Kendall

Phil Loxton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumour I've heard from Panama is that he has an offshore account. Any investigation is BLOXED, SORRY BLOCKED.

Oh hes account alreight

Im not a Fev fan, you wont hear many excuses from me.

Ring any bells ?

08 Mar 2016

photo_389428.jpg

Sheffield director of rugby Mark Aston has questioned a late penalty on Sunday which helped hand Leigh a close victory over his side.

With the scores tied late in the game, referee Chris Kendall gave Leigh a penalty right in front of the posts.

Martin Ridyard nailed the penalty and the Centurions then added a try to Cory Patterson to win 36-28.

“For the referee to give a penalty in front of the sticks needs questioning,” Aston told The Sheffield Star.

“To give a ‘hands on’ or whatever in front of the home end with minutes to go was a poor decision. I spoke at half-time and I said to the players: ‘We can still win the game because if we can get to the last 15 minutes they will go. 

"If we are still in there, we have a chance.’ And that’s what happened.”

Ring any bells ?

08 Mar 2016

photo_389428.jpg

Sheffield director of rugby Mark Aston has questioned a late penalty on Sunday which helped hand Leigh a close victory over his side.

With the scores tied late in the game, referee Chris Kendall gave Leigh a penalty right in front of the posts.

Martin Ridyard nailed the penalty and the Centurions then added a try to Cory Patterson to win 36-28.

“For the referee to give a penalty in front of the sticks needs questioning,” Aston told The Sheffield Star.

“To give a ‘hands on’ or whatever in front of the home end with minutes to go was a poor decision. I spoke at half-time and I said to the players: ‘We can still win the game because if we can get to the last 15 minutes they will go. 

"If we are still in there, we have a chance.’ And that’s what happened.”

He'd just given Sheffield about 12 on the bounce mind you

I believe Kendall got a decent report off both clubs but feel free to ask your coach about that. If you re-watch the game without blinkers you could see that for your self though.

Rams coach questions referee kendalls late late call

are we all paronoid

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the late decision.

Our discipline this year has been an issue and was only a matter of time where discipline becomes a decisive issue.

A penalty is a penalty regardless of what minute in the game it is.

However, if you are going to award a result changing penalty in the last minute, be prepared to have your performance scrutinised.

The game is gone now. We'll be reight.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Our discipline this year has been an issue and was only a matter of time where discipline becomes a decisive issue.

However, if you are going to award a result changing penalty in the last minute, be prepared to have your performance scrutinised.

All refs are told if your going to give a result changing penalty in the last seconds of  game you make sure your 100% right

I was at the game, but was 100 yards away at the other end so can't comment on whether Davies was offside or not, and the video of the game doesn't shed any light on it. I do think at least 9 times out of 10 that penalty wouldn't be awarded, and there were occasions earlier in the game where similar offences close to the line went unpenalised.

I didn't comment on the original game thread though as I just glaze over when people start claiming the ref is bent. Got no problems with people saying the officiating is inconsistent, or that you need to be extra sure before giving a last-minute penalty that's going to alter the result, and at times this year the Championship seems to have suffered from over-zealous young officals (in this case the touch judge). It wasn't bent though, it was just massively infuriating. Kendall gave us a penalty in front of the posts with about seven minutes left when we were trailing by two points, and on the tackle before the game-winning penalty he could have penalised us because the play-the-ball took a long time (personally I thought the Fax guy was trying to milk a penalty, but the point is if the ref had been looking to give one, he had every chance then). We were desperately unlucky to be penalised when we were, but I can't be doing with the conspiracy theories.

Anyway - as has been said, it's all history now, and Sunday's results have done plenty to reverse the impact of the Fax game, but as this thread is still going strong, I thought I'd have my say. 

I was at the game, but was 100 yards away at the other end so can't comment on whether Davies was offside or not, and the video of the game doesn't shed any light on it. I do think at least 9 times out of 10 that penalty wouldn't be awarded, and there were occasions earlier in the game where similar offences close to the line went unpenalised.

I didn't comment on the original game thread though as I just glaze over when people start claiming the ref is bent. Got no problems with people saying the officiating is inconsistent, or that you need to be extra sure before giving a last-minute penalty that's going to alter the result, and at times this year the Championship seems to have suffered from over-zealous young officals (in this case the touch judge). It wasn't bent though, it was just massively infuriating. Kendall gave us a penalty in front of the posts with about seven minutes left when we were trailing by two points, and on the tackle before the game-winning penalty he could have penalised us because the play-the-ball took a long time (personally I thought the Fax guy was trying to milk a penalty, but the point is if the ref had been looking to give one, he had every chance then). We were desperately unlucky to be penalised when we were, but I can't be doing with the conspiracy theories.

Anyway - as has been said, it's all history now, and Sunday's results have done plenty to reverse the impact of the Fax game, but as this thread is still going strong, I thought I'd have my say. 

When hell freezes over and a referee awards Fev a victory in a tight finish I will discount any future potential conspiracy theories.

• 1 year later...
On 11/04/2016 at 2:58 PM, The Blues Ox said:

Im not a Fev fan, you wont hear many excuses from me.

I'm the last one to resurrect old threads about referees or even moan about them but reading the TotalRL general forum thread on the Qualifiers and the Fax RLFans forum on their game v Catalans yesterday hasn't half tickled me...Kendall was reffing and it seems certain people have a very different perspective on him now...my irony meter has just broken!

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/307473-2nd3rd-sept-super-8s-qualifiers-match-thread/&page=11

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=608239&sid=2612023928a0408a83283ba34574d64d

8 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'm the last one to resurrect old threads about referees or even moan about them but reading the TotalRL general forum thread on the Qualifiers and the Fax RLFans forum on their game v Catalans yesterday hasn't half tickled me...Kendall was reffing and it seems certain people have a very different perspective on him now...my irony meter has just broken!

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/307473-2nd3rd-sept-super-8s-qualifiers-match-thread/&page=11

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=608239&sid=2612023928a0408a83283ba34574d64d

Catalans were the better side and deserved to win. Its a different ball game though if Bird gets the red he should have at 0-0 after 30 minutes. Anyway I like him I think he would do a great job in SL. ;)

Archived