This piece doesn't reflect well on the RLIF and its new boss

Scubby

steve is still upset his planned GB tour this year got kicked into the long grass..

believe it or not but we've actually seen more activity from the RLIF since big nigel took over as chairman than we have for the previous 10 years when a aussie then a kiwi ran the RLIF...

under colin love then scott carter the RLIF was non-exsistant....but now a pom is in charge mascord expects tge world and he wants it too happen yesterday!

Correct. Them two Aussies had they chance to promote International Rugby League and failed.

Aussies need to get into their heads that International Rugby League should be the pinnicle of the game, not SOO.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct. Them two Aussies had they chance to promote International Rugby League and failed.

Aussies need to get into their heads that International Rugby League should be the pinnicle of the game, not SOO.

Agreed. I'm with 'spud on this one. Where were Mascord's articles slating Love and Carter? Love him or loathe him, Wood hasn't been in the job long enough to expect the kind of things Mascord expects instantly. Lewis was arguably one of the best leaders the RFL had. He came from a non RL background. Maybe the RFL were thinking along those lines when they pushed for the American guy. God knows we have to try something different to change attitudes instead of bumbling along as we currently do

rldfsignature.jpg

Brilliant.  So because the RLIF has always been - and continues to be - an absolute joke even when it had foreigners in charge we shouldn't criticise it now when it's one of our own failing to get anything done.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Sep Blatter could be available shortly!

The RLIF needs to become THE ruling body world wide and have the power to enforce their decisions.

The NRL and the SL must not be allowed to introduce rules and interpretations without sanction from the RLIF a and when introduced they should uniformly come into effect world wide.

The neutral refs debacle should never be allowed to happen again, the best NEUTRAL referee available should always be appointed irrespective of whether Australia think he's good enough.

I'm with Roughy on the Mascord article, Im no fan of Wood but Mascords writing is increasingly agenda driven and is typical of the arrogant attitude shown by many from the Southern Hemisphere towards the rest.

Brilliant.  So because the RLIF has always been - and continues to be - an absolute joke even when it had foreigners in charge we shouldn't criticise it now when it's one of our own failing to get anything done.

no...its cos he's actually done alright...

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

no...its cos he's actually done alright...

Yes, a million per cent increase in press releases will ensure everything's fine.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The RLIF needs to become THE ruling body world wide and have the power to enforce their decisions.

The NRL and the SL must not be allowed to introduce rules and interpretations without sanction from the RLIF a and when introduced they should uniformly come into effect world wide.

The neutral refs debacle should never be allowed to happen again, the best NEUTRAL referee available should always be appointed irrespective of whether Australia think he's good enough.

I just don't see a FIFA type governing independent world body ever happening. The Australians would sooner play amongst themselves rather than relinquish any power to control the game.

rldfsignature.jpg

Wood went to the Cooks. Some may perceive it as a jolly but at least he actually took t time and effort to go there. Did Love or Carter ever go anywhere else in Europe apart from London? After all we keep getting told by Aussies it's easy and cheap to get around.

I don't think anyone would argue that Love and Carter were very poor in their roles. However, that doesn't justify that Wood is doing a good job and neither does a few extra press releases, a couple of jollies overseas or announcing that the next WC will be in Aus/NA (was it ever going to be anywhere else?!). Whilst completely understanding your next post about the Aussies unwillingness to relinquish any kind of control, I firmly believe we should expect far better leadership from the game's hierarchy both in the UK and Internationally.

Yes, a million per cent increase in press releases will ensure everything's fine.

2017 world cup announced

2017 world cup qualifiers announced

pacific islands getting more games

the american situation sorted

and likely to be announced shortly after the next RLIF meeting in feb

the 4 nations to be scrapped in favour of a RLIF event which will earn the RLIF more money

all in less than a year....in fact its really in 4 meetings as thats when gets sorted

don't be jealous of the guy for going to the cook island,by all accounts their votes help swing it in his favour,id have pooped by too if i was in the area lol

OLDHAM RLFC

I firmly believe we should expect far better leadership from the game's hierarchy both in the UK and Internationally.

And I don't think anyone will argue with that but the point I'm trying to make is where were Mascord's articles about weak leadership of the RLIF when the Antipodeans were in charge? Mascord is whinging because an Aussie (Richardson) didn't get a role within the RLIF as CEO. I personally believe we need fresh blood and new ideas from outsiders to take the game forward but as I said I don't think the Aussies want to change how the sport is controlled globally.

rldfsignature.jpg

And I don't think anyone will argue with that but the point I'm trying to make is where were Mascord's articles about weak leadership of the RLIF when the Antipodeans were in charge? Mascord is whinging because an Aussie (Richardson) didn't get a role within the RLIF as CEO. I personally believe we need fresh blood and new ideas from outsiders to take the game forward but as I said I don't think the Aussies want to change how the sport is controlled globally.

Understood and completely agree with the fresh blood argument. The game is crying out for it!

