Sunday then

Robin  Evans

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Featherstone Rovers prop Andy Bostock was taken to hospital for an x-ray after being taken off in the second-half of Sunday’s pre-season game at Castleford Tigers.

Bostock sustained a jaw injury in a match Castleford won 42-28 after they led 30-0 at half-time.

Featherstone’s new signing Matt Wildie was also injured but it wasn’t serious.

Rovers coach Jon Sharp said: “It looks like Wildie has suffered concussion but he should be fine. We’ve more concerns with Bostock at this stage.

“Bostock has gone to hospital for an x-ray on a jaw injury. It’s too early to say whether it’s broken or not.

“That’s one of the disappointments of friendles and one of the things that always worries you a little bit. You want to try to get through games like this unscathed.”

Im Fev and im proud

Well thats Andy "chocolate body" bostock injured again - time to cut our losses? Great forward yes but far too injury prone

Wildie also taken off injured

We were miles the better team second half, cas made wholesale changes though and put the cue on the rack after 50 mins but we did really well to show up their unprofessionalism

Just a shame it took us 50 mins to get going

Thought Jon Davies and Thackeray were our best players today but thought they all put a shift in today and last 30 mins were great to watch

If it was Bostock's groin again I might agree with you, but his last two injuries, a broken forearm and now a suspected broken jaw have been unrelated to previous injuries and down to pure bad luck. Briggs, Cording, and possibly one or two others have suspect knees and the club pins their hopes on them, so why not Bozzy? We do miss him though when he's out!

If it was Bostock's groin again I might agree with you, but his last two injuries, a broken forearm and now a suspected broken jaw have been unrelated to previous injuries and down to pure bad luck. Briggs, Cording, and possibly one or two others have suspect knees and the club pins their hopes on them, so why not Bozzy? We do miss him though when he's out!

It cant all be bad luck - injured making a tackle today, think his arm break occured making a tackle

Could his tackling technique be to blame? Is he posistioning himself in the wrong posistions?

It cant all be bad luck - injured making a tackle today, think his arm break occured making a tackle

Could his tackling technique be to blame? Is he posistioning himself in the wrong posistions?

You've only to look at Iain Morrison through out his rugby career and the injuries he sustained, so would you say the same about him ??

Im Fev and im proud

Are you for real? Its rugby, as for calling him chocolate, have you ever played the game.

Positives and negatives from Sunday:

Negatives: We were out-muscled big time in the first 40 minutes. Whether we can win the collisions against a big pack remains an obvious concern. Really struggled to bring them down, they offloaded at will and we rarely looked like stopping them. Turned ball over too many times. Couple of softish tries conceded. Wings went ok but neither have the build to provide impact from dummy half runs we have had in previous years from our wings.

Positives:

Good team spirit to come back in 2nd half, even though Cas clearly took foot off the gas/made lots of changes. Davies went ok and coped surprisingly well when having to play at 9. Ormondroyd shaped well and seemed to play a lot of minutes.Sam Day again very sharp especially near the line. Thackeray's speed on the interception and Johnson's on his second try impressive.

Overall too early to draw many conclusions especially in a friendly.

Goodish second half, after first 40 when I thought we were in for a 60/70 to nil thrashing. Could tell they were super league just by their strength and power, however we matchedthem in the last 30, especially for enthusiasm. Terrible pity about bozzy though.

To use a well quoted phrase on here. Have PATIENCE. To quote another. It'll be reight.

Well thats Andy "chocolate body" bostock injured again - time to cut our losses? Great forward yes but far too injury prone

Wildie also taken off injured

As Steve said - had it been a recurring knee / ankle injury etc then fair enough but a broken arm and a broken jaw can happen to anyone and is just bad luck. Are we really supposed to think that at the age of 30 Bossy has no idea how to tackle without injuring himself? Why don't you just punch him in the face and make sure its broken - I'm sure he couldn't feel much worse right now.

Get better soon Andy - we need you !!

Yes as said before great forward but we havent got the biggest pack and everyones saying we need another forward

Can we afford to have a forward, a starting forward at that who we know has lets be fair, a chequered injury record?

Has Bostock even gone through a season uninjured for us?

Thats all i am saying/suggesting

Hopefully all my concerns prove to be silly and he has a good season - however i will be all into your ribs if he breaks down early in the season

Yes MTK et al i agree with all your comments re bozzy and morro

I wasn't agreeing with you, I was merely asking you a question which you didn't answer

Im Fev and im proud

I believe we signed a forward who we knew had an injury record in morro and took a risk we would see a lot of him - that is debateable weather that happened or not - i think his style of play was a reason for a lot of his injuries

But we could get away with having someone like that in the squad in morros era as everything was a closed shop and we were winning and could afford to run a decent sized squad

Whereas bostock wasnt someone with a previous poor injury record but has become more prone to more and more niggles and injuries as the years have gone by - in my opinion all the injuries arent down to bad luck alone

The squad is obviously not as big anymore, we arent as successful and theres more at stake now - can we still get away with it if something does happen?

Has the extent of his injury been confirmed yet?

It's not as easy as just saying get rid of him there would still be the matter of his contact to settle. I think Bostock when fit brings an impact that we don't have from anyone else in the squad and to get somebody in who brings the same impact would not be cheap even if we could find someone. It may be a case of looking at how we manage Bostocks game time so we get the best out of him in the crucial games as he is a game changer on his day.

Archived