Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Somewhat mitigating McInnes' loss in 2021 will be the presence of veteran hooker Andrew McCullough, who this week joined Dragons from Brisbane on a three-year deal.

It’s like splitting up with Farah Fawcett and hooking up with Bella Emberg . Bit of a broncos old boy get together in the spine , and the other two have been largely bloody useless 

57 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Looks like Adam Elliot took a fancy to Michael Lichaa’s missus and he didn’t appreciate it too much 😂

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/73369726-2a6e-4bd9-85bc-ded6415f0236

Elliot should be drummed out of the game, he`s more trouble than he`s worth, he ain`t a kid any more, 29 in fact, the statement said they had been drinking` heavily` he was the blokes intended best man and then they get involved in a screaming match on the street, I mean how long do you put with an idiot like this`s behaviour. Blokes like this are costing the game a fortune.

14 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s like splitting up with Farah Fawcett and hooking up with Bella Emberg . Bit of a broncos old boy get together in the spine , and the other two have been largely bloody useless 

Why do I get the feeling you have Bella on your wall as a pin up! 😋

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

2 hours ago, JimBronco said:

What's the best website/app to watch weekly NRL games? I don't mind paying a monthly subscription. 

I have used WatchNRL for a few seasons now. Every game in every round, plus the finals, plus Origin and other rep games to watch live and/or catch up. The coverage is great, all league games are via FoxSports. One or two games are Ch9 .

As it is streamed I use it on my big PC screen or iPad. I can also use the iPad or phone to view on any holidays we have, or might be able to have! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I have used WatchNRL for a few seasons now. Every game in every round, plus the finals, plus Origin and other rep games to watch live and/or catch up. The coverage is great, all league games are via FoxSports. One or two games are Ch9 .

As it is streamed I use it on my big PC screen or iPad. I can also use the iPad or phone to view on any holidays we have, or might be able to have! 

Me too. They take the cost straight off my credit card at the start of each season. £13 per week, £25 per month or £130 for the season. Plus, my daughters can use my log in at the same time as myself so we can all watch the same game from different parts of the country.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Me too. They take the cost straight off my credit card at the start of each season. £13 per week, £25 per month or £130 for the season. Plus, my daughters can use my log in at the same time as myself so we can all watch the same game from different parts of the country.

I think somebody on here pays differently. I seem to remember they pay via Australia in Ozzie dollars and save some money... or have I misremembered and that was on something else?

On 08/02/2021 at 23:26, The Rocket said:

For the first time in a long I feel like we have an administration that is actually going to do something about this player behaviour issue. I live in hope.

Top cop Mick Fuller puts the game’s bad boys on notice (theaustralian.com.au)

NSW`s Top Policeman, Police Commissioner Mick Fuller looks likely to be ratified as the ARLC newest board member next week.

Fuller is another bloke who played the game as a kid but is far form just another `ex-player` appointee on the board, he comes with a reputation for being tough on poor workplace behaviour.

This is the second great appointment in a couple of months, the other was former Queensland Tourism Minister Kate Jones who was also being chased by the afl, Jones who comes from a League following family was only ever going to join one board. She has already been instrumental in securing Magic Weekend again for Queensland this year and is involved in preparing a program to have female primary school teachers become certified junior Rugby League coaches.

This is exactly how Boards should be made up, experts and the best from every field, with all the right contacts. Further to that Fullers appointment has been given the green light and blessing from the States Premier and Police Minister.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Graham said:

Cheers. I'll try WatchNRL then. Not got Sky anymore as it's just ridiculously expensive. I've checked and it's £25 per month, which is a good price for what you get to be honest. 

1 hour ago, JimBronco said:

Cheers. I'll try WatchNRL then. Not got Sky anymore as it's just ridiculously expensive. I've checked and it's £25 per month, which is a good price for what you get to be honest. 

I pay annually. It costs £130 in a single payment. (So equals a tad over 5 months payments 5 x £25 = £125)

• Like 1

With three weeks to go before NRL 2021 gets underway, Ben Hunt has been made captain of St G/I Dragons.

“It is a big ask for him," coach Anthony Griffin said.

"He’s a senior player obviously, and a very good player. He’s got the ability to be one of the best halfbacks in the competition, and he has been that before.

"His seasons at Brisbane and a couple of years ago here in 2018 he had a great year. I think it’s a really good thing for him at this stage of his career, because it will demand a lot of him in a number of ways.

"The really good players need that – they don’t need comfort zones, they need to be given an opportunity to unlock potential.