Nigel Wood went to the Cook Islands- great when is he looking to visit one of the Europeam Nations? What did he exactly do in the Cook Islands? If nothing then it was pointless. The RLIF needs to sort many problems out like Italy, the different rules, the way the NRL do what they want, the development of the game around the world etc. As yet it has done very little. The RLIF is a waste in its current setup. As for Nigel Wood, Sorry but he makes a mess everywhere he goes- Halifax, RFL, SL and now the RLIF. The RLIF wont be anything under him and needed somebody who has leadership skills and is not frightened to upset a few people-thats not what he dooes. The efforts in many places is nothing to do with. the efforts of Nigel Wood or the RLIF or even the RLEF, but mainly down to individuals putting much time and money in to things to get it going. Take the EU money away from the RLEF and there would be no support at all. Sadly too many in the game dont give a stuff about the International game and Nigel Wood is one of those many figures. The state of the International game is a joke and thats something Nigel Wood inherited but it wont change unless somebody is prepared to upset people and does the job properly and visit Nations and look to help them and also we have a framework of where the game is heading. There is no plan in place really and there is and never has been leadership for the International game. 

Nigel Wood went to the Cook Islands- great when is he looking to visit one of the Europeam Nations? What did he exactly do in the Cook Islands? If nothing then it was pointless. The RLIF needs to sort many problems out like Italy, the different rules, the way the NRL do what they want, the development of the game around the world etc. As yet it has done very little. The RLIF is a waste in its current setup. As for Nigel Wood, Sorry but he makes a mess everywhere he goes- Halifax, RFL, SL and now the RLIF. The RLIF wont be anything under him and needed somebody who has leadership skills and is not frightened to upset a few people-thats not what he dooes. The efforts in many places is nothing to do with. the efforts of Nigel Wood or the RLIF or even the RLEF, but mainly down to individuals putting much time and money in to things to get it going. Take the EU money away from the RLEF and there would be no support at all. Sadly too many in the game dont give a stuff about the International game and Nigel Wood is one of those many figures. The state of the International game is a joke and thats something Nigel Wood inherited but it wont change unless somebody is prepared to upset people and does the job properly and visit Nations and look to help them and also we have a framework of where the game is heading. There is no plan in place really and there is and never has been leadership for the International game.

Spot on but as I have said previously Mascord is laying all of the ills at Wood's door. Where were the articles slating the RLIF leaders in the past? I know two wrongs don't make a right but Wood isn't the sole architect of international rugby league's current plight.

rldfsignature.jpg

2017 world cup announced

the 4 nations to be scrapped in favour of a RLIF event which will earn the RLIF more money

all in less than a year....in fact its really in 4 meetings as thats when ###### gets sorted

don't be jealous of the guy for going to the cook island,by all accounts their votes help swing it in his favour,id have pooped by too if i was in the area lol

I think we are stretching any semblance of logic by criticising the Aussies yet praising Nigel Wood for announcing the Aussies would host the World Cup,

Also im not sure what Nigel Wood is supposed to have done to 'sort the American situation' they pretty much sorted that themselves.

I think you are stretching it to praise him for a competition that hasn't been announced yet and wont happen for a minimum of another 4 seasons

Can we really blame the Aussies for wanting a veto on the game or expect anything different after what happened to the International RL Board, the predecessor of the RLIF. At the height of the Superleague War. Uncle Rupert outflanked the Aussies by buying up every single other member of the Board. They won'y forget that.

2017 world cup announced

Frankly, that looks like the absolute bare minimum.  The only solid is that the 2017 World Cup has been announced.  I can't easily find out anything about the qualifiers - although the RLEF have said the European Championship forms part of their qualifiers - and there doesn't seem to be a website for the event or an outline schedule.

The Pacific Islands is very good news indeed.  But I can't see any fixtures via the RLIF website to see what games they're playing, when and what increase this is on previous years.  Any number of games is better than zero though.

I think USARL should probably take the credit for driving through US unification.

And why are we scrapping the Four Nations?  A successful event that has an identity so we're going to change it ...?

A successful event, yes. Does it bring any money to the RLIF, no.

So we scrap it?  Rather than integrate it into the RLIF in some way?

I'm with Roughy on the Mascord article, Im no fan of Wood but Mascords writing is increasingly agenda driven and is typical of the arrogant attitude shown by many from the Southern Hemisphere towards the rest.

Realistically, how could the NRL be prevented to do whatever they want to regarding the rules they play under?

So we scrap it? Rather than integrate it into the RLIF in some way?

we whinge the RFL,ARLC....and to a lesser extent NZRL have too much control.....yet nigel has apperently convinced them to give up the rights to the 4 nations and let the RLIF run a multi team comp in between world cups that'll give the RLIF a much needed revenue boost...

you gonna complain about that too ??

OLDHAM RLFC

I love international RL but the NRL and SOO shouldnt be down graded to help its growth

RL seems to be growing quite well in the southern hemisphere on the back of whats happening in Australia,its really not there fault we're struggling over here.

I cant help thinking people have a problem with Nigel Wood himself,rather than the job he's doing.

Archived