Cathares Knights - Catalans Dragons

Cathares are a French domestic league selection between Carcassonne, Limoux and Lezignan. It is now a yearly encounter and Cathares' ambition is clearly Super League.

The game will be played in Stade Albert Domec, Carcassonne, at 16h30 (French hour) Saturday. Dave Taylor and Todd Carney are out injured.

Here's the Catalans team :

Escaré, Richards, Inu, Duport, Broughton
Bosc, Myler
Bousquet, Pelissier, L.Anderson
Horo, Stewart
Baitieri

Here's the Cathares team :
Towers, Renu, Mataele, Stacul, Cardace
V.Anderson, Benausse
O.Percy, Bouzinac, Rouanet
K.Samson, Williams
Sadaoui

Cardace has been ripping up the comp playing centre this year, hope he's going to kill it. I think he definitely has bags of potential. 

Cathares are a French domestic league selection between Carcassonne, Limoux and Lezignan. It is now a yearly encounter and Cathares' ambition is clearly Super League.

The game will be played in Stade Albert Domec, Carcassonne, at 16h30 (French hour) Saturday. Dave Taylor and Todd Carney are out injured.

Bosc, Myler

Horo, Stewart

Baitieri

V.Anderson, Benausse

K.Samson, Williams

Sadaoui

Cardace has been ripping up the comp playing centre this year, hope he's going to kill it. I think he definitely has bags of potential.

Hopefully cardace will do a Gigot and eventually fulfil his potential after years of being in the wilderness. Bit of a shame there's no Catalan juniors or reserves in the team but they could be a few named on the bench.

Hopefully cardace will do a Gigot and eventually fulfil his potential after years of being in the wilderness. Bit of a shame there's no Catalan juniors or reserves in the team but they could be a few named on the bench.

I would like too, everyone says he's a nice lad, very quiet. 

His main weaknesses are defusing bombs and rushing in, in defence. These can be taught by a good coach. On the other hand, speed is a thing that can't be coached and boy is he quick.

EDIT : Aiton won't play so expect to see hooker from the reserve or the U19. My guess is on Alrix Da Costa.

I would like too, everyone says he's a nice lad, very quiet. 

His main weaknesses are defusing bombs and rushing in, in defence. These can be taught by a good coach. On the other hand, speed is a thing that can't be coached and boy is he quick.

EDIT : Aiton won't play so expect to see hooker from the reserve or the U19. My guess is on Alrix Da Costa.

I'm not convinced, poor handling can be improved but rarely to a top level. His positioning was also awful, which comes down to game understanding/management which can be taught to an extent but is more to do with nous of reading the game. I'm not sure he has much going for him.

Gigot was different, he always had skills, he just couldn't defend.

The 14s 16s and 19s are playing before the first team, have you seen cardace this year? Ripping it up? Not what I've seen/ heard!

Tyrone pau could be playing centre as he has been for carcassonne! Not bad for a 38 year old prop!

The 14s 16s and 19s are playing before the first team, have you seen cardace this year? Ripping it up? Not what I've seen/ heard!

Tyrone pau could be playing centre as he has been for carcassonne! Not bad for a 38 year old prop!

Has he been bad? 

I was going by hearsay, I must admit nobody told me anything wrong about him this season. You certainly know better than me though!

He's just average does nothing wrong but nothing special, when the presidents mentioned that lezignan players weren't trying he wasn't mentioned as one of the stand out players, seems to have dropped to the standard of elite 1 and is comfortable,

Bosc, Myler

Horo, Stewart

Baitieri

V.Anderson, Benausse

K.Samson, Williams

Sadaoui

Really disappointed by the lack of French players in the Catalan team, it's even less than last year.

With Carney and Taylor also set to return it looks like being even less than it is for this game.......ridiculous.

Really disappointed by the lack of French players in the Catalan team, it's even less than last year.

With Carney and Taylor also set to return it looks like being even less than it is for this game.......ridiculous.

...And expect to see Aiton start the games rather than Pelissier.

On the other hand, they said that Yaha is supposed to be in balance with Richards/Broughton and we're waiting for Casty to come back. 

It's frustrating but in the current system it's understandable in most cases.

Wow big changes here, team announced!

Cathares : V.Ferret, Cardace, Stacul, Mataela, Renu
V.Anderson, Soum
Herold, Bouzinac, Sadaoui
Williams, Samson
Martins

INT : Percy, Pau, Rouanet, Masima, Benausse, Bourrel, Yesa, Escamilla

Catalans : Gigot, Broughton, Inu, Duport, Richards
Bosc, Myler
Bousquet, Pélissier, Elima
Horo, L.Anderson
Stewart

INT : A. Da Costa (U19), Mounis, Escaré, Yaha, Robin, Maria, Margalet, Sigismeau, Perez.

U16 game :  

Cathares 16 - 30 Catalans

U19 game still going on, score evolution :
0 - 6, try for Khedimi
6 - 6, try for Mingaud 
6 - 12, try for Belmas 
6 - 18, try for L.Albert
6 - 24, try for V.Albert

Another performance from young Lucas Albert who made his SL debut last season. 

U16 game :  

Cathares 16 - 30 Catalans

U19 game still going on, score evolution :

0 - 6, try for Khedimi

6 - 6, try for Mingaud 

6 - 12, try for Belmas 

6 - 18, try for L.Albert

6 - 24, try for V.Albert

Another performance from young Lucas Albert who made his SL debut last season.

Is V.Albert any relation to Lucas Albert and if so is he as good?

Archived