Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

55 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Tristan Sailor finds himself in hot water and without a club for next season

Let’s hope it’s the first and last unsavoury story as we head into the off season. Previous experience says it won’t be. This particular story sounds particularly extreme. 

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Let’s hope it’s the first and last unsavoury story as we head into the off season. Previous experience says it won’t be. This particular story sounds particularly extreme. 

I think any hope of that sailed a long time ago. The media will all be climbing aboard any mishap. At least we can be grateful though that the NRL is no longer a rudderless ship 

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I think any hope of that sailed a long time ago. The media will all be climbing aboard any mishap. At least we can be grateful though that the NRL is no longer a rudderless ship 

Fox Sports in particular are rampant stirrers of the pot. I’m not condoning bad behaviour just saying that recently they have been looking to create stories. With Storm today it was digging up the story of  ‘disagreement’ of Bellyache and Cam Smith over the infamous ring. Old story. So why?

10 hours ago, Graham said:

Seemed a too talented player to be so abruptly let go by his club. I suppose this is why they got rid of him. This sounds really bad, if true, from the headlines I've seen.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, Graham said:

Zero point zero chance of that 

12 hours ago, Graham said:

Fox Sports in particular are rampant stirrers of the pot. I’m not condoning bad behaviour just saying that recently they have been looking to create stories. With Storm today it was digging up the story of  ‘disagreement’ of Bellyache and Cam Smith over the infamous ring. Old story. So why?

Kent says it’s an old story with a ‘ new twist ‘ .  He’s a stirrer with a platform that has inflated his ego to Godzilla like proportions 

• Like 1

Looks like Roosters and some of their fans are putting the blame on Kyle Flanagan for falling short of their target this season. The young bloke isn’t yet the fully developed player and was not able to fully fill the shoes for Cooper Cronk. That was clear.

Still it’s a bit tough to pile it all on him. 

Roosters have told him they don’t see him as their future and that he won’t have his contract extended after 2012.

Cue the move for him by other who see his potential to improve. First in line appear to be Bulldogs.

Edited by Graham

Talking of Roosters, they are saying goodbye to the big news signing Sonny Bill Williams.

Also going through the exit door with him is Ryan Hall.

Hall, 32, made 11 appearances for the Roosters over the course of two seasons following his move over to the NRL from Leeds.

Williams, 35, has played five games for Trent Robinson’s side since joining the club for a second spell earlier this year from Toronto Wolfpack.

Still on the Roosters theme, there is some media talk that Roosters would like Mitchell Pearce back.

The report I read said Knights would like to get him and his big money contract off their books and Roosters could take him to replace Kyle Flanagan (see above)

Edited by Graham

16 minutes ago, Graham said:

Looks like Roosters and some of their fans are putting the blame on Kyle Flanagan for falling short of their target this season. The young bloke isn’t yet the fully developed player and was not able to fully fill the shoes for Cooper Cronk. That was clear.

Roosters have told him they don’t see him as their future and that he won’t have his contract extended after 2012.

Cue the move for him by other who see his potential to improve. First in line appear to be Bulldogs.

I think Barrett would like to take Matt Burton with him to Belmore as well but when is another matter

Edited by DavidM

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Didn’t realise his contract went back in time? 

I agree he’s not the finished article and can still improve but at the moment he’s not good enough for the Roosters so I can understand them wanting to look elsewhere. I’m sure Robinson knows best

Flanagan looks to have plenty more potential, if he ends up at a club with the right coach to develop him. Plus he has a decent boot on him, which is always a good selling-point.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Didn’t realise his contract went back in time? 

I agree he’s not the finished article and can still improve but at the moment he’s not good enough for the Roosters so I can understand them wanting to look elsewhere. I’m sure Robinson knows best

I did of course mean 2021. 
In 2012 he’d have been 14 and a boy wonder! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Flanagan looks to have plenty more potential, if he ends up at a club with the right coach to develop him. Plus he has a decent boot on him, which is always a good selling-point.

I agree about the right club . I’m not sure that is the Roosters . He’d played about 10 first grade games before being told to steer the ship of the double champs and fill the shoes of Cooper Cronk. He was under the microscope there with big pressure and bigger , unfair , expectations. Somewhere like the Bulldogs would be a lot better for his development you’d think 

1 hour ago, Graham said:

The St George Illawarra Dragons are set to sign Roosters prop Poasa Faamausili

Obviously knows one club is on the rise and  one on the wane ...

Edited by DavidM

Former Maroons forward Ethan Lowe, whose career has been hampered by neck injuries, has retired at the age of 29.

In his post-match media conference after South Sydney's preliminary final los to the Panthers on Saturday night, coach Wayne Bennett said Lowe would not be returning next year.

The Rabbitohs forward has been sidelined since the round-10 loss to Newcastle when he aggravated an old neck injury during the match. Lowe had undergone surgery for a neck problem in 2016 and went under the knife again this year.

31 minutes ago, Graham said:

Former Maroons forward Ethan Lowe, whose career has been hampered by neck injuries, has retired at the age of 29.

In his post-match media conference after South Sydney's preliminary final los to the Panthers on Saturday night, coach Wayne Bennett said Lowe would not be returning next year.

The Rabbitohs forward has been sidelined since the round-10 loss to Newcastle when he aggravated an old neck injury during the match. Lowe had undergone surgery for a neck problem in 2016 and went under the knife again this year.

That’s very sad to hear. He was playing some of the beat footy of his career last year