Cancelation of sky

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11,000,000 or so UK Sky Subscribers...if we all cancelled they wouldn't bat an eye-lid and if we did, it would probably result in them eventually dropping the sport and RL returning to the semi-pro days.........brilliant idea!

I agree

Only a total idiot would cancel sky as it's our main source of income

I'm renewing it again

On a couple of points - it was confirmed on Sky towards the end of last season that 2016 is definitely Stevo's last year, and Boots N All is gone for good and won't be back this year.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I don't get the chance to attend many games these days so both SKY and Premier Sports are great for me.

I consider them to be very good value for the amount of Rugby League I get to see.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Living in Wales it is very easy to see how the Rugby League supporter is deprived of their favourite sport compared to Rugby Union fans. Every Friday night there is a televised match on BBC. ITV then come in with more game time, and are currently advertising the 6Nations. Add to this S4C regular contributions, and there is so much game time I am sure I will have missed some out, but as a League supporter I will only get the Thursday Friday matches, and at some impossible hour weekly highlights

On a couple of points - it was confirmed on Sky towards the end of last season that 2016 is definitely Stevo's last year, and Boots N All is gone for good and won't be back this year.

I know we haven't qualified for a proper studio for a while, but surely there is a no longer used outside loo they can use? Stick of chalk to add a some extra graffiti, so as to add some atmosphere, and live feed taken from a mobile phone stuck to the wall with blu-tack....how much would it cost?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I know we haven't qualified for a proper studio for a while, but surely there is a no longer used outside loo they can use? Stick of chalk to add a some extra graffiti, so as to add some atmosphere, and live feed taken from a mobile phone stuck to the wall with blu-tack....how much would it cost?

Sounds a lot like an accurate description of the corporate facilities at Belle Vue.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Premier Sports are bringing back their rather excellent hour long version of Back Chat though, which is a much better watch than Boots n All was in recent years.

Living in Wales it is very easy to see how the Rugby League supporter is deprived of their favourite sport compared to Rugby Union fans. Every Friday night there is a televised match on BBC. ITV then come in with more game time, and are currently advertising the 6Nations. Add to this S4C regular contributions, and there is so much game time I am sure I will have missed some out, but as a League supporter I will only get the Thursday Friday matches, and at some impossible hour weekly highlights

I've noticed this and have come to the conclusion it must be different but deliberate strategy's, the RFL seem to want focus all rugby league eyeballs on a couple of games a week I assume in order to maximise viewing figures while the RFU seem to want to want to maximise the chance that non RU fans stumbles across a game during the weekend even if it impacts viewing figures. Not sure which is the correct strategy long term.

I've noticed this and have come to the conclusion it must be different but deliberate strategy's, the RFL seem to want focus all rugby league eyeballs on a couple of games a week I assume in order to maximise viewing figures while the RFU seem to want to want to maximise the chance that non RU fans stumbles across a game during the weekend even if it impacts viewing figures. Not sure which is the correct strategy long term.

the televised rfu club games are all on pay tv. Same strategy as the RFL's.

Interntionals on terrestrial and pay. Same as the rfl.

the televised rfu club games are all on pay tv. Same strategy as the RFL's.

Interntionals on terrestrial and pay. Same as the rfl.

I was talking about RU decision to flood the market with as many games a week as possible, 3 premiership games every week and the occasinal championship game, top 14 / pro 12 every europenan cup game telivised live every tier 1 international available on the major pay tv channels, age group internationals on sky, a handfull of super rugby games every week, currie cup and npc as well, all available on terrestrial or a major pay station. Put the TV on at the weekend and theirs is a decent chance their is game of RU being shown.

While rugby league puts out 2 super league games a week and the occasional championship game, only 75% of England games were televised this year, a handfull of challenge cup games and the NRL is hidden away on a channel who's subscriber base could fit in my bathtub and absolutely no nsw cup or queensland cup. Who knows maybe it's not a strategy but a lack of content, but 2 super league games a week is ridiculous, televised rugby league on a weekend is effectively done and dusted by 10 o'clock Friday night.

I was talking about RU decision to flood the market with as many games a week as possible, 3 premiership games every week and the occasinal championship game, top 14 / pro 12 every europenan cup game telivised live every tier 1 international available on the major pay tv channels, age group internationals on sky, a handfull of super rugby games every week, currie cup and npc as well, all available on terrestrial or a major pay station. Put the TV on at the weekend and theirs is a decent chance their is game of RU being shown.

While rugby league puts out 2 super league games a week and the occasional championship game, only 75% of England games were televised this year, a handfull of challenge cup games and the NRL is hidden away on a channel who's subscriber base could fit in my bathtub and absolutely no nsw cup or queensland cup. Who knows maybe it's not a strategy but a lack of content, but 2 super league games a week is ridiculous, televised rugby league on a weekend is effectively done and dusted by 10 o'clock Friday night.

RU has Welsh, Irish and Scottish teams that get games televised. That isn't a direct comparison with what we do.

Out of our 'regular' 30 rounds we get 3 games a week for around 18 of those plus 6 games for 1 more round. We then get another 6 games for Summer bash. For regular English club rugby we get a similar number of games, on a channel that has higher viewing figures. We then have a handful of club games on the BBC live.

We then had a fair number of games on Sky online only.

Our regular season coverage is in line with RU's approach, yet they get credit - seems strange to me.

Internationals and international club RL is in need of action, I won't disagree with that.

Archived