Championship Shield: Dewsbury 30 Whitehaven 42

graham fisher

Regarding not being able to put their forwards on the ground, have a study at Faz when he tackles and I mean just about every tackle that takes place when he's on the pitch, he's round their ankles before you can blink. I think he was brought up with the old saying ' they can't run bart legs'

Perhaps he should show the rest how it's done. Having said that if you think you will go a season without loosing THINK AGAIN

Loosing is going to happen now and again. So get behind the lads and encourage, you will find that it works in most cases.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought one of our biggest problems was the fact we were just so predictable.

In the first half Thacks kicks to Grady worked, but doesn't mean we have to do it every time.

Same can be said about scooting from acting half. Like I say Farrell got a try by doing it once, doesn't give him an excuse to do it every time. Conroy the same, but with less success.

Also with playing the reserves, you have to ask yourself some questions.

First of all can we finish top? I'd say no at the moment, BUT will people pay first-team admission to watch the reserves? Again I'd say no, so need to weigh everything up before simply saying 'let's give some of the reserves a chance.'

Also any news on Hale and Uaisele? Expected Etu to be playing yesterday.

If you do mean me then just say.

However, I / we weren't 'missing'.

I worked 50 hours last week + another 6 on Sunday, but we still made sure we had a match report and quotes from the head coach online within three hours of the game ending.

So don't accuse me of going 'missing'.

Cheers.

Dear Thomas

My poke was at the morrison minions who come on here week after week defending their messiah, listening how it's never his fault for pathetic performance's (like yesterday)

You my friend are trying to be the school prefect of the school yard,trying to cast judgement on everything and everyone to keep the peace in "happy planet dewsbury "

If you wish to associate yourself with the sugar coating brigade that's your perogative... I would have thought you'd have to keep neutral and not express "an opinion"

What you do with your time is your concern

And not mine

For what you do you have received praise

And I'm sure never once on here (no doubt you'll scour the threads in search of dirt)

Slagged off your work...and I never will

We've the best man in the best job and that's you...and if it was me you'd be paid for what you do and try bring

And on the subject of morrisons minions

It was rather refreshing to hear one of their family slagging the team's performance off yesterday

Just goes to show that living with a wally is not contagious

Btw where is wakefield ram is he away without Internet access ;) you'd have thought nestle would have had wifi

;)

I do think tom me & you need to.have a pint together to clear the air between us

Well we all see what we want to see I guess GOR. I've never been a Wildie cheerleader but have seen consistently improved performances from him over the last few weeks. Similarly I have seen a number of below par ones from Thackeray, which you seem to blame on everyone else (no relationship there I guess?). The number of poor passes that he threw out yesterday was amazing. You might also note that he defends down the Grady/Morton flank, but that would have nothing to do with it.

No matter, we were very poor yesterday and Whitehaven exploited that very well.

I'm not a soccer fan so don't leave early even when my team is losing, so I did get wet; very wet.

You are absolutely right BSJ - we all turn a blind eye when it suits, I'll even admit Thacks has been below his usual standard recently, BUT if he had been injured early on in the season, where do you reckon we would have been in the table without him, because I'd guess we would be down there with the Dogs. Below par or not, he still puts in the kicks for Grady, and he still scores tries regularly. Personally, I think the loss of Seymour has affected his game more than it should, but there you are.

Glad you stopped to the bitter end anyway BSJ - determined but moist. Were you hoping for a miracle, or just making sure you got your moneys worth ? ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Can't believe MARKETRAM's comments regarding Thak's kick to Grady (which resulted in a try) saying it's ok to do it once but not to repeat it. Also stating loose half Farrell scooting in for a try but 'it doesn't give him the excuse to do it every time.

What a lunatic you are MARKETRAM. The winner of a game is the one who accrues the most points I don't care how many times Grady scores having received a kick from Thaks nor do I care how many times Faz SCOOTS in for a try. You need a wire swopping mate.

Can't believe MARKETRAM's comments regarding Thak's kick to Grady (which resulted in a try) saying it's ok to do it once but not to repeat it. Also stating loose half Farrell scooting in for a try but 'it doesn't give him the excuse to do it every time.

What a lunatic you are MARKETRAM. The winner of a game is the one who accrues the most points I don't care how many times Grady scores having received a kick from Thaks nor do I care how many times Faz SCOOTS in for a try. You need a wire swopping mate.

Think what Marketram is trying to say is that we need to mix it up. It worked for Grady and Faz once, then it stopped working. If it kept working don't think anyone would be complaining.

I remember Chappy doing his trade mark show and go 3 times and crossing the whitewash for his efforts each time, in the same game. Can't remember who it was against now, but I do recall my father-in-law telling the opposition as they gathered behind the posts for the kick, he would keep doing while they let him. Just goes to show not every defence is smart or sharp enough to pick up on repeated set plays or planned moves

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

You are absolutely right BSJ - we all turn a blind eye when it suits, I'll even admit Thacks has been below his usual standard recently, BUT if he had been injured early on in the season, where do you reckon we would have been in the table without him, because I'd guess we would be down there with the Dogs. Below par or not, he still puts in the kicks for Grady, and he still scores tries regularly. Personally, I think the loss of Seymour has affected his game more than it should, but there you are.

Glad you stopped to the bitter end anyway BSJ - determined but moist. Were you hoping for a miracle, or just making sure you got your moneys worth ? ;)

I just don't like leaving before the end Grumpy whether my team is winning or losing. That's something which only soccer fans (and Wigan fans - renowned for the famous "Wigan walk" at Central Park) do, surely?

I suppose if we were 30 points ahead with 10 minutes to go then you would also leave early, or is it simply pique?

