Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

Well done to Matty Bowen.

Yep, and it sounds like good stuff from the Australian Embassy too. Cant do any harm to have an ambassador or two onside when trying to get the word out.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Bowen sounds like a decent bloke. Here is an article from earlier in the week of Shaun Wane praising Matty Bowen for his work with Ryan Hampshire while being dropped.

http://www.totalrl.com/wane-praises-bowen-attitude/

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

He is doing pretty well.

He is a quiet, shy sort of player and its a credit to him that he is having a go at promoting the game in a Country he probably knows little about.

Edited by Allora

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

He's the shyest bloke in Rugby League!

Also. it must be pretty weird speaking through an interpreter. On telly. In Serbia.

I know; I don't think I've ever thought of him as chatty and outgoing. The benefit of him going there and helping and being invited on TV is brilliant for the game over there, though. The TV audience would be listening to the translator anyway.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I know; I don't think I've ever thought of him as chatty and outgoing. The benefit of him going there and helping and being invited on TV is brilliant for the game over there, though. The TV audience would be listening to the translator anyway.

Yep, and even more credit to him for doing something obviously well out of his comfort zone for the sake of growing the game. Absolute champion.

He has scored some beauties.

It's a brilliant story.

There'll be some viewers who, intrigued, will have Googled his name and probably come across a showreel or two.