players published by the Red Devils. Luke Menzies is amongst them though.

I really don't know what to expect from us, so I will guess at the score being:

Dewsbury 18 - Salford 30.

Att: 1044

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Good result yesterday, with a great crowd. Positives were Pryce, Grady (as always), having both Godwin and Brown back, Hyde fitting in well after Thackery went off injured (hope it's not too bad) and Johnsons debut ( he's a big unit).

Wind made it difficult for both sides, but thought we showed more attacking flair compared to at Batley. Think the first 13 picked will be very close to the team v sheffield, with probably Morton in for Austin. Bench should be Godwin, Aizue, Johnson and Farrell. Unfortunately this leaves out Barlow, Wright, Murphy and adamson who are all pushing at the door. Not sure when Nash and Scott are due back to add evenore competition for places. #utr

Good result yesterday, with a great crowd. Positives were Pryce, Grady (as always), having both Godwin and Brown back, Hyde fitting in well after Thackery went off injured (hope it's not too bad) and Johnsons debut ( he's a big unit).

Wind made it difficult for both sides, but thought we showed more attacking flair compared to at Batley. Think the first 13 picked will be very close to the team v sheffield, with probably Morton in for Austin. Bench should be Godwin, Aizue, Johnson and Farrell. Unfortunately this leaves out Barlow, Wright, Murphy and adamson who are all pushing at the door. Not sure when Nash and Scott are due back to add evenore competition for places. #utr

Well in the end it was worth getting cold and wet standing in a fifty yard queue. My main plusses were that Brown looks sharp and Haggerty looks to have bulked up and showed the determination and go forward he lacked last year. We look to have a formidable pack this season - which I reckon we're going to need. Not great conditions for the backs, but they looked sharp enough and defended well against some nippy backs. Still think Pricey will be a massive influence. Fantastic turnout for Austin - hope the rest of his testimonial is as successful.

George Bernard Shaw.

Yes it was an encouraging performance and a great turn out for Austin (did he actually get to touch the ball?).

I will resrve my judgement until we play a reall competitive match though as the Salford side was mainly academy players and didn't look much above a mid table Championship team. Our pack looks quite good and a few players have bulked up considerably (I don't recall Hemingway being that shape last year) and the new players look like they can have quite an impact.

It was certainly quite an appetiser for the season to come.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

and Haggerty looks to have bulked up and showed the determination and go forward he lacked last year.

This can't be the same Haggerty that played on boxing day throwing his elbows around? He couldn't run into a stiff breeze!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived