Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

I think Napa and The Pong were legitimate injuries. GI not so sure. He got it strapped up and played on today after it happened but maybe they recommended surgery.

Cronulla have re-signed promising back rower Jack Williams on a two-year deal, tying him to the club until the end of the 2020 season.

Williams made his debut for the Sharks in round 11 this season, and scored a try in his debut game.

The 21-year-old played four first grade games this season before suffering an injury, one that will keep him from returning in 2018.

Jake Trbojevic says he is embarrassed by the push to install him as Manly captain at the expense of recalled Queensland Origin halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

The Sea Eagles local junior is seen as the perfect candidate to lead the maroon and whites well into the future, but Trbojevic doesn’t want the job if it means taking it from his good mate.

On the day DCE was named to make his return to the Maroons side after a three-year absence, the NSW backrower went into bat for the polarising No.7.

Oh go on...

Caught in the middle of a forward crisis following injuries to key middles Jesse Bromwich, Dale Finucane and Sam Kasiano, the Storm are reportedly on the hunt for reinforcements

Help may be arriving soon, in the form of Warriors prop Albert Vete.

Apparently... Melbourne are “close” to signing Vete, who would become their second addition in quick succession, after they added fringe Panthers forward Tom Eisenhuth earlier this week.

Aren't the Storm a bit late? I think June 30 is the cutoff for mid-season transfers.

EDIT a few hours later: I notice they've picked him on the bench this week so they must have done the paperwork last week.

Edited by Farmduck

21 hours ago, Graham said:

Ryan Hoffman has announced he’s retiring at the end of this season.

What a great career he’s had, a true professional.

Pretty amazing really:

- 3 NRL GFs + 1 losing GF

- 3 World Club Challenge wins

- 1 Challenge Cup win

- 1 Origin Series win

- 1 SL GF win

- 6 games Kangaroos

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

53 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

A very Thaiday performance. :biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just to let everyone know no team in Australian Rugby League has ever conceded 50 or more points in a regular season game and gone on to win a Grand Final. Sorry R L Winger

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Talking of Raiders:

Raiders have been hit with two injuries following their 28-32 win over the Bulldogs on Saturday night.

Fulllback Brad Abbey will miss one game after suffering a concussion late in Saturdays’ contest. Medical staff have done their due diligence and ruled him out for this week.

Additionally, front-rower Shannon Boyd will be sidelined for 2-3 weeks after hurting his calf against Canterbury and failed to complete the match.

The fitness of lock Luke Bateman and winger Jordan Rapana will also be assessed ahead of Tuesday’s team announcement to see if they can get up for this Saturday’s clash with North Queensland.

Again on the Raiders front...

Latest on Jack Wighton

Raiders have decided to impose a penalty on Jack for his behaviour. They will stand him down for six matches.

The NRL is due to come to a decision on a penalty for him. It will be interesting to see whether they feel the Canberra club's action is sufficient or if they want to add a bigger sanction on him.

He is not due for sentencing until some time in November.

In keeping with my view that the Sharks sign them if they are old and/ or crocked. Strong rumours that Sharks have signed Josh Morris from Bulldogs for 2019  At 32 Josh is definitely one for the future.

• Haha 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Leeds stand-off or centre Joel Moon will not play in Super League in 2019, according to reports.

The 30-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season, with a number of NRL clubs keen on acquiring his services, including the likes of Melbourne Storm, Sydney Roosters and Newcastle Knights.

His agent, Chris Fellas, confirmed the move: “Joel has interest from six NRL clubs to return home and, despite good offers in Super League, he would like to finish his Super League career with Leeds.

“We haven’t yet agreed in terms of the NRL, but expect to do so in coming weeks.”

Moon first came to England in 2012, joining Salford from New Zealand Warriors, before making the move to Leeds the following season.

He has since gone on to make over 150 appearances for the Rhinos, winning two Grand Finals, two Challenge Cups and a League Leaders Shield along the way.

Cronulla Sharks forward Jayson Bukuya has signed a two-year contract extension that will see him remain at the club until at least the end of the 2020 season.

Bukuya has played 141 of his 159 games for the Sharks, with a one-year stint in 2014 breaking up his 11-year NRL career.

The 29-year-old won a premiership with the Sharks in 2016, and was thrilled to put pen to paper on an extension.

“I’m pleased for myself and my family, now that there’s a bit more security for the next two years,” Bukuya told Sharks TV.

Confirmation:

Former international and veteran Bulldogs centre Josh Morris has agreed to a two-year deal at the Sharks from next season.

It was no secret the 31-year-old was being shopped around by the Bulldogs, who are still in the grip of a salary cap crisis.

And while there was reported interest particularly from the Titans, Morris has already told his teammates at Belmore that he’ll be leaving to play under Shane Flanagan in 2019.