Leigh reaction.

town4me

Okayyyy well I hope he plays big minutes and puts in a big performance next Sunday .. A tooth abscess that lasts 4 days must be some abscess .. Tooth ache can be bad I guess .. I played on the same day as getting 2 wisdom teeth out a few years back .. I guess if he could have played he would

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okayyyy well I hope he plays big minutes and puts in a big performance next Sunday .. A tooth abscess that lasts 4 days must be some abscess .. Tooth ache can be bad I guess .. I played on the same day as getting 2 wisdom teeth out a few years back .. I guess if he could have played he would

I thought you were having the wisdom teeth put in ?

The feel good factor came back with a bang today! What an effort, it was a dire situation to be in but brilliantly managed .

How have we struggled to score up to now when we can score tries like that?? You knew it would take its toll having one sub but we never rolled over and scored a fantastic try to finish.

Other players who stood out for us were Liam McCavoy for a herculean defensive display, bet he can't walk in the morning, ......

Not just in defence he must have taken in it more than any other and was it him that took that sneaky forearm smash in the face from Acton?

Ritson getting MOM will have massively boosted his confidence as well. He'll be raring to go next week

You should have heard his after match speech in the TM lounge after the match, Mr Fryer commented that it was better than an Oscar speech :taunt:, also nice to see all the team in there congratulating the young lad, very well deserved  

Just got back from Workington and would like to join the Town fans, in singing (well, shouting!) the praises of your side. We noticed that there were only 14 players taking part in the pre-match, but only realised after the game, that you only used those 14! Makes me wonder what the result may have been, had you had four fit subs to use!

Well done on an outstanding performance in an extremely adverse situation. It's easy to brush off our performance by saying we played poorly, but the old adage says that you play as well as you are allowed to play, and you posed us no end of problems.

A special word of praise for young Ritson. I was watching the video of your recent cup game at ours - now that was a game where you did allow us to play - and Ritson gave Tom Armstrong ten yards start and had caught him within twenty! He does look seriously quick, and had an appetite for work too.

So, very well played - those 14 are an outstanding credit to your club. Oh, and feel free to cause similar problems to the likes of Batley, Bradford, London, etc!

Have you seen his face  123 ? I suspect you haven't , the lad was in real pain, you must be a realun marra, have you told Wayne Bennett your harder than Sam Burgess, am sure England could do with you pal,  you will have the Aussies bricking it ;)

Take a bow Jamie Doran and Carl Forber today, two players who have took some stick lately, both played extremely well today, well done lads. 

And a very well done Mrs Forber, thanks for taking it easy on Carl on your wedding night , expected him having a bad back ;)

Wow from getting stuffed last week at Leigh too that the lads can hold there heads high!! For me should of been a win! +36 start at bookies too alot of people will have lost there money! Tee take a bow son! Hell of a game 2 running back tackles after breaks/interception!! try saving tackles on he's own line!

I hope doran keeps up the way he's playing! Was up there with mom after playing 158 minutes in 4 days at hooker and I can see from the side line he's heart definitely in town now! Shouting and speaking too the boys all game! Just needs he's fitness better but playing full game and hooker nearly twice he can't be far off is he??

Carl after the last month this guy has had! I take my hat off for him! Grandad passing again! And plays that day!! And the getting married between a 2 game weekend! Great effort! Also congratulated too you both!! Next week is the start of a new session for me! Let's go town and proud

Wow from getting stuffed last week at Leigh too that the lads can hold there heads high!! For me should of been a win! +36 start at bookies too alot of people will have lost there money! Tee take a bow son! Hell of a game 2 running back tackles after breaks/interception!! try saving tackles on he's own line!

I hope doran keeps up the way he's playing! Was up there with mom after playing 158 minutes in 4 days at hooker and I can see from the side line he's heart definitely in town now! Shouting and speaking too the boys all game! Just needs he's fitness better but playing full game and hooker nearly twice he can't be far off is he??

Carl after the last month this guy has had! I take my hat off for him! Grandad passing again! And plays that day!! And the getting married between a 2 game weekend! Great effort! Also congratulated too you both!! Next week is the start of a new session for me! Let's go town and proud

Sorry grandad passing away*

Take a bow Jamie Doran and Carl Forber today, two players who have took some stick lately, both played extremely well today, well done lads.

And a very well done Mrs Forber, thanks for taking it easy on Carl on your wedding night , expected him having a bad back ;)

Jamie doran had had an exceptional two games over easter. Well done lad!this lad has has some criticism but IMO he has stood up this weekend !

For all the money leigh have spent over the last 2 seasons, sammut is still head and shoulders above anyone in there squad.

Yes he's good, but you're judging Sammut after 1 home game against us....'head and shoulders above any Leigh player'' I doubt it very much.

Jamie doran had had an exceptional two games over easter. Well done lad!this lad has has some criticism but IMO he has stood up this weekend

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Jamie doran had had an exceptional two games over easter. Well done lad!this lad has has some criticism but IMO he has stood up this weekend

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Outstanding, Outstanding, first class effort and we played some great rugby as well, Ritson and Gordon particularly impressive. 14 players (prob only 10 fit) just as good as Leigh's full time international squad, Leigh supporters around us where extremely complimentary regarding Towns performance today.

Apparently Micky Higham's a great player!

superb backs to the wall performance and all the players to a man deserve a huge pat on the back.

However, the current injury situation requires urgent action and I hope that PV is using his contacts in the game to bring in some much needed reinforcements on a months loan to allow those lads carrying injuries some recovery time.

Sunday's game against Swinton is huge, and we have to win - simple as.

There is football in this team, and they showed yesterday they know how to play, so let's see some of the same this weekend

one thing I noticed on Friday Doran is solid and not really overweight,maybe not the best half back at this level but lets no one down at hooker 

I have reffered to Jamie's weight on here before ,but only in the context of the half back position for which I think he lacks mobility. I fully agree that he had his best game for Town yesterday at hooker -quite possibly that role suits his physique better. Who knows me might have another Keiron Cunningham on our books!     What I did notice was the manner in which he acknowleged the fans applause-he clearly thrives on support so I for one will get off his back and let him get back to the form that Wigan saw in him .

Archived