"I know the level he can get to, and the club has invested heavily in him over the last couple of years. No one more than Ben wants to repay that.

"I think it’s a good fit for where he is at the moment, from a leadership point of view and halfback point of view."

Hunt spent time at hooker, five-eighth and on the bench in 2020 under Paul McGregor, but the new boss has backed him to play in the No.7 jumper at the start of this year.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 10:30, The Rocket said:

Great thing about this is that they can take it anywhere, even across the ditch or afl states. No other sport in Oz has anything or could hold anything like it.

NRL 2021: DWZ calls on All Stars to be taken to New Zealand - NRL

They could take this anywhere, given the buy-in by players and that no other sport in Oz could hold an event like this, it could be a golden opportunity to get indigenous kids in other states to dump afl and take up League or at least to give it a go.

Could be a massive hit in NZ as well given their proud Maori culture and the attraction of a rivalry with all things Australian and in particular between the two countries First Peoples.

10 hours ago, The Rocket said:

NRL 2021: DWZ calls on All Stars to be taken to New Zealand - NRL

They could take this anywhere, given the buy-in by players and that no other sport in Oz could hold an event like this, it could be a golden opportunity to get indigenous kids in other states to dump afl and take up League or at least to give it a go.

Could be a massive hit in NZ as well given their proud Maori culture and the attraction of a rivalry with all things Australian and in particular between the two countries First Peoples.

I’d love to see it played in NZ

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I’d love to see it played in NZ

I just can`t see any reason why it won`t, I think when you can take these things to different venues your much more likely to draw a crowd and getting the stands full is half the battle as a full or nearly full house usually really helps players to put on a show plus they deserve it.

I really like the women`s before the men`s as well, the result of the first game adds a bit of spice to the second.

Just finished watching the women`s game, really top-notch entertainment, it continually blows me away how the standard of all levels of League has come on in the last decade. Anyway great win to the Maori girls, the men`s start in about 15 minutes.  

• Like 1

ZFfsFaW.jpg

Kevin Dann the former NSW fullback, who played 121 games for the club from 1977-84, has died at the age of 62.

Penrith posted a tribute to Dann on social media on Sunday night to say "with heavy hearts we acknowledge the passing of Kevin Dann - Panther No.138. Our sincere thoughts are with his family and friends".

• Thanks 1

New Zealand Warriors have announced prop Agnatius Paasi has been released by the club as prepares to join English Super League side St Helens.

The 28-year-old has been granted an early release by the Warriors after two stints with the club, first making his debut in 2014.

5 hours ago, Graham said:

New Zealand Warriors have announced prop Agnatius Paasi has been released by the club as prepares to join English Super League side St Helens.

The 28-year-old has been granted an early release by the Warriors after two stints with the club, first making his debut in 2014.

Bit late with that Graham aren’t you? He joined Saints a long time ago and has been in the UK in pre season training for the past month or so!

15 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Bit late with that Graham aren’t you? He joined Saints a long time ago and has been in the UK in pre season training for the past month or so!

I can’t be on the ball all the time. Sometimes it takes a long time for the message to reach my fingers after leaving the brain.

• Haha 1

On 17/02/2021 at 01:55, DavidM said:

The NRL off-season is a real treasure trove of fantastic positive stories for the game ... 🤔

Unrelated to above quote but I think you inquired a while back if trial matches are included in a players suspension, It` puzzled me at the time and just read that Adam Doeuhi for the Tigers will be on the bench for this weeks trial against Manly and then serve the remainder of his suspension by sitting out the first round of the season.

So no, trials don`t count and suspended players are free to play in them missing them will not count to reducing your suspension.

St George Illawarra are fed up with NRL player managers using their club’s name as “contract bait” to increase interest in out-of-contract players, per The Daily Telegraph.

Parramatta lock Nathan Brown is the latest player to be falsely linked to the Dragons, with the club going directly to the Eels in revealing they hold no interest in their star.

Apparently two other clubs have also said to be interested, but no actual suitors have been identified.

Sir Michael Somare Papua New Guineas first Prime Minister and considered to be the father of PNG died this week aged 84.  Mr. Somare was behind PNG`s first bid to get a team in the NRL in 2008.

I don`t know but given PNG`s close ties with OZ and let`s be frank the fact that Rugby League is their national sport I would love to see the NRL acknowledge his passing with the offer of formal condolences and ideally see one of either V`landy`s, Abdo, Peter Beattie from the ARL Commission or even Mal Meninga who is a cult hero in PG attending his state funeral.

NRL talks about being being a mature and responsible sporting organisation, what better way to show it.

• Like 2