Kendall

Phil Loxton

as a Hunslet fan I went and am totally neutral.I thought the ref had had a decent game until the last min, got to say you were then robbed, there seemed to be no pen as fax messed the drop goal up and moved the ball wide where Moore had the ball stripped one on one and Talapapa would have a straight run in to clinch the game.Wheather Davies was offside or not I wouldn't know but surely the ref would have raised his arm to signal a pen there and then if he was instead of waiting until Moore lost the ball.IMO you were  robbed and that's from a neutral.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really matter? There will be no apology or explanation from RFL or Kendall, no match replays etc

Lets move on and look forward to Workingtons winning try next week from a blatant knock on

Why would there be an explanation? Kendall made the correct decision, there is only the rest of the game to discuss and that will be done between the RFL and the 2 coaches.

as a Hunslet fan I went and am totally neutral.I thought the ref had had a decent game until the last min, got to say you were then robbed, there seemed to be no pen as fax messed the drop goal up and moved the ball wide where Moore had the ball stripped one on one and Talapapa would have a straight run in to clinch the game.Wheather Davies was offside or not I wouldn't know but surely the ref would have raised his arm to signal a pen there and then if he was instead of waiting until Moore lost the ball.IMO you were robbed and that's from a neutral.

the neutrals usually right

Why would there be an explanation? Kendall made the correct decision, there is only the rest of the game to discuss and that will be done between the RFL and the 2 coaches.

I know there wont be any explanations but it would be nice for a ref to come out and say "i got that wrong i aplogise" or " i came to that descision because.."

It occasionally happens in football

If the refs did that maybe everyone would have a bit more sympathy and maybe more accepting of some descisions

I know it will never happen because everyone would be asking about every contentious descision then

I kind of agree but in that instance he is going to say "I came to that decision because Davies was stood 5 yards offside".

We have not even discussed the final pass from Taliapappa that could easily have been called forward or a knock on. Ive watched it 3 or 4 times and I still think it could have gone either way. Its one where the ref has to make a split second decision without any replays, if it had gone the other way I dont imagine there could be many complaints. We had one in the second half where the ref called a knock on 15 yards from your line where my initial thought was there was no knock on and the ball came loose on the ground and ended up with B Moore 5 yards from the line. Did he get that one right? The video will tell.

I kind of agree but in that instance he is going to say "I came to that decision because Davies was stood 5 yards offside".

He might also say "the reason it took so long for me to give the penalty after original offence is because....."

oops, sorry, i thought i was on the Fev forum. i'll get off, i've got no interest in reading oxy's rugby league for dummies.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

as a Hunslet fan I went and am totally neutral.I thought the ref had had a decent game until the last min, got to say you were then robbed, there seemed to be no pen as fax messed the drop goal up and moved the ball wide where Moore had the ball stripped one on one and Talapapa would have a straight run in to clinch the game.Wheather Davies was offside or not I wouldn't know but surely the ref would have raised his arm to signal a pen there and then if he was instead of waiting until Moore lost the ball.IMO you were robbed and that's from a neutral.

I am a Fev fan but I very rarely criticise players or referees. It's sad to think that a ref who had no regard for offside throughout the game deemed it so important to wait 30 seconds after the so called incident to race 30 metres towards the posts and penalise Fev AFTER they had won the ball back fairly.His handling of the Fev v Fax game last season was also questionable.It's nice for a neutral to take the time to put over their point of view.

After a bad night I have pushed it to the back of my mind. What's done's done, and what's done can't be undone. Onwards and upwards our luck must change soon. The more we torment ourselves with it the worse it will get whilst others are laughing up their sleeves. Forget it and move on.

A little bird has told me that Kendall & his touchies have been dropped for this weekends matches due  the fax cock up. doesn't help us though ????

A little bird has told me that Kendall & his touchies have been dropped for this weekends matches due the fax cock up. doesn't help us though ????

According to the BBC website they were officiating at Leigh yesterday.

A little bird has told me that Kendall & his touchies have been dropped for this weekends matches due  the fax cock up. doesn't help us though ????

I believe Kendall got a decent report off both clubs but feel free to ask your coach about that. If you re-watch the game without blinkers you could see that for your self though.

I believe Kendall got a decent report off both clubs but feel free to ask your coach about that. If you re-watch the game without blinkers you could see that for your self though.

Inside knowledge on refs reports now .mmm not much you dont know is there.

He's entertaining if nowt else.

Ha yeh definately .what he doesnt know about rugby from upstairs to downstairs isnt worth knowing .hes got to be a politician as well some of the excuses and twists he comes out with , think he even convinces himself sometimes

Ha yeh definately .what he doesnt know about rugby from upstairs to downstairs isnt worth knowing .hes got to be a politician as well some of the excuses and twists he comes out with , think he even convinces himself sometimes

Im not a Fev fan, you wont hear many excuses from me.

Archived