Sign in to follow this  
wackojacko

Choose the USA National Team Name

They need something redolent of the USA eh? How about the Wal-Martians? Google it and wince, but we could get sponsorship off Asda. Actually, probably not...

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I voted for the Mustangs.  I think horses and the US are synonymous myself and the wildness of the Mustang epitomises the USA IMO. 

What's the difference between a bison and a buffalo?

You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.

Sorry.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

What about something capitalising on the USA's national pride/ Egotism? USA Apollos? (Maybe not in a thirteen man game thinking about it. You'd hate to play loose) Perhaps Astronauts, Thunderbolts or Falcons? The latter two being some of their most common fighter planes.

If we are going down the military path how about the USA friendly fire?

The USA Waterboarders might strike terror into the opposition...

Edited by Futtocks

Boring names, but I went with Stars & Stripes but would have preferred 'All Stars' instead. I'd have liked something like Bison or Prospectors, but I'm glad it isn't something generic like 'Warriors'. 

They used 'Pioneers' for their B team against Leeds.

Douchebags with bleached teeth! The Eagles?

The Eagles are...

1. A coke-addled soft-rock band, and

2. The official nickname of the USA Rugby Union team. Assuming they even use the 'U' word any more.

Take it to the limit one more time... The Bleechers... not only teeth either!

but seriously ... The Braves, its been done before but gotta be something like thats not to cheesy! 

Well Hawkes it is then! Familiar animal of prey totem but not cheesy like the Wild stallions dude

Edited by kiwis 13 6