:onthequiet:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I just don't like leaving before the end Grumpy whether my team is winning or losing. That's something which only soccer fans (and Wigan fans - renowned for the famous "Wigan walk" at Central Park) do, surely?

I suppose if we were 30 points ahead with 10 minutes to go then you would also leave early, or is it simply pique?

:onthequiet:

Actually yes I would if the choice was between that and a huge dousing - don't forget, I had to walk all the way from the armchair comfort of the North stand to the bottom end of the car park. In the event, leaving before the end of a certain defeat was a no brainer, and if that makes me some kind of round ball wiganite, then here we go here go here we go whure's me pahs whurs me pahs whurs me pahs. :onthequiet:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Can't believe MARKETRAM's comments regarding Thak's kick to Grady (which resulted in a try) saying it's ok to do it once but not to repeat it. Also stating loose half Farrell scooting in for a try but 'it doesn't give him the excuse to do it every time.

Get with it. This is 2015, teams aren't stupid, we have to do something different, or teams will predict our next move.

Where I was stood, everyone went watch Farrell scoot here. And what did he do, scoot.

I never played a pro game of rugby in my life but I read that like chapter nine, so Whitehaven must have been all over that - which they were. They all bunched round and waited for him to do it, when the other choice would be to throw it out and try get it to the other flank, where there was quite clearly an overlap.

Can't believe how much rubbish people talk on here, SOME not all, know nothing about rugby at all, and are stuck in the past.

Gradys kicks worked twice, Whitehaven didn't let it happen a third.

The kick to Pryce worked, but the second time Burns picked the ball out the air.

Variation is everything.

Get with it. This is 2015, teams aren't stupid, we have to do something different, or teams will predict our next move.

Where I was stood, everyone went watch Farrell scoot here. And what did he do, scoot.

I never played a pro game of rugby in my life but I read that like chapter nine, so Whitehaven must have been all over that - which they were. They all bunched round and waited for him to do it, when the other choice would be to throw it out and try get it to the other flank, where there was quite clearly an overlap.

Can't believe how much rubbish people talk on here, SOME not all, know nothing about rugby at all, and are stuck in the past.

Gradys kicks worked twice, Whitehaven didn't let it happen a third.

The kick to Pryce worked, but the second time Burns picked the ball out the air.

Variation is everything.

You're wasting your time trying to educate us addled, time warped, ancient old rugby retards on here marketram. You should be passing your expertise on to the only man that matters, Glen Morrison. You have a point though. Every time I see Rob Burrow at dummy half, I just know he's going to scoot, duck under the first tackle, sidestep the fullback, and outpace the cover to the line. Predictable as hell. :tongue:

George Bernard Shaw.

So that's one for Faz, TWO for Grady and one for Pryce, That's four tries. Aren't bothered if you can predict it mate that's four tries. That is the Gospel according to winning !!!

So that's one for Faz, TWO for Grady and one for Pryce, That's four tries. Aren't bothered if you can predict it mate that's four tries. That is the Gospel according to winning !!!

Hey up someone can count, wonder if you can count how many chances are wasted because someone went on their own when there was a better option. Because I've lost count.

Or maybe count the time kicks have gone into the corner and have been plucked out the air by oppositions winger? 

My point still stands. Yes tries are good, they make us happy and they make the opp unhappy, so they try their best to avoid the same mistake again, so they sniff out kicks and they put an extra man near the play the ball when they 80% know he'll go himself.

AND grumpy so glad you mentioned Burrows. 

Here that Aiton's a good hooker, he knows what he's doing. Let's stick with him all 80 minutes, we know that works. NO!

Burrows is brought on to cause havoc, run at tired defences etc etc and that style of play the opposition have been used to all game isnt the same style of play when burrows comes on for the last 25, its different, its a variation. 

I can just imagine Burrows going over the line and the ref would sound something like. 'No try, time off. Video ref can you just have a look at Burrows try is it the same as the last two' and then the reply would be ' yes it was exactly the same as the other two so no try' Back to the ref ' No try Rob you need to vary it a bit' and then Burrows would probably say ok sorry Marketram.

Ye because that makes sense and is exactly what I said.

Time to give up, because this is an argument you've quite clearly lost and are now becoming delusional

Pot, kettle, black anyone?

Ooops, sorry that's a very old-fashioned analogy.

:dancer:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Not sure you will want to, but if you do, here are the moving pictures from Sundays game

Didn't make the game so makes an interesting watch. You don't get the full view of course but

I see Dale let in his customary try by rushing out and defence on that side appeared to be shocking. Ryan hardly covered himself in glory at full back either. and defence in general was a tad lacklustre.

Watching it back must have been grim for our coach!

Didn't make the game so makes an interesting watch. You don't get the full view of course but

I see Dale let in his customary try by rushing out and defence on that side appeared to be shocking. Ryan hardly covered himself in glory at full back either. and defence in general was a tad lacklustre.

Watching it back must have been grim for our coach!

A tad lacklustre like the pope is a tad catholic Nick.  ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

After watching yesterday's Challenge Cup Final, I reckon that being a Dewsbury supporter ain't that bad after all.

Ask A HKR fan how they feel this morning.

As good as been a Leeds fan?

After watching yesterday's Challenge Cup Final, I reckon that being a Dewsbury supporter ain't that bad after all.

Ask A HKR fan how they feel this morning.

Glad HKR didn't score - at least we didn't have to listen to the miserable, curmudgeonly, unsporting halfwits that seem to make up their support, booing and venting their spleen at the bent refs who it seems prevent them from winning every match by fifty. Glad they banned the drummer as well, it made the moronic "we're Leeds Rhinos" chant slightly more tolerable. Glad Peacock and Sinfield went out on a high   though - both have been a credit to the game.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived