Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

James Segeyaro still remains off contract for 2019 despite multiple clubs rumoured to be interested. Rumours that have popped up include the Wests Tigers, Newcastle Knights, Canterbury Bulldogs and Parramatta Eels.

Segeyaro is still keeping in shape with Speed Agility Academy and has made no comment suggesting he plans to retire which makes this situation a very strange one.

Gotta be some off-field issues there. He's played every game in about 3 seasons and in the others he had syndesmosis and a broken arm. For an 80+kg guy playing in the forwards that's pretty good. But if there were in-club issues, they wouldn't have kept selecting him.

Off-contract Cronulla Shark James Segeyaro seems to be in hot demand, with the Newcastle Knights now chasing the hooker, according to Tony Adams.

Newcastle recently had their sights set on New Zealand Warriors star Issac Luke, but given 31-year-old now requires a shoulder reconstruction, it seems the Knights have pulled back on their interest.

Segeyaro looks set to be leaving the shire in 2019, currently reported to be in-talks with the Bulldogs, but the Knights could provide the 27-year old with another opportunity.

The Knights seem to be the team to have the money Segeyaro might be after given they have gone cold on Luke.

Jarryd Hayne has been charged with aggravated sexual assault after handing himself in to police this afternoon.

The 30-year-old was arrested by members of the NSW Sex Crimes Squad in relation to a sexual assault allegation made against the out-of-contract NRL star.

Police confirmed Hayne was taken into custody at Ryde Police Station about 4pm today.

On 11/7/2018 at 2:08 AM, Blotto said:

This is a bit of a surprise!

Not really he's got nowt to do

"But since there are no Kangaroos matches until the end of the 2019 season he will have capacity to devote to the Titans' role. "

Now just take that all in for a moment and the words and support  for and about the international game appear as empty as the promises on the side of a bus.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Wayne Bennett will remain as the Broncos’ head coach for the 2019 NRL season, after a meeting with Brisbane chief Karl Morris on Saturday morning.

According to reports, Bennett has been told by the Broncos’ hierachy he will be staying at Red Hill next season, and has been guaranteed his position for 2019.

It was widely expected Bennett and Souths coach Anthony Seibold would swap clubs in 2019, given the pair are set to coach the Rabbitohs and Broncos respectively in 2020.

However, that won’t be the case after Bennett’s meeting on Saturday.

“I will be coaching the Broncos in 2019,” Bennett said.

“I’ve met with the chairman and we are now on the same page.

“I won’t be sacked, I’ve been given that assurance by Karl Morris.

“I’ve always intended on honouring my contract and I’m glad this all has been sorted. I’ll be at the Broncos next season.”

Edited by Graham

36 minutes ago, Graham said:

Wayne Bennett will remain as the Broncos’ head coach for the 2019 NRL season, after a meeting with Brisbane chief Karl Morris on Saturday morning.

According to reports, Bennett has been told by the Broncos’ hierachy he will be staying at Red Hill next season, and has been guaranteed his position for 2019.

It was widely expected Bennett and Souths coach Anthony Seibold would swap clubs in 2019, given the pair are set to coach the Rabbitohs and Broncos respectively in 2020.

However, that won’t be the case after Bennett’s meeting on Saturday.

“I will be coaching the Broncos in 2019,” Bennett said.

“I’ve met with the chairman and we are now on the same page.

“I won’t be sacked, I’ve been given that assurance by Karl Morris.

“I’ve always intended on honouring my contract and I’m glad this all has been sorted. I’ll be at the Broncos next season.”

Looks like Wayne won that one . He’s very stubborn and put the ball firmly in their court . I’m under contract , wanna sack me ?

Newcastle have signed NSW and Australian prop David Klemmer on a five-year deal, while Dylan Napa has been released from his Roosters contract to replace Klemmer at the Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs granted Klemmer an immediate release from the final two years of his deal, allowing the prop to take up a deal with the Knights worth around $4.3 million.

As reported by NRL.com on October 28, Klemmer fronted Bulldogs officials with his wife, Chloe, after returning from international duty, seeking an immediate release from his contract at Canterbury.

While the Dogs wanted to hold on to Klemmer, they didn't want to keep a player who didn't want to be at the club and were trying to secure a replacement before agreeing to release the 24-year-old international.

On Monday afternoon the Roosters confirmed Napa had been released from the final year of his contract to join the Bulldogs on a three-year deal.

"Signing someone of Dylan's toughness and ability is a major coup for the club," Bulldogs coach Dean Pay said.

"We really feel that we have got a high calibre footballer who will be a great addition to both our pack and our playing group as a whole."

Klemmer had been disgruntled for some time over the structure of his deal at the Bulldogs, including the arrangement around third-party payments.

However, the Kangaroos prop has also been dealing with some personal problems and was desperate to start a new life with his wife and three sons away from Sydney and he believes Newcastle is the ideal location for his family.

It is understood his annual Knights salary is close to what he stood to earn in the next two seasons at the Bulldogs.

Klemmer isn't due back to training until mid-December given he represented Australia at the end of the year.

The Bulldogs have had several big-name players leave their club mid-contract in the past 12 months, with Klemmer joining the likes of James Graham, Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye.

Shaun Johnson posted this on his Facebook page today clarifying his position with NZ Warriors:

Afternoon team!

After reading through a few of your comments on my last post I thought its best I clear a couple things up regarding my situation at this stage with the Warriors.

Prefer it come from my mouth so nothing can be twisted and portrayed differently.

Firstly there is no contract for me to sign past 2019.

Secondly if you saw the article that came out a few weeks back..In a round about way they said they are in no rush to re sign me. Since then they have told me again at this stage they wont be offering me anything.

That means I get to spread my wings and see what's out there so right now that's what I'm doing!

All of you know how much the warriors mean to me and how grateful I am for the opportunity they have given me to live my dreams and play the sport I love!

Hope that clears up any confusion..tell ya friends so i stop getting asked the same questions ??

No hate, all love as always 

Will keep you posted with what happens next..

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Where would he go?

Raiders, Eels, Dogs?

Of course there’s always  Roosters

Would like to see him at Cronulla.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Where would he go?

Raiders, Eels, Dogs?

Of course there’s always Roosters...

How about the NFL?

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I heard a rumour he was going to Featherstone Rovers... I started it myself, just a few seconds ago.

Well it would help Fev  have a full team out. And what is tbis  i read in league express about some headmaster introducing the other code into a Fev  school. Nail it on the head Im telling you it is the thin end of the edge. You have no idea what it is like  to live in onion world. The endless abuse, snide remarks.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.