9 Jul: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Draw
    • Leeds Rhinos

Just 'aving a larf mate.

The Widnes fan nailed his colours to the mast, I didn't see any derogatory comments from you about that. I decided to do the same and you object.

Interesting, your use of the word perennial, meaning infinitely underachieving.

I can remember cheering on Hull FC in the late 70's early 80's when we could put 13 people off the street up against Leeds and still win.

the hull team of that period were not players off the street as you well know it was an expensively assembled team

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just 'aving a larf mate.

The Widnes fan nailed his colours to the mast, I didn't see any derogatory comments from you about that. I decided to do the same and you object.

Interesting, your use of the word perennial, meaning infinitely underachieving.

I can remember cheering on Hull FC in the late 70's early 80's when we could put 13 people off the street up against Leeds and still win.

the hull team of that period were not players off the street as you well know it was an expensively assembled team

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Its dark here, is someone going to switch the lights on before the game starts or what!

(Just for OF)

Even you're not that late.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I bet they nearly all lived down some street or other.

At the game the Smith "knock on" went backwards first then bounced forward. That makes it no knock on as it initially went backwards. Doesn't matter how far it bounces after that. It was amusing seeing this pointed out to Sinfield when he was complaining and after he watched the incident on the screen he stopped complaining and walked away.

Could have been lah di dah Mews or Crescent or Gardens....

street
striːt/
noun

1. 1.
    a public road in a city, town, or village, typically with houses and buildings on one or both sides.

:tongue:

From sat in the East Stand at times the game seemed like a lottery not knowing which rules the officials would apply, if at all.

Forward passes all night, many not marginal but 2-4 mtrs forward and forward passes involved in two Leeds tries..

Not a single forward pass picked out though by Silverwood and his mates.

forward passes are one of those things you are always going to think go against you. The same as offside and lying on.

At the game the Smith "knock on" went backwards first then bounced forward. That makes it no knock on as it initially went backwards. Doesn't matter how far it bounces after that. It was amusing seeing this pointed out to Sinfield when he was complaining and after he watched the incident on the screen he stopped complaining and walked away.

then Sinfield. Like silverwood should have seen that smith blatantly knocked on after his colleagues knocked it backwards then forwards.

then Sinfield. Like silverwood should have seen that smith blatantly knocked on after his colleagues knocked it backwards then forwards.

Ball went backwards, then bounced forwards, that is not classed as a knock on. If it had gone forwards first, then it would have been a knock on. Maybe it looked different on the TV but at the ground it looked like it went backwards.

Either way, that was a great game. Clubb, Bateman and O'Loughlin made such a big difference to Wigan, as did playing McIlorum for 80 minutes.

Apart from the Matty Smith knock on can't think of any other mistakes the officials made in that game. The Aiton penalty was 100% the right decision and so was the disallowed McGuire try for obstruction. Throwing your hands up in the air doesn't mean your not still stood in the line and causing an obstruction regardless of whether Tomkins made a poor read or not. This was Watkins mistake as if he'd continued through the line instead of stopping the try would have been given.

McDermott came across as a complete ###### in the post match interview. All he wanted to do was pick an argument with Rod Studd instead of just answering the questions. Embarrasing & cringeworthy !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

McDermott came across as a complete ###### in the post match interview. All he wanted to do was pick an argument with Rod Studd instead of just answering the questions. Embarrasing & cringeworthy !

He's done that quite a few times before as well.

Apart from the Matty Smith knock on can't think of any other mistakes the officials made in that game. The Aiton penalty was 100% the right decision and so was the disallowed McGuire try for obstruction. Throwing your hands up in the air doesn't mean your not still stood in the line and causing an obstruction regardless of whether Tomkins made a poor read or not. This was Watkins mistake as if he'd continued through the line instead of stopping the try would have been given.

I thought the received wisdom on here was that only Wane did this sort of thing. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

It was a bit like pulling teeth......."when I have I said that?, I don't believe I've ever said that before".......tbf to him he may well not have and Rod's wording of the question "well you've always said that Leeds get what they deserve" probably didn't come out as intended but Big Mac was not in the mood to let such things pass by....

Ball went backwards, then bounced forwards, that is not classed as a knock on. If it had gone forwards first, then it would have been a knock on. Maybe it looked different on the TV but at the ground it looked like it went backwards.

Either way, that was a great game. Clubb, Bateman and O'Loughlin made such a big difference to Wigan, as did playing McIlorum for 80 minutes.

it went backwards. Then forwards. Then Smith knocked the ball forward in to Moons legs. It might not have been clear at the ground but it was very obvious on TV.

Archived