Sky as bad as the BBC

Did anyone else notice on Super League Full Time in Chris Chesters interview when hes sat there in his wakey body warmer.....

Skys info bar pops up saying Chris Chester Hull KR coach....and the Hull KR logo at the side!

If this was the BBC there would be outrage!

Rovers lost both Bank Holiday fixtures so maybe Sky thought he'd been reinstated?

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Did anyone else notice on Super League Full Time in Chris Chesters interview when hes sat there in his wakey body warmer.....

Skys info bar pops up saying Chris Chester Hull KR coach....and the Hull KR logo at the side!

If this was the BBC there would be outrage!

Nothing like yipyee

Aunty would've insisted on at least one yawn question with a bit of related footage and would've had a picture of Clive or Jonny placed just behind him!

Outrage where it's due bias v incompetence, they're not the same!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

It's a case of not biting the hand that feeds you

Explanation or poor excuse?

We don't have to accept rubbish just because that's all that's offered!

Sky have made a lot of errors this season; a quick look at Twitter and an error soon pops up. In addition to this their coverage is just getting shoddier and shoddier.

i disagree. We get a decent build up to games through the SSN style half hour, then the video screen reviews at the end are first rate.

5 games last weekend on Sky was great too.

i disagree. We get a decent build up to games through the SSN style half hour, then the video screen reviews at the end are first rate.

5 games last weekend on Sky was great too.

Well, as I just said, they've reduced Friday's build up to a quarter of an hour so this Friday there won't be a half hour build up.  Five games over Easter was indeed great but they have been showing at least four games over Easter for years given that the Easter weekend represents two rounds.  Meanwhile, they no longer show any discussion programmes on TV and yet their subscription charge has risen.

Well, as I just said, they've reduced Friday's build up to a quarter of an hour so this Friday there won't be a half hour build up.  Five games over Easter was indeed great but they have been showing at least four games over Easter for years given that the Easter weekend represents two rounds.  Meanwhile, they no longer show any discussion programmes on TV and yet their subscription charge has risen.

yes but you super duper league clubs keep taking their money, and you and a lot more keep paying through the teeth.

yes but you super duper league clubs keep taking their money, and you and a lot more keep paying through the teeth.

but as koukash said the chaimen never even considered alternatives....and were only given an hour to consider the deal!

tonight's graphic had a great home win for Castlefield

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

tonight's graphic had a great home win for Castlefield

they are showing Penine League 4 results now? Jeez - makes you wonder what the rest of them are complaining about.  

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

does it matter keep taking the money,castlefield would die without it,hows the new stadium coming on :onthequiet::blum:B):sarcastichand:

building starts in October. And well done on finally making a post without referring to "super duper league"

HTH

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

so in other words sky has super duper league over a barrel,because without the pittance they pay would leave some super duper teams in financial trouble.

yes and no....

For whatever reason the RFL want to keep exclusivity with sky....

I thought the whole reason for bringing brian barwick in was for media contacts (he used to run itv? And chairman of the FA)

Whenever I see skyports commercials (I'm not a subscriber) Super League doesn't exist.

I am a subscriber and yes it does exist in the commercials, sadly less prominently than in the past! For accuracy!

I am a subscriber and yes it does exist in the commercials, sadly less prominently than in the past! For accuracy!

I doesn't seem to exist for those who might want to subscribe. It's all Golf, champions league, premier league, fl championship. No rugby league whatsoever.

I doesn't seem to exist for those who might want to subscribe. It's all Golf, champions league, premier league, fl championship. No rugby league whatsoever.

So only for possible subscribers those who subscribe and see more commercials don't count? There is a reason for this Pbach, surely you can work out why this might be the case?

As i understand it Sky have done well with viewing figures for our game in relation to their financial outlay.

Therefore it is only right for them to reciprocate with advertising upcoming matches etc and particularly one high quality magazine type programme.

Who is standing our corner with Sky?Whilst the initial financial outlay is the most important-the actual product that the broadcasters come up with is also vital.The present results ie the marketing,the quality of the programme and back up is at its worst in recent years.

So only for possible subscribers those who subscribe and see more commercials don't count? There is a reason for this Pbach, surely you can work out why this might be the case?

I didn't realise commercials were personally directed at me.

Tell me Ox, do you have a problem with anyone making negative comments about sky?

Archived