Cancelation of sky

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cancelled SKY Sports a year or so ago, and surprisingly haven't missed it at all to be honest. I obviously didn't watch as much SL in 2015 as i would have normally, but there are ways around that.

Initially i signed up with Now tv, which is part owned by SKY i believe, and subscribed on a weekly/daily basis as and when i wanted. ie magic weekend/play-offs

I've now completely cancelled my sky subscription. I'm Murdoch free. I've signed up with a new broadband provider and been given a free Amazon fire stick as part of the package, which has access to Netflix and iplayer etc.. and also has the capacity to have certain live sports streaming apps downloaded onto it.. so can get my SL fix that way, well thats the plan anyway..

I've still got premier sports, so plenty RL to watch on there this season.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

when i was going through the process of cancelling (online), before you finally cancel your subscription you are offered a cheaper deal.. so worth exploring that if your tempted to stay.

you'll always get offered better terms when phoning to cancel also.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

when i was going through the process of cancelling (online), before you finally cancel your subscription you are offered a cheaper deal.. so worth exploring that if your tempted to stay.

you'll always get offered better terms when phoning to cancel also.

You can cancel online??

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

If you're not committed to following a SL club, then Premier Sport is not just a cheaper option than Sky, but they show lots more RL programming.

Not just during the season either; I just checked their website schedule, and they are currently broadcasting a Brisbane v Newcastle match.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

you can go through the process of cancelling online, you get the "will you stay if we offer you this?" offer come up, but think it then probably directs you to a phone number.

I had pretty much just finished my 12 month contract so was able to walk away without paying any cancellation fee (another way to keep subscribers).. so if your in the middle of a contract a phone call is probably best.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

It is not good that Sky have lost the Champions league and also some good Premier league games to BT, who have the Arsenal v Liverpool game tonight. So I would have to pay an extra £20 to see all the football each month.

I much prefer Championship rugby and I used to like the Thursday night games on Sky. I did enjoy the Championship magic weekend though. Also the super 8 games with Wakefield were exciting.

I only watch RL on Sky sports and I dont follow a super league team so it's going. Any one else think the same.

Never had it. Don't want it.  I wouldn't ###### on Murdoch if he was on fire.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

cancelled it 18 months ago....80 quid better off, plenty to watch on freeview / media players.

missed super league( but not the "stanza" comentary)

ended up going to watch more Rovers games, and also got back into watching East Hull....

so more money , more fresh air, more live rugby, less stevo ( ie zero)

All Good :)

only downside was literally hundreds of phone calls and letters.....they stopped after around 14 months.

cancelled it 18 months ago....80 quid better off, plenty to watch on freeview / media players.

missed super league( but not the "stanza" comentary)

ended up going to watch more Rovers games, and also got back into watching East Hull....

so more money , more fresh air, more live rugby, less stevo ( ie zero)

All Good :)

only downside was literally hundreds of phone calls and letters.....they stopped after around 14 months.

only 80quid better off after 18 months. that was a great contract you had

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Cancelled mine last week. I was paying £90 a month for Sky TV, Broadband and phone. Switched to BT but not bothered with the sports package and so managed to save myself £65 per month. I'll get my fix via premier Sports, plus this decision will force me to make the 500 mile round trip to see the Wires play more often!

No more Stevo  :gaming:

11,000,000 or so UK Sky Subscribers...if we all cancelled they wouldn't bat an eye-lid and if we did, it would probably result in them eventually dropping the sport and RL returning to the semi-pro days.........brilliant idea!

Che Sera Sera.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

11,000,000 or so UK Sky Subscribers...if we all cancelled they wouldn't bat an eye-lid and if we did, it would probably result in them eventually dropping the sport and RL returning to the semi-pro days.........brilliant idea!

So we just accept rise after rise which goes to subside sky high football rights or Murdochs next wedding?

At some point a line needs to be drawn as to cost/benefit to you.

Some on this thread have hit this point. I just hope they mention regarding Rugby League when quitting to show there is a fanbase out there who would pay to watch.

Personally I would go for a non-football Sky Sports subscription for say £23-£30 less a month if that option was available.

Archived