Leigh reaction.

town4me

As an afterthought, I think some praise is due to Chris Murphy- as our trainer I don't think he signed up to play but he's stepped into the breach and scored a couple of tries as well as holding his own in defence. A word also for Kris Coward-with only one sub he made more comebacks than Frank Sinatra -he looked completely knackered !  

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its all been said , the lads were phenominal.....heres a bit of food for thought.......have we actually benefitted by being short on the bench , with just props rotating theres not as much tinkering about with our attacking or defensive systems , it is always said in football a team benefits by having a settled eleven  .i.e. leicester..........is jamie dorans service from half back the reason we have more go forward......did leigh not have the same defensive line speed of the other teams that have been up here , they certainly didn t from where i was standing.........or did mr hewer mark out a big ten metres and let the game be more open .

Nice to see Cottercash supporting Town again, I hear things arnt all rosy down Fatland way ;)

After reading the above I spoke to my work mates who support the dark-side, who ended them selves, until one blurted out that Cotter is in contact with 2 - 3 of our team trying to recruit them, whether it was a wind up or not they are adamant that Shackley is keen to sign for the dark-side when he is out of contract ?

Like most of the rumors or hearsay that are posted on all these sites what is fact or fiction ?

After reading the above I spoke to my work mates who support the dark-side, who ended them selves, until one blurted out that Cotter is in contact with 2 - 3 of our team trying to recruit them, whether it was a wind up or not they are adamant that Shackley is keen to sign for the dark-side when he is out of contract ?

Like most of the rumors or hearsay that are posted on all these sites what is fact or fiction ?

Was it not Shackley who wanted to go to haven last season, he's also big mates with brocky i believe so that might be part of it.

i would be amazed if shacks isnt with haven next year. Hes out of contract with town.not sure who any others could be as we tied most down to 2 or 3 year deals. Think theres only the likes of callum, buffer and murphy who are running on there last years of there contracts. On another note i hope were already trying to get gordon to activate that 2nd year deal now.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Couldn't help but clap your guys off the pitch yesterday you were excellent. Big solid defence that made us really work for every try. Said after the Cup game & I'll say it again I'd have Sammut in our team. Expected a very different game from that cup game but didn't expect you to step it up that much! Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I'd heard a couple of times that when Cotter is at the Town games its Carter and Olstrum he's after. Shacks is a new one. Can understand Olstrum but Carter is a slightly strange one.

I'd heard a couple of times that when Cotter is at the Town games its Carter and Olstrum he's after. Shacks is a new one. Can understand Olstrum but Carter is a slightly strange one.

both signed 2 year deals so i doubt either are going anywhere.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Cotter has been at towns last 3 home games I think,   1st game he wasn't allowed on 1st team bus coz it was full and was asked to go on supporters bus ,which he told em to shove it, ......if I was a director I wouldn't be accepting that and it is well known that his heart lies with town but there are bad feelings regarding his departure after years of great service. I feel he is full of energy and commitment , a loveable rogue and the town board would be better with him on it. 

Cotter has been at towns last 3 home games I think,   1st game he wasn't allowed on 1st team bus coz it was full and was asked to go on supporters bus ,which he told em to shove it, ......if I was a director I wouldn't be accepting that and it is well known that his heart lies with town but there are bad feelings regarding his departure after years of great service. I feel he is full of energy and commitment , a loveable rogue and the town board would be better with him on it. 

Is it April fools day already?

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

Cotter has been at towns last 3 home games I think, 1st game he wasn't allowed on 1st team bus coz it was full and was asked to go on supporters bus ,which he told em to shove it, ......if I was a director I wouldn't be accepting that and it is well known that his heart lies with town but there are bad feelings regarding his departure after years of great service. I feel he is full of energy and commitment , a loveable rogue and the town board would be better with him on it.

all the directors where on the supporters bus first game of the season away to Halifax can't see the players bus being full think it was all about bonding with the fans

Archived