Training 2night

troutmaster

Well not a lot to shout about tonight at training,mostly the lads were going through sessions of tackling and the best way to do it,sounds silly but with phil, there is only one way,and that is phil's way.I was talking to a good friend tonight and the conversation was about the club bringing in a new half back,we concurred that the club had 3 in mind but 2 were let down with their visa's,the other one,and we all know who that is,being Mr Farcas who, would go down a storm in this championship.We then proceeded to the DR role and its effectiveness, and would we bring in the likes of say young Doran,now to be fair,the lad was running behind a beaten pack and had very little oppertunities to show off his qualities,and,we know that hes bundles of them,and when running behind the full Wigan pack he had shown that he has real promise, and ,will in my opinion go on to better things in the next few years.The conversation went on to our friend Lewis teirney,who i think could fit into the halfback role, but after agreeing he would do a good job we then talked about players from the wigan first team, There was the possibility of seeing big Mossop and even the captain sean Oloughlin playing on sunday,but alas,the bloody weather intervened again,Now has it had snowed on the thursday, their physio decided that it would be of no benefit to there lads to play,so it was a big loss to us fans,but we had the pleasure of seeing at least nine players from the full wigan squad on show.At the end of our little chat we sought of played around to who would be available from Wigan when the first team was chosen,now let me tell you i was very suprised at the level of players WHO would be available to town,at the count we reckoned that they have at least 8 prop forwards, So,they cannot play them all,They have at least 4 or 5 halves to pick from,So when the season starts we could have the possibilities of the likes of big mossop,Ben flowers has got to have some game time,young Sam powell will also be at sometime available, So i was very happy when we had finished our little crack, and, I know that phil will only take players who he thinks will do the job for his team,and that to my mind puts our team in one hell of a favourable position in the championship.Bring it on boys....

Thanks once again Baz.   Any news on Liam's ankle injury?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Does that mean Farkas is still a goer then ? we play the serious stuff next Sunday , so we must get an insight into how pv sees things in the halves , at least in the short term , very soon . It's the only concern for us at present

Does that mean Farkas is still a goer then ? we play the serious stuff next Sunday , so we must get an insight into how pv sees things in the halves , at least in the short term , very soon . It's the only concern for us at present

I myself think it is still a goer david,i would think the club would be happy if they got their man, but i do not think forber will let us down david.

I heard from a reliable source that Farkas is coming but it will be late March / early April before he arrives.

I agree with Derwent,I had said early march,but whenever is to long for me,cmon David, get your aris over here.....

Any indication at all of a half combination for the start of the season Barry - any hints from training or craic there?

No David,they did not go through many routines last night.I would hazard a guess that someone from DR will fill one of the positions to start with.Jamie doran,lewis Tierney,sam powell.and of course forber at seven.

Is this because of visa issues or another reason? Long time to wait.

Farkas has Hungarian heritage but does not have an Hungarian only an Australian passport. My understanding is that he requires the Hungarian passport to be able to come over and the club with help from our local MP are trying expedite the matter

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Farkas has Hungarian heritage but does not have an Hungarian only an Australian passport. My understanding is that he requires the Hungarian passport to be able to come over and the club with help from our local MP are trying expedite the matter

No problem, thanks for the info, hopefully we can get him in asap.

Interesting interview today with Ryan Hampshire . Says he's played fullback but his natural position is halfback , and he wants an opportunity to play there ... Well , if he wants to learn the trade there for a future wigan role I'm sure we could accommodate . Could suit both parties ? Just a thought

I would have Hampshire over every wigan player that you would expect to be made available to us. Bemused me why we never got him last year. Tierney is quality but rocky is a cut above.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived