Now Hay goes

Fev show their patience by sacking another coach after a home defeat. This is quite a surprise after their performance against the Bulls.

Quite a few coaches will be thankful that their chairman doesn't have such a hair-trigger.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I can't see how sacking the coach just before the business end with massive games around the corner is going to solve anything. In fact, the chairman may have consigned his club to the lower 8s by doing what he has done.

Performances have been inconsistent all season, although home form is clearly the bigger problem. I'd also suggest that given the squad he has at his disposal, we really ought to be in a better position than we are. I would have been surprised to see Andy stay longer than the end of this season without a sudden upturn in performances, however it does seem strange timing to me with the season where it is. Not sure where we go from here either, as I can't see quite who we'd turn to next. Life on the Fev rollercoaster continues.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

At a guess he was expected to change the team for Sunday and didn't.  Do you stick with a winning side, or give the players who played midweek a rest?  Given the size of Fev's squad and the importance of winning every game I know what I'd have done. But what to I know, I've only been watching and playing the game 55 years.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

He used fatigue as an excuse after the game ,but picked more or less the same team as Wednesday, so his reason for defeat is his own doing. We rested 10 players at Catalan and ran them close, so he had plenty of strength in depth to choose from. Another big factor in our inconsistency is the swapping and changing of half back pairings, 3 games to go and he didn't know his best pair,Leaving us unorganized, and leaving quality players like Sharpe blackmore and hitchcox wasted.

Is the plant to make Cooke player coach?

I'm not sure Cookey would be overly keen, and I don't believe player/coach is a good option nowadays, you need to be one or the other IMO.

Andy Hay was always a poor appointment in my book and looked from the outside to have got the job to early through being mates with Craig Poskitt rather than any previous coaching success.

Just to throw a couple of names into the ring, I think a coach like Justin Morgan would fit the bill. He has great experience of coaching at Championship and SL level, his teams always appeared to enjoy playing for him and he can devise a winning game plan. The last I heard he is currently back home in Australia so not sure on his availability.

Another interesting one is Willie Poching. He has been assistant at 3 Super League clubs now. Does he want to step out of the shadows and go it alone? I'd like to see him given a chance if that's his ambition.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Right choice, wrong time I'd say. We ought to be more in the mix than we are which is obvious from our away form. Not being able to convert those home wins is not good enough but I thought it would be an end of season thing.

Not sure many obvious candidates are out there. The last two didnt have head coach experience, so I think we ought to look at that. Justin Morgan alway gets a shout and would be good. If we were ambitious we might be able to lure a Mick Potter type which would be amazing. Agar being mentioned and I can see why, but Im not sure hes the answer. reckon it will be someone of that ilk, recently deposed low-end SL coach: Webster, Millward, Agar etc.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

I can't see how sacking the coach just before the business end with massive games around the corner is going to solve anything. In fact, the chairman may have consigned his club to the lower 8s by doing what he has done.

I'm not sure he was sacked? Mark Campbell is a very passionate character who loves the club just as much as the most ardent fans. He deserved better from his coaches and players over the last few years, but time and again they have lost important games against sides with half of Rovers' playing budget. I can understand his frustration and a heated argument probably went too far.

What's done is done though, but I don't think it will scupper Rovers' chances of a Top 4 finish while they still have Danny Evans at the club. He has steadied the fort before and can do so again, at least for the next 3 games.

Looks like the Rumours are true about ex GB Hull and Giants coach Jon Sharp.

Pont and cas website suggesting (without confirming it) that he'll our new coach

Thought to be an announcement today.

http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/featherstone-rovers/sharp-linked-with-featherstone-rovers-coaching-job-1-7349350

Looks a decent appointment for me.......good luck to him and hope he does the business.

As for Hay.......good luck for the future but it just didn't work out.......I felt like he's been hanging on in there for a while and i'd have made a change after those 2 terrible easter performances......considering the size and quality in our squad at championship level we've been pretty average under him.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Should be a decent appointment. Fairly recent experience with GB and in SL should stand him in good stead alongside him being local.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived