Leigh?

distantdog

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh just scored two quick tries.

37-30.

Well played lads.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

well done batley,I sincerley mean that,its awful at times being a leigh fan and no way on earth did we deserve that win,something isnt right at our club in that we cant defend leads and dont seem to be able to put together an 80 minute team,but seriously well done to you guys,I hope you make the top 4 but would rather not play you again!!!

Very proud. Cant wait to read up on that performance. Stuck at the Cotswolds with family.

We certainly put a ahift in.

Thanks to oldham beating fev or we'd loose 4th

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

What a game. Excellent, really good entertainment and effort. Keegan must have done nigh on 70 mins or so it seemed. The news guys look solid and another decent game from Harrison. We looked like a top four team again well done lads

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Yep fax and fev are now picking up points so our flirt at the top needs protection or its bumming below mid way with shams.

Lets keep the performances up though we deserve a good finish

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

At 30-25, I thought we had them. When Dom made the break and JH went over, their team looked shattered.

A penalty and A huge slice of luck later (when a Batley player just couldn't gather a wayward pass) and Smith created the winner. We defended loads better, made errors too, but as a team looked a decent unit going forwards. James Davey put us on the front foot, and Keegan carried the pack with a massive performance, but a real team effort. I hesitate to comment on other sides, and their team sheet frightened the life out of me, but they didn't look like a team, and for a Leigh side, thought they lacked pace, but then again, not great conditions.

Wth Rowey, Browny and Chris U back, Catalan might not be the hiding we all dread....

At 30-25, I thought we had them. When Dom made the break and JH went over, their team looked shattered.

A penalty and A huge slice of luck later (when a Batley player just couldn't gather a wayward pass) and Smith created the winner. We defended loads better, made errors too, but as a team looked a decent unit going forwards. James Davey put us on the front foot, and Keegan carried the pack with a massive performance, but a real team effort. I hesitate to comment on other sides, and their team sheet frightened the life out of me, but they didn't look like a team, and for a Leigh side, thought they lacked pace, but then again, not great conditions.

Wth Rowey, Browny and Chris U back, Catalan might not be the hiding we all dread....

Not sure l would play Ulugia, Rowe and Brown against Cats. Perhaps keep the same side as today, then bring them back against Halifax, which could be crucial for a top four position.

Was working today, tried to follow LoveRL but it was all over the shop as usual. Can somebody set out the team as LoveRL says Hesketh played yet wasn't in the squad and which of the new guys played?

I know it's a risk for upcoming important league games playing those returning injuries but a good side and good performance v Catalan will buck us up and back up on today's showing. Now that we have these 4 new guys we're still well covered. As a matter of interest, what length of contract did Casey and Peterson sign?

Was working today, tried to follow LoveRL but it was all over the shop as usual. Can somebody set out the team as LoveRL says Hesketh played yet wasn't in the squad and which of the new guys played?

He was in the squad as published on the website. Casey, Minikin and Petersen were in the team today. Follow the match on Batley's Twitter account, it is the fastest way to keep updated.

I agree DD, they sometimes come in too fast, but the excitements certainly there.

Cheers Roger.

He was also on the team sheet publish by Leigh just prior to the match, I wasn't at the game either.

Archived