Sunday then

Robin  Evans

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11:46Tuesday 29 December 2015

Fears that Featherstone Rovers prop Andy Bostock sustained a broken jaw in Sunday’s pre-season match at Castleford Tigers have been allayed.

Bostock, who was sidelined last season with a broken arm, was taken to hospital for an x-ray on his jaw after being injured in the second-half.

The x-ray revealed the jaw was not broken which was excellent news for both the player and the club.

Rovers coach Jon Sharp said: “Andy Bostock hasn’t broken his jaw and will fine.”

For those who cannot get on to the above link

Im Fev and im proud

Great news about Bozzy. It was rare to see him start on Sunday and he didn't look as effective, albeit against a higher class of opposition. I asked Jon Sharp about it after the game and he said Bozzy himself wants to start more, and Sharpy wanted to try a new approach with him.

We'll see how he goes but I hope its not because of any stigma attached to being on the bench? In the past he has been the most important forward because of the lift he gives the side when coming on after 20 minutes.

Great news about Bozzy. It was rare to see him start on Sunday and he didn't look as effective, albeit against a higher class of opposition. I asked Jon Sharp about it after the game and he said Bozzy himself wants to start more, and Sharpy wanted to try a new approach with him.

We'll see how he goes but I hope its not because of any stigma attached to being on the bench? In the past he has been the most important forward because of the lift he gives the side when coming on after 20 minutes.

Yes, I always see him as an impact player off the bench. Perhaps that's because he has such good footwork for a big man so he can make good yards againsta tiring defence. Im sure he could go well as a starting prop too though.

that's great news. we don't have to have him put down now. can't believe some of the stuff on here.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Archived