Elephant in the Room

roughyed8

After today's excellent win Roughyeds are now one win from promotion but we still have to deal with the elephant in the room (no not Mr Hamilton), whitebank is not fit for Championship rugby and there is deafening silence on where the team will be playing. Please can we have a statement saying something, even if specific venues can't be named at least that an agreement is in place for a stadium that meets championship requirements. It would be devastating if all the hard work the players have put in comes to nothing and if promotion is won the club is then denied a place due to not having a suitable ground.

Yes it was a terrific win today.With regard to the ground situation, I choose not to think about it.I just try and concentrate on the team performances. Think of the ground too much and it gets a bit depressing. But your right,it doesn't bare thinking about not going up if the team has earned it.Worrisome times.

I've said this on a previous post and i'm happy to be proved wrong but at the ORSA Buffet before the Barrow game, Chris said we'll be away from Whitebank and back after one year because we cannot get the ground up to standard in the limited time between this season and next. Where i do not know but hope and pray it's not to far away from Oldham. But for now let's celebrate the wonderful season we are having and enjoy the presentation of league winners and playoff winners in 2 weeks time  ;)

What a ding-dong match today, it's just a pity one side had to lose.

Had our lads taken full advantage of the chances they created late in the first half and during the second 40, the result might have been different. 

Well done Lions! - and Roughyeds too.

What a ding-dong match today, it's just a pity one side had to lose.

It's a fair point.  If we get over the line and gain promotion this year, we need to compete with the likes of your club week in week out.  We've had two great games against you this year and let's hope we can both enjoy a similar experience next year too.  Two Lancashire teams getting promoted out of League 1 will suit me just fine.

We've been asking for months. He's got exactly what he wanted. You've all forgot the massive problems and the bull cos we're winning. As soon as the attendances topped 500 he stopped sharing real info at the meetings. Then stopped the meetings. Stopped communication. He's not interested in engaging with fans, he did it cos he thought he was going out of business and the rfl told him to.

I'm sure the club will be promoted. But it doesn't solve any of the fundamental problems. Short and long term ground issues. Club financing. Unless he has a non profit agreement with Boundary Park, we will be playing outside Oldham next year, with a new lease bill to pay.

Enjoy promotion. It's been a long time coming and well earned by great performances. But don't be shocked next season if all the old issue arise.

We can overcome most of the problems except one.

CH the immovable problem.

Until he informs the fans and potential investors of the truthful situation of the club so that an answer to our problems we will always have the problem.

As always - and I have said this regarding his postings on other threads - Harry hits the nail on the head

Archived